View Poll Results: Coachella 2011 Passes Distribution System Satisfaction Survey

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have not received tickets but have received an email from UPS and are in no danger of missing the package with plenty of time to travel.

18 11.84%
  • Have not received tickets and have not received email and have done nothing about it except bitch in the "Passes Came!" thread.

7 4.61%
  • Have not received tickets or an email, cleared the air with the ticket folk and feel better about my situation.

4 2.63%
  • Will likely miss receiving your package before it's time to travel, but understand that you can clear the mess up at Will Call (located outside the 1 mile no-wristband radius) and realize your problem is solved.

3 1.97%
  • Chose to hyperventilate about tickets with no cause and used a few other peoples' misfortunes to bitch about a system that will likely work just fine and in a timely fashion for you.

1 0.66%
  • Legitimately tried your hardest to contact GV, Shipping, etc. and got a figurative middle finger only to realize you can likely clear this up at Will Call, located outside the 1-mile no-wristband radius.

10 6.58%
  • You're still going to Coachella and you have everything you need but you want to be a tasty asshole about it and whine.

2 1.32%
  • Received your tickets on time or at least somewhat to your liking & are enjoying the crying.

107 70.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella 2011 Passes Distribution System Satisfaction Survey

Default Re: Coachella 2011 Passes Distribution System Satisfaction Survey

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    My point is the bitching is frivolous.
    But it's fun

I'm not trying to convince anybody actually affected by these issues that their concerns aren't valid. I'm trying to convince them to stop pretending like there should be mass hysteria and all is lost because of it.

So what's the contrary for those of you upset at me in this thread? Are you trying to convince me you have problems with ticketing? Because I clearly get that. Are you trying to convince me that you have a right to bitch? I'm all for freedom of speech. Are you trying to convince me that you get to pretend like this is a fiasco of unimaginable proportions and needs lengthy discussions because you're part of an unfortunate group that worked over? That's where I take issue. People aren't actually laughing or yelling about yours and other people's problems, we're laughing or crying about your incessant bitching on a message board that can't do anything for you.

I can't emphasize how bad I actually feel for people who paid for things they didn't receive but I'm not arguing that you're feelings are unjust. The manner in which everybody's reacting to this is what has got me.

I've made my point. I'm done. Holocoachella 2011. Never forget.
    Last edited by weeklymix; 04-05-2011 at 02:50 PM.

Actually the plan was to overnight the passes to them after I received them. I know, silly.

I'm trying to balance how early to queue up at will call versus entering the festival versus meeting someone outside the festival. I don't think that's dumb. It's sounding like the best option is to hit will call, hope I get my stuff, enter the festival, and later walk out past the traffic restricted zone to meet the buyers. I may have to do that twice depending on their schedules.

I think opening will call on Wed will help and makes me feel better about arriving later in the day on Thursday. I still have no idea where one order is because intellitix has not gotten back to me. They are "researching" which I think is code for go away we're overwhelmed and gave up. Theoretically I can get everything at will call no matter what, but I'm basing that on remarks other people have posted and not any official word from anyone.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Your thread is ironic.

and seriously - I've seen more hysteria on this board around headliner rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Your thread is ironic.
    Really. You think?

Can you, like redo this poll, say, the day after tomorrow when all those bandmerch folks have passes in hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Can you, like redo this poll, say, the day after tomorrow when all those bandmerch folks have passes in hand?
    It'll probably be even more negative. Passes were supposed to ship out three weeks before the festival. Not one. I'm glad things are being resolved, but the way things were handled were sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

I'd like to know what went wrong in the first place and what steps is GV taking to keep the same thing from happening next year?

Why does everyone care WHAT went 'wrong'?

If they told you the delay was because wristbands took longer for the manufacturer to produce and they had to deliver them in batches instead of at the committed date, would you be happy? Or what if BandMerch had personnel issues, what would you say to that? Or what if it was because of civil unrest in Africa, then what?

So what if you got your sausage appetizer at the same time as your entre. Do you really want to know that it was because the latest shipment of pig scraps was heavy on digestive organs so they had to run next door to buy some lamb liver and goat balls to even it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

UPS has a hard time delivering to cardboard boxes under highway overpasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Why does everyone care WHAT went 'wrong'?
    Why do you ask stupid fucking questions?
    Why do you even concern yourself with what anyone or everyone else cares about?

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Definitely NOT everyone. The minority. We've been over this. Keep up.

I'm satisfied with Goldenvoice and the 3rd party seller I used(ebay). No complaints here. Keep cryin' kids. I've received my tickets from both parties already.

well, last week:

"Have not received tickets but have received an email from UPS and are in no danger of missing the package with plenty of time to travel. "

this week:

"Will likely miss receiving your package before it's time to travel, but understand that you can clear the mess up at Will Call (located outside the 1 mile no-wristband radius) and realize your problem is solved."
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyRagdoll View Post
    It'll probably be even more negative. Passes were supposed to ship out three weeks before the festival. Not one. I'm glad things are being resolved, but the way things were handled were sloppy.
    "2-3 weeks", and mine is gonna land two days before the fest, and many hours after my flight leaves for Cali.

Thank god for the kick ass lineup! :-)

of course, if I have any trouble at will call, I'm gonna burn the place down
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

Quote Originally Posted by prettydirtything View Post
    "2-3 weeks", and mine is gonna land two days before the fest, and many hours after my flight leaves for Cali.

Thank god for the kick ass lineup! :-)

of course, if I have any trouble at will call, I'm gonna burn the place down
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    I find this post extremely ironic.

My question, as I've brought up in another thread, is where is the compensation? GV has made ZERO attempt to contact people concerning problems that have arisen due to their shitty system and terrible job of distribution. I think those people that have been forced to go to will call, UNNECESSARILY, should be at a minimum refunded their convenience fees and shipping fees. If GV stands by their reputation as caring about their fans, this is the least they should do. What GV really should do is bump up to VIP or some other such gesture to those who really, through no fault of their own, got fucked by their mismanagement. If this was the apprentice, everyone on GV and BM would be fired. Terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    My question, as I've brought up in another thread, is where is the compensation? GV has made ZERO attempt to contact people concerning problems that have arisen due to their shitty system and terrible job of distribution. I think those people that have been forced to go to will call, UNNECESSARILY, should be at a minimum refunded their convenience fees and shipping fees. If GV stands by their reputation as caring about their fans, this is the least they should do. What GV really should do is bump up to VIP or some other such gesture to those who really, through no fault of their own, got fucked by their mismanagement. If this was the apprentice, everyone on GV and BM would be fired. Terrible.
    IMPORTANT QUESTION: Do you still watch The Apprentice?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Ha I just was flipping through channels and I saw it on with Gary Busey. Hilarious. Thought I'd drop the reference.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I find this post extremely ironic.
    Ya think algunz?

Looking back, perhaps my reply should have been something along the lines of, " Spending close to $700.00 entitles me to be concerned with what went wrong".