View Poll Results: Are you a rage fan?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... BULLS ON PARAAADE!!!

318 82.81%
  • Maybe, too young to know them back then.

11 2.86%
  • No rage is teh suck Im gonna go cry about my parents and paint my eyes the color 'tragic'

55 14.32%
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Rage haters?

Default Re: Rage haters?

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItSantoriTimes View Post
    hey guys just realize on that April Sunday night you'll be leaving Coachella thinking "oh my god Rage just rocked the shit out of me."

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.... everyone just needs to get over their shit...

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snakecharmer13 View Post
    no you idiot... i was replying to his post

there arent any ghettos in canada.. there are poor areas or regions where people live

none of them are like the ones inthe states
    I know you were replying to his post, ignorant retard. I saw you sidestepping his point so I figured I'd give you another chance to explain your completely idiotic statement about how there's no such thing as canadian ghettoes.

potatoes
    tomatoes

can you feel the love in here!!!!

Mosh pites are for babies andway. If your over 21 and still moshing, its like watching a 60 year old in a speedo... such a shame to see.

But those who do it are usually( if they have any class or wit about them) are not violent. And very helpful. I got stuck in Rage pit and went down like a sack of shit..only to be brought up by a lovely Limey named Max.

People go to Rage concerts for different reasons... some have nothing better to do then to mosh cause they think they are cool. Some its for the music and vibe. Whatever the reason.. dont be an ass. respect that some dont wnat to mosh.. and some do. Let the moshers have their space and let the rest of us enjoy the music.

And Yes Viginia there are GHETTOS EVERYWHERE!!!!! Just cause YOU dont see them doesnt mean they dont exist.
    "I am just a watery Tart with a sword in her hand."

I think it's AWESOME that someone just bumped this thread.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Best thread EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by jonhill604 View Post
    I'll look for a urine-soaked carcass in the alley. Good luck with your shirt, I hope you don't get yourself steamrolled by some X-TREME fans, bitch.
    yeah i cant wait for this guy to get his ass kicked and his shirt changed to
    "april 29th
    rage
    taken
    up
    my
    ass"
    "This microphone explodes shattering the molds either drop the hits like de la o or get the fuck off the commode" long live RATM

Angry Re: Rage haters?

[QUOTE=jonhill604;8621]
    you are a retard for thinking that there isnt a difference in m.c.r. and r.a.t.m. what a discrace
    "This microphone explodes shattering the molds either drop the hits like de la o or get the fuck off the commode" long live RATM

Quote Originally Posted by illbill View Post
    I love TOOL...but they have some of the dumbest fuckin fans ever...Rage fans won't boo Manu, Wille, or Air.

I know lots of people that already bought presale tickets exclusively for Rage. I think that with success of Audioslave many fans believed Rage would never play again. It will be all Rage fans...cry all you want. Theyll buy 3 day passes if they have to, Rage fans will be everwhere. Right now, its 87-13 percent Rage supporters on this poll.

I doubt there will be more than 500 people that leave before Rage, no matter how much you guys talk shit...they are too good to not see, especially after a 7 year layoff. If you are going to watch them play, stop talkin shit.
    There are just as many idiot Rage fans as any other band. This is not to say I don't like Rage - I'm going because of them. But even so, they have their fare share of moron fans, just like Tool. I also, for the record, love Tool.

Lurker

YEAH THINNERAIR YOU GOD DAMN BIGOT. I'M GOING TO KILL YOU IN THE PIT.
    lol @ sarcasm

I'm a massive Rage fan, and I'm gonna go in the pits. That doesn't make me a simplistic brute who just wants to see Rage to punch people. The whole point about pits is that it's a celebration of the excitement of the crowd. Like people said, it's not just jumping around and smacking each other, pits have certain "unwritten rules" and anyone who acts like a total jackass soon gets his/her comeuppance.

Equally, I don't see what all the Rage-fan bashing is for. Not all Rage fans are idiots - some are going to be, no doubt, because if you get together a big enough group of people you're always going to have idiots, and there's a hell of a big group of people who consider themselves Rage fans. If you don't want to see Rage or if you skip the last part of the fest because of some protest about "Rage fans are going to ruin the vibe of Coachella" then that's your loss.

I can't wait. The atmosphere is going to be absolutely electric!

it will probably be the best gig i ever see.

Quote Originally Posted by ellipsis View Post
    it will probably be the best gig i ever see.
    you should go to more shows.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    that's my favorite thing to tell people

I saw Rage Against the Machine back in 1993 at Lollapalooza. Long before most of you have that keep complaining about us fans. We are entitled to enjoy this. RATM were/are without a doubt the greatest live band in the world. Nothing compares to the intensity, charisma and stage performace they put on. I am coming to Coachella on Sunday just to see them. I'm willing to pay the money just to see this reunion set which will be the guaranteed best show you've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom_69 View Post
    I saw Rage Against the Machine back in 1993 at Lollapalooza. Long before most of you have that keep complaining about us fans. We are entitles to enjoy this. RATM were/are without a doubt the greatest live band in the world. Nothing compares to the intensity, charisma and stage performace they put on. I am coming to Coachella on Sunday just to see them. I'm willing to pay the money just to see this reunion set which will be the guaranteed best show you've ever seen.
    see above

AH

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    see above
    I don't need to see your reply above mine, fool. I've seen over 400 live band performances over the last 18 years. Please humor me and mention one band that is better than RATM live. Plus I doubt you've ever seen them live so you're clearly talking out of your ass.

