Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 18+ and 21+ Shows

Default Re: 18+ and 21+ Shows

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I mean, imagine if you could have a music festival without all the candy ravers, it'd be heaven.
    Can't argue with you there

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    OP, you could always just get a fake ID.
    I wouldn't try a fake ID in San Diego. My experience of that venue is that they are well trained to spot fakes-last time there was actually two cops observing.
    It really ain't worth a fine up to $2,000 and/or community service, suspension of driving license etc. The minimum fine is $250 or not less than 24 hours community service.

The full code is below:

25661. (a) Any person under the age of 21 years who presents or offers to any licensee, his or her agent or employee, any written, printed, or photostatic evidence of age and identity which is false, fraudulent or not actually his or her own for the purpose of ordering, purchasing, attempting to purchase or otherwise procuring or attempting to procure, the serving of any alcoholic beverage, or who has in his or her possession any false or fraudulent written, printed, or photostatic evidence of age and identity, is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of at least two hundred fifty dollars ($250), no part of which shall be suspended; or the person shall be required to perform not less than 24 hours nor more than 32 hours of community service during hours when the person is not employed and is not attending school, or a combination of fine and community service as determined by the court. A second or subsequent violation of this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or the person shall be required to perform not less than 36 hours or more than 48 hours of community service during hours when the person is not employed or is not attending school, or a combination of fine and community service, as the court deems just. It is the intent of the Legislature that the community service requirements prescribed in this section require service at an alcohol or drug treatment program or facility or at a county coroner's office, if available, in the area where the violation occurred or where the person resides.

(b) The penalties imposed by this section do not preclude prosecution or the imposition of penalties under any other provision of law, including, but not limited to, Section 13202.5 of the Vehicle Code.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Yeah, I agree with that completely. And sometimes guys take girls on dates to electronic shows and they stand there on the dance floor with their big ass purses not moving. I wish more girls and women attended live concerts (and did it respectively) because I feel like we are usually completely unrepresented.

I find girls/women who are at concerts for the music are the best fans and have the most fun by far.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

Quite a few all ages shows in the Twin Cities. Lots of "local" bands big enough to play multiple shows (Atmosphere, Cloud Cult, GAYNGS, etc.) will have one AA show and one +18 or +21 show. It works nicely for everyone. First Avenue will also book AA shows specifically targeting an underage audience - this one for example.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    So you would like to increase the likelihood of younger kids drinking and driving then?

I snuck into all the 18+ and 21+ shows back when I was younger. You do not have that kind of luxury anymore. Deal with it.
    How did you sneak in and why do you say kids don't have that kind of luxury now? I wanted to sneak into the Elephant 6 show at the Satellite so badly but I knew it probably wouldn't work out.

7/24 - Stevie Wonder @ Hollywood Bowl
    8/6 - HARD - LA State Historic Park
    9/3 - FYF @ LA State Historic Park

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i used to walk right in. sometimes i'd show up with a big group of people who were older than me. i'd walk in last, show them my ID (which clearly indicated my underageness) and just smiled. they'd usually just look at me and tell me not to get into trouble. and i wouldn't. i would never approach the bar, even for water. and for the most part didn't drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.