Thread: Just want to see who else is in my boat (Band Merch)

Default Just want to see who else is in my boat (Band Merch)

I know there are other posts with people concerned about the general issue of delayed tickets. Just wanted to know who else is specifically in my situation...

So you buy your tickets on layaway because it was the only way to guarantee a ticket, so you wouldn't be screwed like last year.

You get a UPS notification a week ago (although you specifically requested Fedex, but whatever.)

Nothing updates in your UPS tracking beyond information received.

You get nervous.

You call Golden Voice.
    Deal with busy signals and holding they have you call Front Gate.
    Deal with busy signals and holding, they direct you to BandMerch.
    Deal with busy signals and holding, until finally you speak to a real, live person who tells you they see your shipping info, and it'll definitely send in a day.

Great.

You call back two days later, deal with busy signal and holding, and the customer service rep says the exact same thing.

You question the validity of that statement and she backpedals and says she didn't say 24 hours she said 2-3 days, and then another day to actually ship.

You question whether you'll actually get the tickets in time for the show. The customer service rep doesn't appreciate your insinuation. She ends the conversation and now you're sitting here wondering if the darn thing will come?

Cause that's the boat I'm in...anyone else on the S.S. Stressed?

I really don't like that after doing the show for over a decade they run into new problems with new technologies and new vendors every single year. Sigh.

EDIT: 36 Hours Later UPS Updated, Package is en route.
    Last edited by theak; 04-06-2011 at 10:05 AM.

Default Re: Just want to see who else is in my boat (Band Merch)

Raving,

Thanks, I've already read through all 61 pages and there are lot of people in different situations of the delayed process in there. Some even in somewhat similar situations as myself, but it sounds like the majority have gotten some resolution. Unfortunately I haven't.

Not looking for special acknowledgement or anything - I doubt I'm alone. I wanted to reach out to other people in my sitch - I mean - less than 10 days away, and they're telling me to wait up to 4 more.
    Last edited by theak; 04-05-2011 at 11:03 AM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

If you read all 61 pages you would see that there are plenty of people in the same "sitch". This is you looking for special acknowledgement.

There seem to be some new people coming on here for the first time trying to figure out what's going on. Show a little mercy?

Thanks Stick - a little compassion is what I was looking for.

And if anyone really wants a reason I was so motivated to sign up and post is that there really is no FAQ on what to do in this situation, there's no sympathetic customer service rep to reach to discuss layaway ticket delays, so at the very least it'd be nice to commiserate.

And while those other posts are immensely helpful (sorry if I came across as unappreciative), they're not exactly ideal in seeing resolution to different problems (some people are layaway, some are direct tickets, some complained but have got their tickets, some have not and are contacting the wrong people). It's not very clear what to do.

If you have something helpful or similar story to relay - i'd appreciate it. Even a sympathetic "sucks" would make this whole thing a little more tolerable.
    Last edited by theak; 04-06-2011 at 10:04 AM.

I think the number of issues this year has just overwhelmed the system that was in place. It's very difficult to get through to Band Merch on the phone or get a meaningful response from intellitix. It's more complicated than ever this year. The plan seems to be to send everyone with an issue to will call and try to sort it out there.

Here is the FAQ:
    Stop wasting your time dealing with busy signals and holding for Golden Voice.
    Stop wasting your time dealing with busy signals and holding for BandMerch.
    Stop wasting your time dealing with busy signals and holding for Front Gate.
    Stop wasting the time of real, live people
    Don’t call back two days later. Stop questioning things.
    Relax

You will get your pass(es) or they will be at Will-Call. With the extended hours, and most people not having to use it, Will-Call isn’t that bad of an option.

The most exciting time of the year is next week and there is so much to get yourself pumped up for. Why not participate in other parts of the forum? So far, your interest in this festival is shown to be 100% whether you get your ticket or not. Why not get involved elsewhere in the forums, on fun things to take your mind off this.

And you are not alone. There are lots of us in your situation. I called BandMerch one time, today and got an answer and I will trust that answer. In the meantime, I’m not going to sit around and dwell on the issue until I have a wristband in hand. Clearly, some people don’t know how to relax and have also been spending 100% of their time in the ‘Passes Came’ thread or in threads similar to this.

