View Poll Results: Are you a rage fan?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... BULLS ON PARAAADE!!!

318 82.81%
  • Maybe, too young to know them back then.

11 2.86%
  • No rage is teh suck Im gonna go cry about my parents and paint my eyes the color 'tragic'

55 14.32%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage haters?

Default Re: Rage haters?

i actually love rage and have for a really long time... but i think this divine quality that some people deem upon them to be a bit ridiculous.

Banned

LOL @ this thread.

Banned

yeah some get a little too involved and trust me the flags will be waving and the guys who cant handle their beer and get beer bravery will be out in force. for me im gonna find a good spot and enjoy the moment and rock on! good way to end the fest.

Banned

hey people love fucking music man! id rather be high on this then some other shit ive taken over years ( trust me the scar over my right eye is enough proof to not mix beer, tequila and some type of pill i took! ) lol

this is the best thread I've read on here! Hilarious!

...but there's no way Rage draw more fans than Radiohead did in 04. No way.

Quote Originally Posted by offyerhead View Post

Prepare to eat your words. I'm going there from Vancouver. You should come with me!

truely i grew up with rage blink and sum 41 and as my musical taste began to grow rage was the only that stayed with me

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo Von Sexron View Post
    So did the Pixies. They bluntly said so. So do %99 of other bands. What's your point?
    The Pixies haven't made a career screaming "FUCK THE MAN!!! CAPITALISM IS TEH EVIL!!1!!"

I don't have any problem whatsoever with people making money. However, I don't really respect people who do it selling a commoditized image of anti-capitalist revolution, or by being such blatant corporate whores while simultaneously demanding to be taken seriously for their anti-corporate political tirades. If they were an apolitical band, or hell, even a political band singing the praises of the free market, more power to them, but don't try to play the outcast rebel in a hairshirt when you're raking in the bucks from CDs they sell at Hot Topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jonhill604 View Post
    Do I have to reiterate that the political drive and inspiration created by rage surpasses any monetary value they would derive in return
    You can reiterate it as much as you would like, that doesn't make it true. I don't think RATM has contributed much, if anything, to the political movements they would like to be associated with. I think the number of people who have been had political awakenings listening to Rage Against the Machine is minimal to effectively nonexistent.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    i always find it amusing how some kids get on here shouting about sell outs but face it when a band gets big, they sell out........ all over the place with thousands to come see them.. its a way of life.
    And I don't have a problem with that, when the act in question is not simultaneously making a big show about how they're not in it for the money, but rather for some high-minded political ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    i actually always take a line i heard from what Ice-t said one time at a music conference: he said: the ones who shout sellout stay underground because difference means nothing to them. you have to infiltrate the system to break down the system. trust me rage in their own musical way, has made a difference.
    I really don't think they have. At best, they've maybe inspired some mall punks to play their music real loud in their bedrooms and maybe flip off a cop or something. RATM has not transformed the life of anyone with at least two brain cells to rub together.

And I think you are stupid enough that you can't tell the difference between my chemical romance and RATM.
    There's no more difference between My Chemical Romance and RATM than there is between Burger King and Taco Bell.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Burger King or Taco Bell. Just don't try to tell me they're some kind of organic health food.

Fuck it, I don’t care, I am going, and I am bringing my wife, who is caring our unborn child. I am sure I can handle it.

Point is, I've been a fan since 7th grade and RATM rocks regardless of all the fucks that will probably ruin the show, just like the lame moshing rioting punks did in 2000 in LA at the Staples Center during the Democratic National Convention, it still feel confident that is will be a fun show.

At any rate,
    Fuck it I hav e my own means of protection mess with my unborn child and get blown... Just so you know!

Kiss*Kiss*

If you dont take action now you'll settle for nothing later!

I just personally think that Immortal Technique has said more when it matters more than RATM

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    I just personally think that Immortal Technique has said more when it matters more than RATM
    That is probably the first thing said in this thread that I might agree with.

