View Poll Results: Are you a rage fan?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... BULLS ON PARAAADE!!!

318 82.81%
  • Maybe, too young to know them back then.

11 2.86%
  • No rage is teh suck Im gonna go cry about my parents and paint my eyes the color 'tragic'

55 14.32%
Page 1 of 18 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage haters?

Default Rage haters?

I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays.

Rage Against the Machine raised me. Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever. This band single handedly inspired me to critically think for myself. Talk about year of tha boomerang. It's time to rock. The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.

I just hope it doesn't sell out on day 1.

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something. Oh man that's just too much to comprehend at this point.

Default Re: Rage haters?

I already know some kids who are going to cry Moz style when Rage hits the stage..

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something..
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonhill604 View Post
    I vow to beat up emo kids who boo and/or gesture negatively and/or slash their wrists when ratm plays.

Rage Against the Machine raised me. Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever. This band single handedly inspired me to critically think for myself. Talk about year of tha boomerang. It's time to rock. The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.

I just hope it doesn't sell out on day 1.

The only thing that could top this is Noam Chomsky on cow-bell, followed with a talk right after the show or something. Oh man that's just too much to comprehend at this point.
    Well I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    Well I hope you are happy to know they are reuniting for the almighty US Dollar. Zach needs a new BMW.
    I thought it just needed a wash?

Needs more options. Like Rage but not that excited due to the Tool of '07 effect.

fuck you sighlent, fuck you right in the goat ass.

even if they turned into complete capitalist pigs, which i am entirely convinced is not the case; they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps millions of people, even in the event that what you say is true, which i will swear on my arms and legs isn't - they would still have a net positive influence on popular struggle all over the planet, and not by just a few letters to the editor here and there, but by a large margin. you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.

Quote Originally Posted by NoneForMeThanks View Post
    I thought it just needed a wash?
    Well when you live in America and you get offered 1.5M to play a concert with band members you refused to play with before... you don't wash your Beemers, you buy new ones.

fuck you sighlent, fuck you right in the goat ass.

even if they turned into complete capitalist pigs, which i am entirely convinced is not the case; they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps millions of people, even in the event that what you say is true, which i will swear on my arms and legs isn't - they would still have a net positive influence on popular struggle all over the planet, and not by just a few letters to the editor here and there, but by a large margin. you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.
    I can see the positive results listening to Rage has had on you...

how are you convinced it is not the case, the band has made no statement, better get used to being called Bob when you're swimming if you're betting your arms and legs.

how is playing to at MOST 60,000? (full occupancy at coachella) of mildly to very affluent individuals going to have a positive influence on popular struggle (wtf is that, what kind of struggle is popular) of the planet...

why am i a biggot of a psychopath?

I do enjoy the fact that RATM have more political lyrics than the normal band... but can anyone say rap rock? I am sorry, i am not trying to directly offend you, and i am NOT emo, but i am dissapointed that the band will probably attract rude mosh pit dudes that will damper the calm laid back atmosphere. But i guess i can just watch another band during their set to avoid that!

Thats right, it definately will hamper the whatever the hell you wanna call it atmosphere you think is going to be there. Go away and sit down calmly to a nice Willie Nelson show. Maybe if you're lucky he'll throw out free geriatric slippers and you can all discuss social policy in your hotel rooms afterwards comfortably with a nice cup of orange pekoe. Christ grow a backbone, get out there and rock. Oh wait, you might break it. Screw having fun, let's just avoid breaking a sweat because you don't want to offend people.

I know I'll still be rocking out to RATM looking like a goofball when I'm pushing 60.

Simple as this. Am I excited to see Rage? Oh hellz yes. But I just don't want people getting violent or getting hurt. I find Coachella very peaceful, and the last thing I want it to do is turn into chaos.

yeah, dude, but threatening to beat on people is exactly what makes me afraid of the crowd RATM will draw. can you enjoy the show while leaving me the fuck alone?

Exactly.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I would just like to say to those of you who hate Tool fans and hate Madonna fans, as much as I love Rage I have seen them twice and their fans are fucking moshing ragine lunatics. I saw them at the Tibetin Freedom concert and wondered what in the world the Dahli Llama would think of the bruising and slam dancing and near riot conditions that went on.

I'll be watching from the back.

The first ever Coachella headlined RATM, I hope people haven't forgotten what it is like to have their faces rocked off.

BoyAlien, you a fuckin pussy!!! I'm going to start a hurricane mosh pit and smash your fuckin hipster glasses and your fuckin fanny pack, you chump!!!

you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.
    You give Rage fans such a good name. Really.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

You can't handle thousands of people freaking out satisfying an itch that's been in the back of their throat for 7 years unless you are one of them. If you don't want to deal with raging ragers raging about rage during a rage show, don't go to the rage show. I want to break my fucking neck and back at this concert, so please don't show up.

Obviously I'm being entirely serious when I say I'm going to beat people up at a music show. Also wishing someone to get hit by a bus is totally in the realm of absolutely normality. Christ, get bent you fucking trolls.
    Last edited by jonhill604; 01-22-2007 at 07:00 PM.

i imagine with RATM headlining the third and final night people will be all too nice, tired/exhausted to do *that* much moshing (the folks we have to worry about are the people coming ONLY for that night, for that band ...

and yes, i'm a RATM fan. caught 'em in '99 at coachella and never thought i'd see the day they'd reunite... can i hope for a maynard guest appearance again? that would be fan-ta-stic.
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

great way to avoid my questions johnill604

jesus christ you people are the scum of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    I can see the positive results listening to Rage has had on you...

how are you convinced it is not the case, the band has made no statement, better get used to being called Bob when you're swimming if you're betting your arms and legs.

how is playing to at MOST 60,000? (full occupancy at coachella) of mildly to very affluent individuals going to have a positive influence on popular struggle (wtf is that, what kind of struggle is popular) of the planet...

why am i a biggot of a psychopath?
    In response to your mendacity of a post;
    The bands entire existence is enough of a statement for me to be convinced that they are genuine. I can't believe you would even imply that they sold out. My point is that your supposed mildly to very affluent individuals are going to be dwarfed by the amount of RATM fans who will show up from all over the world almost exclusively for RATM.