It’s all going to be OK. Know that, and start thinking about all the good things that that are coming your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Im triping i havent got a email or the goods, ive called and got the run around 3 times in witch the first time they dident even see my order...

PDW, I appreciate the calm and reasoned thinking. I just get nervous.

Neis, Did you layaway or order direct?

I'm sure I can research this, but if it does comes to will call (for those that have requested it) is it possible to leave the tickets under someone else's name or do I have to be the one?

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    The most exciting time of the year is next week and there is so much to get yourself pumped up for. Why not participate in other parts of the forum? So far, your interest in this festival is shown to be 100% whether you get your ticket or not. Why not get involved elsewhere in the forums, on fun things to take your mind off this.
    With the way people act on the message board why would someone want to participate in other parts, when all of our interest is getting a ticket.

theak it sucks you are not getting reliable information, but rest assured the powers that be are not purposefully trying to screw you.

Layaway.

When you called, they couldn't even find you in their system? Did they get it resolved? When they gave you the run around what did they say exactly?

See i got one thru ticketmaster and got that days ago, three thru layaway and when i called them the first time they said, we already sent your order and i was like 'hell no you dident' he looked it up again and said its still in the werehouse should be there in 2 to 3 days... 2 to 3 days later called, they said 2 to 3 days... called this morning left the message and still waiting for the call back. Lets see what they say this time.

Not that I question their business ethics, but I don't think they're going to call you back. The sense I get (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) is that the customer service reps at this point are just saying whatever they can to get you off the phone. They certainly have names and addresses but can't confidently say they'll know when things get out.

I wonder what process they went through to get the original shipments out to begin with? Random? Alphabetical? (My last name is a K) I doubt it was regional, the customer service number is in Burbank - about 20 minutes from where I live, then again maybe they're shipping from somewhere else.

Sorry man - if I hear anything I'll PM you.

neis, you shouldn't stress out either. Here's what we know.
    • They printed a bunch of shipping labels last week
    • Bandmerch doesn't have a comprehensive tracking system, so no use continually distracting their resources from other logistics
    • These wristbands WILL get in your hands
    Do you really want to see the sausage being made or do you just want to see the final product?
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I wish i could calm down, i leave in 7 days. I just want them in my hands soon.

So it's common then for those who have purchased on layaway to not even receive an email saying the tickets have been printed or are in transit? That's where I'm at, but I'm not too worried because I have a receipt and I know will call will be a viable option especially on Thursday.

Degausser- If I was in your shoes I'd at least want some confirmation that they have your name in the system. If you haven't already, try calling BandMerch to at least confirm that (818-882-3816).

Quote Originally Posted by theak View Post
    If you find this post offensive - I can delete
    I find this post offensive.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Hopefully all of you have had your wristband issues sorted out. For anyone that has been instructed to pick yours up at Will Call, here's information on how to get there (it is offsite):

http://www.coachella.com/tickets/boxoffice

If you have any further questions, you can email coachellashipping@bandmerch.com or call Selena at 818.882.3816.

Thanks.

Thank you 'merchgirl'. If in fact you are Selena, I spoke to you and you were very helpful. I know you all worked very hard through your giant pipeline of packages, and answering the phones and emails must have seemed like groundhog day to you with the same questions over and over again, and likely the same answers.

I probably don’t need to say this, but next year, please focus on up-front communication . Even if operations are running late, it would relax a lot of eager recipients if you put out a general email, facebook, twitter, or even were an active participant on here, setting (and resetting) expectations.

Ha - I am not Selena, but I work with her and the other customer service team members. Appreciate your feedback and have noted it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by merchgirl View Post
    Ha - I am not Selena, but I work with her and the other customer service team members. Appreciate your feedback and have noted it. Thanks.
    If you should need any assistance next year, PlayaDeWes is exceptional with pie-charts, graphs, and generalized layouts. I'd highly recommend him for his organizational skills and pre-planning abilities!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.