I'm glad you think that way, please don't show up and save space for the thousands of devote RATM fans that will take your seat happily.
    Jonhill to put it plainly your just trash. You obviously have no clue about what coachella is about. Please do us all a favor and stay home with your punching bag

Quote Originally Posted by dizfactor View Post
    The Pixies haven't made a career screaming "FUCK THE MAN!!! CAPITALISM IS TEH EVIL!!1!!"

I don't have any problem whatsoever with people making money. However, I don't really respect people who do it selling a commoditized image of anti-capitalist revolution, or by being such blatant corporate whores while simultaneously demanding to be taken seriously for their anti-corporate political tirades. If they were an apolitical band, or hell, even a political band singing the praises of the free market, more power to them, but don't try to play the outcast rebel in a hairshirt when you're raking in the bucks from CDs they sell at Hot Topic.

You can reiterate it as much as you would like, that doesn't make it true. I don't think RATM has contributed much, if anything, to the political movements they would like to be associated with. I think the number of people who have been had political awakenings listening to Rage Against the Machine is minimal to effectively nonexistent.

And I don't have a problem with that, when the act in question is not simultaneously making a big show about how they're not in it for the money, but rather for some high-minded political ideal.

I really don't think they have. At best, they've maybe inspired some mall punks to play their music real loud in their bedrooms and maybe flip off a cop or something. RATM has not transformed the life of anyone with at least two brain cells to rub together.

There's no more difference between My Chemical Romance and RATM than there is between Burger King and Taco Bell.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Burger King or Taco Bell. Just don't try to tell me they're some kind of organic health food.
    In my opinion Rage Against The Machine fans are very socially aware, intelligent people.

The whole 'fuck the corporate world while being on a major label' argument has been going on since 1992, and the band has explained their reasons. Whatís better, a Mac or a PC? No matter how you answer, someone else will always argue the other.

I donít know how old you are mate, but thereís a lot of people in their mid-20ís who have been inspired by Rage Against The Machine and fucking love them.

Donít ever compare a glam-rock, emo piece of shit band like My Chemical Romance to Rage Against The Machine. Theyíre totally incomparable. Even if you did mean for people to take it lightly.

They're a band that have effected a lot of people's lives - it's the only argument I'm defending here.
    "It has to start somewhere. It has to start somehow. What better place than here. What better time than now"

THE ZACK DE LA ROCHA NETWORK WILL BE LIVE AGAIN - JANUARY 26TH.

WWW.ZDLR.NET

here we come

I hear if i don't watch Rage "someone else will take my seat". The mere concept of an all seated Rage show is quite hilarious. Surely it makes moshing near impossible.

Plus, what is a biggot? Is it a cross between a bigot and a ******? Just wondering!

I am a huge Radiohead fan but....this band was one of the, if not the biggest rock bands in the world when they broke up...they have been broken up for 7 years, and now they are getting back together for 1 show....My phone has been ringing off the hook today with people asking me how to get tickets...I guarantee there will be more Rage fans then Radiohead fans in 1994, do you realize how many people in the World...no not just the U.S, the world are coming to see Rage one last time? Dont under estimate the fan base of one of the most powerful rock bands of all time, I love radiohead, but come on this is Rage Against The Machine getting together for 1 last time...

I'm gonna be coming from the UK to see the best and most influential band on the planet!

Christ, I pity all you people on this thread who can't appreciate Rage for their talent, music and their message. I'm not even gona get into it.. I just feel sorryor anyone who obviously doens't know what they're talking about

Banned

hey i can understand where they are coming from. at first i used to dispise Pearl jam. could never get it. hated them. then i worked concert security for one of thier shows and i saw 20000 people go completely nuts and it was a amazing show. i ended up respecting them becasue they connected with the ones who cared enough to shell out money to see them. thats all that counts in the end. this rage thing is gonna be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    jesus christ you people are the scum of the earth.
    wait you're any better?

I see no redeeming values in you either, so it isn't as though you have any more room to talk.

