Thread: StubHub Replacements?

Default StubHub Replacements?

Has anyone else been called by stubhub replacement team letting you know that the original seller was unable to provide the wristbands they'd sold?

I've been cherry picking a few stubhub sales at the low points and out of 6 tickets I've bought for friends, two are now being filled by the replacement team.

Just curious how prevalent this is. If people really shorted this festival hard there are going to be some sad people come next week.

Default Re: StubHub Replacements?

You shouldn't have to be worried cause if the original seller can't deliver on their order there's tons of passes available that stubhub can use as replacements and then charge the original sellers cc.

ordered mine off of stubhub last week and they are in transit...any of your friends get theirs yet? did it come with original packaging?
    Originally Posted by Wonderbot:

What if a polar bear rides a unicycle into my tent and then my friends decide to become racoons with gambling problems while asking people for a smoke?

What then?

I bought a pair off stubhub and it came with most of the stuff (minus the calendar and the sticker)

Bought a Car Camping pass on Stubhub and received it today. Seems like Stubhub is the best way to buy this stuff to avoid fraud/scams/fake passes.

yea. hopefully they arent the fucking deactivated "extras". i'll be furious.
    Originally Posted by Wonderbot:

What if a polar bear rides a unicycle into my tent and then my friends decide to become racoons with gambling problems while asking people for a smoke?

What then?

old school

Quote Originally Posted by sonabun View Post
    You shouldn't have to be worried cause if the original seller can't deliver on their order there's tons of passes available that stubhub can use as replacements and then charge the original sellers cc.
    I don't think this is correct. If you receive the passes and they're found to be fraudulent or fake then they will replace them at the sellers cost. I don't think its in the case that the seller can't place the order. Tickets are lost & stolen all the time. They can't legally do that to the seller in this situation. I bought passes last year that were etickets turned out they were fakes. Those were replaced at the sellers cost.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

I am a Laker season ticket holder and sell my extras on stubhub. I gotta say it is the best place to buy and sell. Its even better for buyers. You are protected to the fullest. One time I sold some tickets and fedex didn't deliver in time for the game. Stubhub replaced the buyer with comparable tickets and tried to make me pay. If it was my fault I would have been legally liable. But because I argued with them for an hour and it was Fedex's fault they reimbursed me. So both the buyer and I were covered.

Even with stubhub you might have to be on the phone for a while if something goes wrong. But well worth it. They always come through for buyers. I buy most of my sports tickets here.

Stubhub doesn't send the seller money until 7 days after the buyer received the tickets. So all the sellers that didn't come through are fucked. Unless they cancel their credit cards they have on file. And if that happens, stubhub pays for the replacement.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

How does it know the buyer actually received the tickets? Never dabbled in Stubhub
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

If they don't get a complaint from the buyer I guess or maybe fedex, ups or which ever company is delivering the tickets confirms its been delivered and notifies stubhub. Not entirely sure. Anyways I received my wristband from stubhub on tuesday. No package just the wristband.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    How does it know the buyer actually received the tickets? Never dabbled in Stubhub
    The only way you can ship on Stubhub is via fedex. And they provide a shipping label for every order. So their system is integrated with fedex and knows when a certain order has been delivered.

Does anyone know where StubHub gets their replacements from?

I have to imagine that they also buy theirs from the secondary market?
    If so how do they verify that those aren't deactivated?
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

I sold tickets to a guy in Northridge over Stubhub once at the last moment. I live in Granada Hills, and they stil had to go Fedex for me to get credit... so they flew them to Memphis or Nashville or wherever and back, when I could have knocked on his door and handed them to the guy.

It's a pretty solid system, I think. Expensive, though. They take 20% from the seller and there's like a $15 service charge to the buyer, so they're winning on both ends. Charlie Sheen would be proud. Much easier to post on the Coachella board with folks who trust you.

stubhub is expensive for the seller...then again ebay keeps raising their fucking fees.

As a buyer I would ONLY go through ebay or stubhub.

We went to the Super Bowl in Tampa and got our tickets on Stub hub. There wasn't a single problem. They guarantee the tickets for any and all events. They have their shit together.

you may run into some issue with an ebay transaction, but if someone has over 100 transactions with 100% feedback....you can't ask for much more than that...they are more than likely not going to screw you over.

I look at it like this...

stubhub = 100% you will get your ticket and get in

ebay (with 100% seller) = 98% you will get your ticket

Craigslist = 50% you get an actual usable wristband....probably more like 40%
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

What if they can't replace them? For example say if I bought tickets and fly all the way from new York planning on camping only to find the wristband is fraudulent or deactivated.... I know they would probally reimburse, but what do they do if you're now stuck in Cali with no where to go?
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

The prices were much higher on StubHub. $50-$100 more that why I got my extra tickets on eBay.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by Fidoosh View Post
    What if they can't replace them? For example say if I bought tickets and fly all the way from new York planning on camping only to find the wristband is fraudulent or deactivated.... I know they would probally reimburse, but what do they do if you're now stuck in Cali with no where to go?
    To be quite honest that is nobodys responsibility but the one who made the trip.

They'll pay whatever they have to pay to get you a ticket and then charge the seller.

That won't happen. They will replace them. No matter what the cost is. If they don't they will refund you and give you more for your troubles. Trust me the chances of that happening are 1 in a million.

Stubhub Buys the repacements from their own marketplace. They buy them from another seller that posted tickets on stubhub.

Also, Stubhub offers last minute services. Last minute services include being able to pick up the tickets till game or show time near the venue. Fedex has offices in most major cities. If it is a big event where the volume of sales was high they set up a tent at that venue. For coachella that will be the case. Im sure they will have a tent at the venue or rent space near the venue for buyers to pick up wristbands last minute.

The longer they can keep wristbands for sale on stubhub the more money they will generate. So it makes sense that they will set up last minute services for coachella. And considering a bunch of idiots sold extra wristbands that were deactivated they will absolutely need to be there.

Ogdelata, where are (section) your Laker tix?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.