View Poll Results: Are you a rage fan?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... BULLS ON PARAAADE!!!

318 82.81%
  • Maybe, too young to know them back then.

11 2.86%
  • No rage is teh suck Im gonna go cry about my parents and paint my eyes the color 'tragic'

55 14.32%
Page 1 of 16 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage haters?

Hybrid View

Default Rage haters?

I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays.

Rage Against the Machine raised me. Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever. This band single handedly inspired me to critically think for myself. Talk about year of tha boomerang. It's time to rock. The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.

I just hope it doesn't sell out on day 1.

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something. Oh man that's just too much to comprehend at this point.

Default Re: Rage haters?

I already know some kids who are going to cry Moz style when Rage hits the stage..

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something..
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonhill604 View Post
    I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays.

Rage Against the Machine raised me. Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever. This band single handedly inspired me to critically think for myself. Talk about year of tha boomerang. It's time to rock. The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.

I just hope it doesn't sell out on day 1.

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something. Oh man that's just too much to comprehend at this point.
    Well I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    Well I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW.
    I thought it just needed a wash?

Quote Originally Posted by NoneForMeThanks View Post
    Well when you live in America and you get offered 1.5M to play a concert with band members you refused to play with before... you don't wash your Beemers, you buy new ones.

Well when you live in America and you get offered 1.5M to play a concert with band members you refused to play with before... you don't wash your Beemers, you buy new ones.
    Yeah, dipshit, so how do you explain RATM repeatedly turning down that kind of money over the years?

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentX-9 View Post
    Yeah, dipshit, so how do you explain RATM repeatedly turning down that kind of money over the years?
    Then you can explain why they didn't turn it down this time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoneForMeThanks View Post
    aaand? why do people get in the music biz...not to make a point publicly,not to get people to think for themselves,to stand up for what you believe in, fight for a voice that cant be heard...oh wait zach does that allready...hell we need them now more then ever with all these assjacks running around telling us the same ol sob story of why she broke my heart(EMO IS DUMB NOISE CALLED MUSIC)

old school

Quote Originally Posted by soulfly_42 View Post
    hell we need them now more then ever with all these assjacks running around telling us the same ol sob story of why she broke my heart(EMO IS DUMB NOISE CALLED MUSIC)
    i take it youre not a beatles fan or a led zeppellin fan or most music for that matter. lyrically, most music is about some assclown getting his heart broken. it happens, only what is considered 'emo' now isn't emo. its pop music. yes there is a difference. no we wont get into it here.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

fuck you sighlent, fuck you right in the goat ass.

even if they turned into complete capitalist pigs, which i am entirely convinced is not the case; they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps millions of people, even in the event that what you say is true, which i will swear on my arms and legs isn't - they would still have a net positive influence on popular struggle all over the planet, and not by just a few letters to the editor here and there, but by a large margin. you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.

even if they turned into complete capitalist pigs, which i am entirely convinced is not the case; they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps millions of people, even in the event that what you say is true, which i will swear on my arms and legs isn't - they would still have a net positive influence on popular struggle all over the planet, and not by just a few letters to the editor here and there, but by a large margin. you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.
    I can see the positive results listening to Rage has had on you...

how are you convinced it is not the case, the band has made no statement, better get used to being called Bob when you're swimming if you're betting your arms and legs.

how is playing to at MOST 60,000? (full occupancy at coachella) of mildly to very affluent individuals going to have a positive influence on popular struggle (wtf is that, what kind of struggle is popular) of the planet...

why am i a biggot of a psychopath?

I can see the positive results listening to Rage has had on you...

how are you convinced it is not the case, the band has made no statement, better get used to being called Bob when you're swimming if you're betting your arms and legs.

how is playing to at MOST 60,000? (full occupancy at coachella) of mildly to very affluent individuals going to have a positive influence on popular struggle (wtf is that, what kind of struggle is popular) of the planet...

why am i a biggot of a psychopath?
    In response to your mendacity of a post;
    The bands entire existence is enough of a statement for me to be convinced that they are genuine. I can't believe you would even imply that they sold out. My point is that your supposed mildly to very affluent individuals are going to be dwarfed by the amount of RATM fans who will show up from all over the world almost exclusively for RATM.

Nobody called you a biggot of a psychopath
    I called you a psychopathic biggot.

Take elementary courses in reading comprehension, and then (maybe) you might not find yourself the fortunate winner of a darwin award.

In response to your mendacity of a post;
    The bands entire existence is enough of a statement for me to be convinced that they are genuine. I can't believe you would even imply that they sold out. My point is that your supposed mildly to very affluent individuals are going to be dwarfed by the amount of RATM fans who will show up from all over the world almost exclusively for RATM.

