Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audioslave

Default Re: Audioslave

Quote Originally Posted by joebizz View Post
    Chris Cornell sang a RATM song? That's just blasphemy! I can't believe the rest of the band actually thought that was O.K. I f-ing hate Audioslave.

Man I don't care who you are or what you like, Chris Cornell has probably the most unbelievable voice in Rock today. Even if you hate Audioslave, the man is a legend, just like the other members of the band. Considering that Zach doesn't really sing (not knocking it, just saying its not singing) yeah I'll admit that it did sound different. They also played Killing in the Name and maybe even one more but I was pretty hammered so i forget. They also play Outshined and Spoonman which always sounds good cause on Spoonman the band sounds nasty with the bass and Tom's solo

I read the day the line up was released that this show is a trial to see how they can hang...if all good they'll be headlining 1 of a few euro festivals...Reading being on of them...

Audioslave, I really enjoyed...saw them play 4 times and the last 2 shows to hear Soundgarden & Rage music was epic...I can only imagine how crazy nutz the crowd is gonna go when Rage hits it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    I read the day the line up was released that this show is a trial to see how they can hang...if all good they'll be headlining 1 of a few euro festivals...Reading being on of them...

Audioslave, I really enjoyed...saw them play 4 times and the last 2 shows to hear Soundgarden & Rage music was epic...I can only imagine how crazy nutz the crowd is gonna go when Rage hits it!!!

I don't really mind that so much but I really wish Audioslave would go on the record about their status. If they're done then so be it and if not then great and hey maybe they have no idea but I wish something official would come out on where they stand.
    Strangers with this kind of honesty make me go a big rubbery one

underrated band

Quote Originally Posted by SojuGorae View Post
    underrated band

so true its unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lounge Fly View Post
    Man I don't care who you are or what you like, Chris Cornell has probably the most unbelievable voice in Rock today. Even if you hate Audioslave, the man is a legend, just like the other members of the band. Considering that Zach doesn't really sing (not knocking it, just saying its not singing) yeah I'll admit that it did sound different. They also played Killing in the Name and maybe even one more but I was pretty hammered so i forget. They also play Outshined and Spoonman which always sounds good cause on Spoonman the band sounds nasty with the bass and Tom's solo
    I'll give you one thing: Cornell has a great voice. That said, he has no business even attempting to reproduce DeLaRocha's voice. What if He joined Soundgarden? How rediculous would that be? I can't stand any so-called "super groups". They have all super sucked.
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Quote Originally Posted by Lounge Fly View Post
    I don't really mind that so much but I really wish Audioslave would go on the record about their status. If they're done then so be it and if not then great and hey maybe they have no idea but I wish something official would come out on where they stand.
    Nothing wrong with hanging out and chilling for a minute...

he has no business even attempting to reproduce DeLaRocha's voice
    That definately NEVER happened!!! He just sang like he did 7 nation army!!!

I'll give you one thing: Cornell has a great voice. That said, he has no business even attempting to reproduce DeLaRocha's voice. What if He joined Soundgarden? How rediculous would that be? I can't stand any so-called "super groups". They have all super sucked.

I think you're missing the point. He doesn't sound like Zach you're right and the first time I heard it my first thought is 'man this sounds weird' but thats not why he's doing it. I wouldn't be surprised if Cornell felt very uncomfortable singing RATM songs for the fact that he doesn't sound like Zach and this isn't a style he's at all used to. But, there are a lot of people at these shows who loved RATM and Soundgarden and even though its an Audioslave show they really enjoy seeing some of the old stuff performed by an amazing group of artists. Trust me my friends that hit Audioslave shows with me also love Rage and we all love it when they bust out the old stuff. Its always great to see for 3 or 4 songs each show.

Whatever dude. Wear an Audioslave t-shirt. Can't wait to meet you.

Whatever dude. Wear an Audioslave t-shirt. Can't wait to meet you.
    Oh what is that a threat tough guy. Really mature. If you actually read my post you'll see that I'm a very big RATM fan too and think their music is fantastic. I simply think its very narrow-minded to just say Audioslave sucks becuase they're a different style than Rage.

Hell, Scott Weiland (who also has an amazing voice) probably can't protrude that whiny tone that Axl used that pretty much defined the sound of Guns n Roses but I'm sure they still bust out Welcome to the Jungle at their shows (Never been to a VR show, just assuming they play old STP and GNR)

No, man, it was a joke. I am actually a very peaceful person. I do not condone violence in any way, shape or form. I respect everyone's taste in music, but have strong feelings about RATM. Don' take me too seriously.

No, man, it was a joke. I am actually a very peaceful person. I do not condone violence in any way, shape or form. I respect everyone's taste in music, but have strong feelings about RATM. Don' take me too seriously.
    Gotya, my bad. Thats cool then and enjoy the show. Actually its unfortunate but I can't make it but I'll be envying everybody who's there Sunday night.

Talking Re: Audioslave

My dad can beat up your dad.

Oh, and I DARE any audioslave fans to wear their T-shirt on Sunday. You will be a target. Don't hurt yourself.
    another quality example of a RATM fan... probably one who really suffers the oppresive nature of capitalism living in Santa Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by sighlent View Post
    another quality example of a RATM fan... probably one who really suffers the oppresive nature of capitalism living in Santa Barbara.
    Hey, there are construction workers here too a-hole. I just happened to be born and raised here from a lower middle class family, who busted their asses to raise me in paradise, and I now have to bust my ass to stay afloat here. Try again, and don't think for a minute everyone here is wealthy.