I'm pretty sure coachella will be bought out by almost every rage fan. I know I want some tickets and would have never been interested had it not been for RATM reuniting for this last show. not to mention the lineup of many other awesome DJs and bands, but if there is any 1 reason I'm getting tickets it is RATM.
    me > u

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanironmaiden View Post
    Christ, I pity all you people on this thread who can't appreciate Rage for their talent, music and their message. I'm not even gona get into it.. I just feel sorryor anyone who obviously doens't know what they're talking about
    Oh the exquisite irony.
    The Rage crying may even top the Tool punks from last year.

I pity people who are so sheltered and ignorant as to think RATM was some shining beacon of social awareness (and the idea that RATM fans are more socially sensitive is completely laughable). More of a message than the average band? sure, why not. However, not exactly saints. Read some of the stuff that inspired them. Go actually research the causes they supposedly championed. I dare you people to quote them right now without googling. I grew up listening to RATM. I was in high school, not 4th grade like a bunch of these people were. I remember people trying to articulate that crap. .... uuuh yeah that dude, that pelter dude, .. oh and the mummy guy... they're locked up for some reason... yeah fukk that. bullshit yo.

RATM is good, and they'll put on a great show, but for fukk's sake go easy on the deification. They're just a rock band. RATM is the soundtrack to a high school football locker room 30 minutes before the big game. It's young angst.

their name is also a bit "on the nose". just like their lyrics.

i also cant wait to laugh at people being told to sing, "F*UCK YOU, I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!"

Banned

image is a part of everything and honestly the go-gos wrote our lips are sealed and im sure there is a meesage to that too. lol to each his own that is what makes music such a beautiful passionate thing.

Talking Re: Rage haters?

Rage Against the Machine raised me.

Yeh man im from england and i cant express how much i want going to see rage in april. oh my god this is actually happening.
    i agree im taking a sniper rifle to the gig emo's shall die.
    if you hate rage... you simply don't listen to their lyrics. i think that once you actually try to understand what they express through their music you wont stop listening to them.
    I LOVE RAGE.......

i just browsed through this whole topic. being a fan of all sorts of music..i have been to countless metal..rock, emo, hardcore..metalcore...indie...and god knows what else. and yes i enjoy bands from all those genres. but hands down..RATM still is the most amazing show i have ever been to. I will be coming from austin,tx...just to see them play...and it's totally worth it.

hope to see u all there.

chano

Rage Against Rage Against The Machine?

It makes me so mad.

Talking Re: Rage haters?

I'm not going to go around punching people or throwing my body into people.
    yeh damn right you wouldn't have time to really enjoy the show if your in the middle of a pit full of big sweaty men trying their hardest to beat the crap out of each other, and cheering when a song finishes, then starting all over again.
    i know because i used to do it but its when you get out of the gig and think who just played??
    Sex in a festival

I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays.

Rage Against the Machine raised me. Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever. This band single handedly inspired me to critically think for myself. Talk about year of tha boomerang. It's time to rock. The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.
    Ever heard of bands like Dead Kennedys, The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers? RATM has NOTHING on them when it comes to poignant political lyrics.

You knock indie kids but RATM attracts more meathead types who like "rap-metal" than people who actually understand what they're trying to convey.

Personally, I probably check them out for a bit, but I saw them in 95ish at Red Rocks and I have no desire to be stuck in that kind of a crowd again.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Oh the exquisite irony.
    The Rage crying may even top the Tool punks from last year.

I pity people who are so sheltered and ignorant as to think RATM was some shining beacon of social awareness (and the idea that RATM fans are more socially sensitive is completely laughable). More of a message than the average band? sure, why not. However, not exactly saints. Read some of the stuff that inspired them. Go actually research the causes they supposedly championed. I dare you people to quote them right now without googling. I grew up listening to RATM. I was in high school, not 4th grade like a bunch of these people were. I remember people trying to articulate that crap. .... uuuh yeah that dude, that pelter dude, .. oh and the mummy guy... they're locked up for some reason... yeah fukk that. bullshit yo.

RATM is good, and they'll put on a great show, but for fukk's sake go easy on the deification. They're just a rock band. RATM is the soundtrack to a high school football locker room 30 minutes before the big game. It's young angst.
    Wow... I think you conveyed my exact opinion of RATM better than I can. lol

Especially the part about their 'fans' trying to explain what they're talking about.