Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audioslave

Default Audioslave

Did they break up?

Default Re: Audioslave

On hiatus while Rage reunites and Cornell does a solo album.

I hate Audioslave

yea, they were a huge letdown.

i was wondering the same thing though. does this mean they broke up, or the guys in rage just couldnt pass up the money they are getting for this one show, then they go back to audislave and zak goes back to his thing?

The word is that Cornell's got his solo album and they'll see what goes from there. I'm wondering how much of a reunion this rage show is (I.E. One off vs. a resurgence of rage.)
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

there's no way they could play this show and not walk away afterwards wanting to do more. We'll have to wait til this one's over, I guess...

As a very large Audioslave fan I've stayed pretty close to the small amount of news they let out but with Morello and Cornell both doing their solo thing and Wilk just having a baby a couple months back they said they wouldn't be touring early this year, possibly not at all for this album but they assured that they're not breaking up.
    Like somebody else said though, I too can't imagine that Rage can play one show and not love the energy they get to the point that they do more. I would love to see Rage play a few shows too but in the end, as somebody who appreciates all kinds of music, Audioslave is too good to come to an end this soon. Hopefully they'll get back at it sooner than later.

Who cares

I don't believe they've broken up. This should be a one time performance by Rage.

Many, many people on this board care.

I'm really curious to see if they do a tour after Coachella.

Lurker

Rage is too good to let audioslave get back together (sorry chris)

Tom Morello's solo album is due out i think april 24 - it's acoustic which should be fucking awesome

if only tool would do an acoustic album

I am sorry audioslave really are not good. Plus they hate each other and have no chemistry. All talented muscians but never should have gotten together.

I couldn't disagree more. Have you guys seen Audioslave in concert and really listened to their records. I find most people that hate Audioslave are the ones who were the biggest RATM fans, and thats cool and all its just different. I'll be the first to admit, the most crazy I've ever seen any concert get (as far as the crowd just getting crazy into it, and I've seen a ton) was actually when Audioslave played 'Testify' at the Garden during their last tour, but Audioslaves own music is just phenominal if you really listen to it, especially their 1st and 2nd albums though the 3rd is growing on me. I love all the energy of Rage too but my favorite band of all time is a Canadian band called the Tragically Hip which is all about just enjoying great(and mostly chill) music so my taste are probably a lot different than a lot of people who are die hard Rage fans. I wish more people would give Audioslave a chance, almost everything they've done so far has been pretty fantastic!

At the same time I'll be the first to say that though it looks like i can't make coachella I would absolutely love to see RATM in concert again.

usually when "superstars of rock" get together to form a band, that band stinks. audioslave is no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailmix View Post
    I am sorry audioslave really are not good. Plus they hate each other and have no chemistry. All talented muscians but never should have gotten together.
    Wait a second bro. Where exactly do you get off saying they "hate each other"?? Do you know this first hand? Do you talk to the band regularly or what? Please don't say things that you can't prove.

If I made the music that Audioslave made, I would loathe whomever I made that music with.

you are a moron.

plus the first album had amazing chemistry

my favorite audioslave song is cock-cheese

Absolute crap! If you take the time to listen to the interviews within the band its self they even have stated how powerful Chris's voice has been and will continue to be. Chris has always been someone the band looked up to as a singer longer before the end of RATM and when they were given the opportunity to meet and try to write some music with him they came out with amazing material. Tom's words were that "they had their most fertile writing experience together as AUDIOSLAVE writing 21 songs in 19 days” For the 1st album that’s incredible. People like you give RATM fans a bad name

Quote Originally Posted by Lounge Fly View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. Have you guys seen Audioslave in concert and really listened to their records. I find most people that hate Audioslave are the ones who were the biggest RATM fans, and thats cool and all its just different. I'll be the first to admit, the most crazy I've ever seen any concert get (as far as the crowd just getting crazy into it, and I've seen a ton) was actually when Audioslave played 'Testify' at the Garden during their last tour, but Audioslaves own music is just phenominal if you really listen to it, especially their 1st and 2nd albums though the 3rd is growing on me. I love all the energy of Rage too but my favorite band of all time is a Canadian band called the Tragically Hip which is all about just enjoying great(and mostly chill) music so my taste are probably a lot different than a lot of people who are die hard Rage fans. I wish more people would give Audioslave a chance, almost everything they've done so far has been pretty fantastic!

At the same time I'll be the first to say that though it looks like i can't make coachella I would absolutely love to see RATM in concert again.
    I dig the Tragically Hip but careful owning up to liking jam on this board.

Well, as far as the love triangle forms...

Zack and Brad aren't the best of friends.
    Zack and Chris are probably neutral.
    Brad, Tom and Timmy C are (obviously) still cool with each other.
    Tom and Zack are friends.

In all honesty, I'm just glad Timmy C and Zack have reunited. They were childhood friends, so I guess that's special.

Everyone's going on about the money, but it's not like ANY of these guys ever throw that money around you know? None of them lead lavish lifestyles like MC Hammer did, so why do people think they're doing it for the money?
    "It has to start somewhere. It has to start somehow. What better place than here. What better time than now"

THE ZACK DE LA ROCHA NETWORK WILL BE LIVE AGAIN - JANUARY 26TH.

WWW.ZDLR.NET

Quote Originally Posted by Bornasghosts View Post
    Rage is too good to let audioslave get back together (sorry chris)

Tom Morello's solo album is due out i think april 24 - it's acoustic which should be fucking awesome

if only tool would do an acoustic album
    Actually The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello's alter ego) sucks big time.

The first Audioslave album was good. Everything else they did was shit. I hope Rage gets back together for good.

Quote Originally Posted by shando View Post
    Actually The Nightwatchman (Tom Morello's alter ego) sucks big time.
    it doesn't suck big time...it's not that great...really folkish...and his voice just isn't that good.

I find most people that hate Audioslave are the ones who were the biggest RATM fans, and thats cool and all its just different.
    I think that this is true. I also think that all the members of RATM aren't getting paid as much as every thinks they are. Look at the logic behind it all, all of them are taking some sort of break. Money is running low... but I still love RATM. I saw them on the Battle of Los Angeles tour and they rocked the f**k out of that place. Can't wait to see them again....

Chris Cornell is going to come out with Rage and sing Kumbaya for the encore

Quote Originally Posted by xbnmx View Post
    I dig the Tragically Hip but careful owning up to liking jam on this board.

boy are you right ... mention a jam band and people start with the dirty hippie , wookie stuff .... thats too bad ...cr******

I'll be the first to admit, the most crazy I've ever seen any concert get (as far as the crowd just getting crazy into it, and I've seen a ton) was actually when Audioslave played 'Testify'
    Chris Cornell sang a RATM song? That's just blasphemy! I can't believe the rest of the band actually thought that was O.K. I f-ing hate Audioslave.
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Oh, and I DARE any audioslave fans to wear their T-shirt on Sunday. You will be a target. Don't hurt yourself.
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    boy are you right ... mention a jam band and people start with the dirty hippie , wookie stuff .... thats too bad ...cr******
    I really don't get how you can call The Hip a jam band. I like all kinds of music, pretty much except for jam. I've seen the Hip a shitload of times and at no point would I ever compare it to jam.
    By the way I'm also heading up to Ottawa to see them tomorrow night and then rock the nations capital for a couple nights. Going to be a great weekend.
    But yeah again, my point was jam sucks, the hip is not jam