Nobody called you a biggot of a psychopath
    I called you a psychopathic biggot.

Take elementary courses in reading comprehension, and then (maybe) you might not find yourself the fortunate winner of a darwin award.
    the R key and the F key are right next to each other, i meant OR... guess you didn't take that into consideration... nor did you offer any explanation. if this were a horror movie and you were black, you'd be dead by now.

The band has made no statement? That is just such a stupid statement. Good lord.

you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.
    You give Rage fans such a good name. Really.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Talking Re: Rage haters?

Honestly, I don't think Rage is getting back together for a "FREE NON-CAPITALIST" show at Coachella...could someone at Goldenvoice please confirm that they actually are paying RATM? (I have a feeling they are).

Best post ever... You are my hero!! hahahaha

TIME TO ROCK YOUR FACE OFF!

Quote Originally Posted by RaiseYourFist View Post
    Best post ever... You are my hero!! hahahaha
    Best bump ever!
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

So did the Pixies. They bluntly said so. So do %99 of other bands. What's your point? It's going to be amazing either way.

I believe it was the other members that first sold out into a band called audio slave... *good, but not rage good* To make that extra dollar! So what if zach is making a couple of extra bucks, who gives fuck. We will start giving a fuck when there music sells out into mainsteam pop punk music that the bands of today play.

Quote Originally Posted by PatMcCrouch View Post
    I believe it was the other members that first sold out into a band called audio slave... *good, but not rage good* To make that extra dollar! So what if zach is making a couple of extra bucks, who gives fuck. We will start giving a fuck when there music sells out into mainsteam pop punk music that the bands of today play.
    I don't think they "sold out", they like to play music, just becasue they make money doesn't make them sell-outs!! UUUHHHHH, are they supposed to stop doing what they love?? Rage didn't work out, who says they can't go on to other things? If you were great at something would you just stop because you hit a bump in the road? Well they didn't, and I respect them for that.

Needs more options. Like Rage but not that excited due to the Tool of '07 effect.

I do enjoy the fact that RATM have more political lyrics than the normal band... but can anyone say rap rock? I am sorry, i am not trying to directly offend you, and i am NOT emo, but i am dissapointed that the band will probably attract rude mosh pit dudes that will damper the calm laid back atmosphere. But i guess i can just watch another band during their set to avoid that!

Thats right, it definately will hamper the whatever the hell you wanna call it atmosphere you think is going to be there. Go away and sit down calmly to a nice Willie Nelson show. Maybe if you're lucky he'll throw out free geriatric slippers and you can all discuss social policy in your hotel rooms afterwards comfortably with a nice cup of orange pekoe. Christ grow a backbone, get out there and rock. Oh wait, you might break it. Screw having fun, let's just avoid breaking a sweat because you don't want to offend people.

I know I'll still be rocking out to RATM looking like a goofball when I'm pushing 60.

Thats right, it definately will hamper the whatever the hell you wanna call it atmosphere you think is going to be there. Go away and sit down calmly to a nice Willie Nelson show. Maybe if you're lucky he'll throw out free geriatric slippers and you can all discuss social policy in your hotel rooms afterwards comfortably with a nice cup of orange pekoe. Christ grow a backbone, get out there and rock. Oh wait, you might break it. Screw having fun, let's just avoid breaking a sweat because you don't want to offend people.

I know I'll still be rocking out to RATM looking like a goofball when I'm pushing 60.
    whatever, bra...willie nelson's more punk than ratm. you don't deserve to wipe the sweat off his balls.

Go away and sit down calmly to a nice Willie Nelson show.
    Willie is far more radical than Rage could ever be in their wildest dreams, rage just don't have the balls to be as radical and rebellious as Willie Nelson.

Rage sang about raging against the machine, but Willie lived it. If you ignorant kids only knew what the hell you were talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by dbdbdb View Post
    Willie is far more radical than Rage could ever be in their wildest dreams, rage just don't have the balls to be as radical and rebellious as Willie Nelson.

Rage sang about raging against the machine, but Willie lived it. If you ignorant kids only knew what the hell you were talking about...
    i read what he said about Willie so long ago I forgot about it. Thanks for bringing up that point.

Willie's been doing Farm Aid every year since it started. That's more than rage has done.

I will say this however. I think Tom Morello is the real political brain in rage. Zach just always seemed angry to me and Tom seemed to be the rational one.

Wow I can not believe what a retard you are. You are the reason people do not want Rage there.

Simple as this. Am I excited to see Rage? Oh hellz yes. But I just don't want people getting violent or getting hurt. I find Coachella very peaceful, and the last thing I want it to do is turn into chaos.