Banned

Pink floyd.

I don't need to see your reply above mine, fool. I've seen over 400 live band performances over the last 18 years. Please humor me and mention one band that is better than RATM live. Plus I doubt you've ever seen them live so you're clearly talking out of your ass.
    muahahaha....

I saw Rage at woodstock 99 and yes it was an extremely good show. However I still will say that Broken Social Scene puts on the best show I've ever seen. Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Mogwai, Bjork, Trail of Dead(save for coachella 04) and even The Go! Team put on amazing shows that I feel surpass RATM.

I don't keep count, but I've been to my fair share of shows.

So obviously I'm talking out of my ass....prick

There is nothing like 14+ people playing on stage together in perfect harmony... especially when one of them is Feist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    muahahaha....

I saw Rage at woodstock 99 and yes it was an extremely good show. However I still will say that Broken Social Scene puts on the best show I've ever seen. Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Mogwai, Bjork, Trail of Dead(save for coachella 04) and even The Go! Team put on amazing shows that I feel surpass RATM.

I don't keep count, but I've been to my fair share of shows.

So obviously I'm talking out of my ass....prick
    I've seen Pearl Jam live, Radiohead Mogwai, Bjork, Trail of Dead and not one of those bands comes anywhere near the energy of RATM live. Period. I haven't seen Go! so I won't judge them.

Bjork sucks live. End of discussion. Pearl Jam was good the time I saw them in Seattle but not a chance they match Rage's sheer energy. Radiohead I saw back when they first put out creep and they were great live but not in the same category. Mogwai is an awesome band but come on man, not anywhere near close. Trail of the Dead? bwahahah. Give it up son.

Bjork sucks live. End of discussion.
    The Earth is flat. End of discussion.

Radiohead I saw back when they first put out creep and they were great live but not in the same category.
    How can you judge a band's current live performance based on a tour probably ten years ago.

I've seen Pearl Jam live, Radiohead Mogwai, Bjork, Trail of Dead and not one of those bands comes anywhere near the energy of RATM live. Period. I haven't seen Go! so I won't judge them.

Bjork sucks live. End of discussion. Pearl Jam was good the time I saw them in Seattle but not a chance they match Rage's sheer energy. Radiohead I saw back when they first put out creep and they were great live but not in the same category. Mogwai is an awesome band but come on man, not anywhere near close. Trail of the Dead? bwahahah. Give it up son.
    Bjork does not suck live. So it's not the end of the discussion. She's dead on an extremely intense.

Every Pearl Jam show I've seen has been 100% pure energy.

Mogwai...maybe mogwai isn't right to compare because it's a different kind of thing. Mogwai is more about the feel.

Trail of Dead...yes...trail of dead...like I said every show of theirs I've seen, save for coachella 04, has been completely insane.

I see you've conceded to broken social scene then?

Basically, what it comes down to is that sheer energy doesn't make a show great.

Give it up son.
    oh yeah...don't call me son.

AND let me add...Daft Punk last year tops almost all of those including Rage

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    to be fair, i have seen a lot of bands live.

Heh, color tragic. That got a chuckle out of me.

But yeah, I'm stoaked to see Rage, I hope they keep it mainly to the live set on Live at Olympia but with a guest appearance by Maynard or something like that. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing Damien Rice, so I think I'll sport my "tragic" colors day 2 and wear my Che shirt day three. =D

If you people want to see mosh pits, go see Between the Buried and Me, or The Number 12...that shit is insane. I'm a huge Rage fan. I'm a big guy, and I'm gonna be jumpin'. If you don't like it, tough fucking titty.

The whole idea behind Rage's music (I always thought) was self-empowerment. Take what they say, interpret it, and go from there. Don't tell people to get hit by buses because they disagree with your opinion. If that happened, everyone in the fucking world would be getting hit by buses. Even you.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by insolitussomnium View Post
    If you people want to see mosh pits, go see Between the Buried and Me, or The Number 12...that shit is insane. I'm a huge Rage fan. I'm a big guy, and I'm gonna be jumpin'. If you don't like it, tough fucking titty.

The whole idea behind Rage's music (I always thought) was self-empowerment. Take what they say, interpret it, and go from there. Don't tell people to get hit by buses because they disagree with your opinion. If that happened, everyone in the fucking world would be getting hit by buses. Even you.
    I drive a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I drive a bus.
    Be sure to hit yourself extra hard

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I drive a bus.
    everyone pray