Nobody called you a biggot of a psychopath
    I called you a psychopathic biggot.

Take elementary courses in reading comprehension, and then (maybe) you might not find yourself the fortunate winner of a darwin award.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Once again the annual token angry band's fans choose to caricature themselves. This is the best part of the coachella message board.

Cool Re: Rage haters?

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I would just like to say to those of you who hate Tool fans and hate Madonna fans, as much as I love Rage I have seen them twice and their fans are fucking moshing ragine lunatics. I saw them at the Tibetin Freedom concert and wondered what in the world the Dahli Llama would think of the bruising and slam dancing and near riot conditions that went on.

I'll be watching from the back.
    damn, I'm sorry you're so put off by people getting down in a different way than you do... i'd hate to think of what it's like to live your life so afraid of getting bruises that you miss out on rowdy rock-outs

I'm a big RATM fan, have been since I was a little kid. I'll dance my ass off for sure, but I also know how to show people around me proper respect. Here's to hoping assholes like these don't ruin the show.

hey guys just realize on that April Sunday night you'll be leaving Coachella thinking "oh my god Rage just rocked the shit out of me."
    ~EJR~

In response to your mendacity of a post;
    The bands entire existence is enough of a statement for me to be convinced that they are genuine. I can't believe you would even imply that they sold out. My point is that your supposed mildly to very affluent individuals are going to be dwarfed by the amount of RATM fans who will show up from all over the world almost exclusively for RATM.

Nobody called you a biggot of a psychopath
    I called you a psychopathic biggot.

Take elementary courses in reading comprehension, and then (maybe) you might not find yourself the fortunate winner of a darwin award.
    the R key and the F key are right next to each other, i meant OR... guess you didn't take that into consideration... nor did you offer any explanation. if this were a horror movie and you were black, you'd be dead by now.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    jesus christ you people are the scum of the earth.
    I'm glad you think that way, please don't show up and save space for the thousands of devote RATM fans that will take your seat happily.

I don't think that will be a problem. There's another stage and three tents where people usually go when the artist on the main stage is crap. Why stand around whining when there's so much else going on? Have you ever been to Coachella before?

Their lyrical content, flow, straight hard rock and roll, and unique guitar and style will live on forever as perhaps the most politically motivating band ever.
    You're joking, right?

The world is coming to this show just for ratm. This place is going to be the biggest coachella ever, hands down and the driving force for it is the reunion of ratm.
    There's no way that RATM is going to be bigger than Radiohead in '04. I don't even really like Radiohead, but their fanbase is just much, much bigger.

they still have inspired the minds, hearts, and souls of perhaps dozens of people,
    Fixed.

you're an ignorant mindless biggot, and a fucking psychopath, i hope you get hit by a bus.
    So, about those critical thinking skills you mentioned earlier....

Thats right, it definately will hamper the whatever the hell you wanna call it atmosphere you think is going to be there.
    Again, have you ever been to Coachella? The crowd is pretty mellow overall, and we like it that way.

Christ grow a backbone, get out there and rock.
    Christ, grow a booty! Get out there and dance!

Screw having fun, let's just avoid breaking a sweat because you don't want to offend people.
    I know this might come as a shock to you, but many of us have found that we enjoy different things, things which may not seem fun to you.

Personally, I have a lot of fun listening to really innovative music with a knowledgeable and friendly crowd. I also have a lot of fun shaking my ass to really energetic dance music. Since RATM isn't especially interesting musically, and they don't make me want to shake my ass, I can't say I would have much fun at one of their shows.

And, really, frankly, I've got nothing to prove to you or anyone else about how hard I party or how badass I am.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    yeah, dude, but threatening to beat on people is exactly what makes me afraid of the crowd RATM will draw. can you enjoy the show while leaving me the fuck alone?
    QFT.

The first ever Coachella headlined RATM, I hope people haven't forgotten what it is like to have their faces rocked off.
    Dude, are you a sock? Is this Jack Black posting under an assumed name?

You know Tenacious D is a parody, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveAssTurkey View Post
    BoyAlien, you a fuckin pussy!!! I'm going to start a hurricane mosh pit and smash your fuckin hipster glasses and your fuckin fanny pack, you chump!!!
    Oooh, you're so tough, you can mosh! Your penis must be so very big! How do you even walk?

If you don't want to deal with raging ragers raging about rage during a rage show, don't go to the rage show.
    We're not going to "the Rage show." We're going to Coachella, and we're sort of unhappy that Coachella is being invaded by people coming to go to "the Rage show."

Who are you to tell us not to show up at an event we've been supporting for years, and which we will be continuing to support next year when the RATM fans have returned to whacking off and doing bong hits in their parents' basement, bitching about how the Man is holding them down? You are coming to our event. It behooves you not to be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by laineinla View Post
    i imagine with RATM headlining the third and final night people will be all too nice, tired/exhausted to do *that* much moshing (the folks we have to worry about are the people coming ONLY for that night, for that band ...
    There are going to be four other stages going on simultaneously. I think it's safe to assume that the meatheads will be concentrated by the main stage. I just worry that during the rest of the day they'll be making nuisances of themselves while waiting impatiently to have their faces rocked off.