Thread: beer???

Default beer???

campground rules say no alcohol on the sites. That cant really be enforced right?? I mean there has to be drinking at the campsites. (obviously a first timer)

Default Re: beer???

bro, dont be that guy

what guy is that? the guy who likes to enjoy a beer at a show?

Lurker

oh yah, it is enforced.... well enforced..it took three hours to get into the campsite that Friday night last year since they were searching everyone and confiscating everything. if you can get smuggle some in then good luck. There is a beer garden on site that of course closes early, but there are beer gardens inside the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckgirl View Post
    There is a beer garden on site that of course closes early, but there are beer gardens inside the festival.
    but do you really want to pound beers in 100 degree weather?

(The answer is no for me, found that out the first day of my first 'chella in 2003 ... never again)

what kind of search are we talking about here? like the open every bag in the car? or is it just a look in the windows and see what youve got in the cooler kind of thing? i just dont want to be drinking a $7 bud light, thats my only concern

speaking of searches, what time should i show up to the campsite on friday? i mean im sure theres gonna be alot of traffic and all.

Lurker

camping was not what i expected and not like any music festival that i had been to before. you parked your car in one section, took all your belongings into a line and waiting to be searched. not a lot of places to hide anything. We go there around 8pm on the Friday and got to our spot (grid system P12 was spot) around 11:30pm. Carrying everything all my camping crap and leaving booze in the car was not fun. They let you go in and out but if you had a bag you had to go back to the end of the line. We would just go to the car and drink what we had there, except it doesn't stay too cold in the desert heat. I think we just got there completely at the wrong time, This year we plan to get there for afternoon Thursday or late late night. We brought in booze in water bottles but honestly other then the first night partying it up we were in bed at 12:30 after the concerts. Drinking beer all day in the heat gets you really tired. oh and as for sleeping in?? forget it at 8am you are dying from the heat. Sounds like camping sucked right? well, it did but i loved it and we are doing it again!

Lurker

i remember beer was only $5? or was it $6? it wasn't too bad. Water was only $2. tons of food on site too. better to buy everything there then carry it all day.

Quick story about Woodstock 99 that might be the same thing with beer here. They said that they would check all bags on the way in, they barely checked anything at all.
    There was a beer garden on site, however back then I was only 19. Long story short, the entire weekend went by and everywhere you walked there was people selling every drug you could think of except beer and nobody was doing anything about it. My problem was that I pretty much only drink, and the beer garden was guarded like Fort Knox. I didn't have a fake id so there was no chance in hell I was getting in there. It was high 90's everyday and all I wanted was a cold beer so the only drug I wanted was the only one I couldnt have access too.
    I did bring in a cooler with some foods and other stuff but I assumed they would take beer if they saw it. Everybody I knew who brought beer just got right in so if I could do it again I would have loaded in a few cases. You can always try it, they'll probably just take it if they catch you

canuck girl you have been more than helpful. If i wasnt an avalanche fan i would hug you at the festival. Thanks again. Oh one more thing, is it easy to get drugs in there or do i have to buy it from some over priced scumbag?

Lurker

if you are expecting hockey prices for beer and food you will be pleasantly surprised. Coachella was cheaper than going to a Cancucks game!
    Drugs?? hmmm being girl I was offered quite a bit for free in the campground. I didn't see any in the festival itself but i only smoke BC bud every now and then so i wasn't looking for it. My friends scored some E somewhere in the campground and they seemed to think it was an okay deal. i guess the moral is get a girl to get it for you or bring your own? LOL.

they are pretty strict about taking in any type of alcohol. One of the people i went with last year learned the hard way.
    "Screw the boys, I wanna stay here with my new family and their feel good candy..."

are there a lot of scalpers there? cause i was thinking of getting a ticket for sunday until i can afford the 3 day passes, then selling the rage ticket once i get the 3 day. good idea or no?

so should i do the on-site camping or look for something off-site?

Lurker

nope don't bother. the two day passes never sold out last year but Sunday sold out because of Madonna. We bought our two day tickets about a month beforehand no problem

hey i camped last year and it was amazing. the coachella experience is multiplied by so much more when you go the camping route......i met people from all over the world, including france and germany. about the beer thing, well, if ya use your head, there are plenty of ways to get around that. i myself was schooled in the art of sneaking beer in by some pretty crafty scientist that were our tent neighbors.
    adzooks!!!

please adzooks, share your knowledge

canuck girl you dont think its a good idea to save my spot at rage until i can afford the 3-day? or you dont think i will be able to get rid of the sunday ticket once i get my 3-day?

even better, ill post a thread for ya, and ask everyone to indulge their sneaky sneaky ways!!!!
    adzooks!!!

and if ya dont get a sure fire way here, ill let ya in on the info that was bestowed upon me by the greatest scientific minds in the universe......deal??
    adzooks!!!

pure genius adzooks!!

Dudleyville, AZ (yes, it's a real place!)

adzooks....where's that post, buddy?
    I don't have anything clever to say right now.
    Tiff's Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by pewter14 View Post
    but do you really want to pound beers in 100 degree weather?

(The answer is no for me, found that out the first day of my first 'chella in 2003 ... never again)
    seriously..

do yourself a favor, stay hydrated during the day and booze after the festival or at night. you'll have a much better experience.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Lounge Fly View Post
    Quick story about Woodstock 99 that might be the same thing with beer here. They said that they would check all bags on the way in, they barely checked anything at all.
    There was a beer garden on site, however back then I was only 19. Long story short, the entire weekend went by and everywhere you walked there was people selling every drug you could think of except beer and nobody was doing anything about it. My problem was that I pretty much only drink, and the beer garden was guarded like Fort Knox. I didn't have a fake id so there was no chance in hell I was getting in there. It was high 90's everyday and all I wanted was a cold beer so the only drug I wanted was the only one I couldnt have access too.
    I did bring in a cooler with some foods and other stuff but I assumed they would take beer if they saw it. Everybody I knew who brought beer just got right in so if I could do it again I would have loaded in a few cases. You can always try it, they'll probably just take it if they catch you
    And those are some of the reasons why Woodstock doesn't exist anymore. Coachella is nothing like Woodstock. Much better environment and the organisers have their heads on straight. And Coachella is MUCH hotter. 110 temperature, but feels like 120+ The desert is unrelenting
    Portishead in 2007.
    I have attended every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckgirl View Post
    i remember beer was only $5? or was it $6? it wasn't too bad. Water was only $2. tons of food on site too. better to buy everything there then carry it all day.
    its been $7 without tip the past two years. inside, anyways. maybe its different in the campground.

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by
    Canuckgirl
    its been $7 without tip the past two years. inside, anyways. maybe its different in the campground.its been $7 without tip the past two years. inside, anyways. maybe its different in the campground.
    oh wow that is a lot of money for one stinking beer...
    I'm from Germany so I'm used to other/(better) stuff and lower prices....
    but... oh well I'm not even old enough to drink here -.-

MOMO
    We have a cast like ABBA
    We look like SUPERSTARS
    We sound like THE MOCKERY
    www.the-mockery.de.vu

arrg accident
    We have a cast like ABBA
    We look like SUPERSTARS
    We sound like THE MOCKERY
    www.the-mockery.de.vu

i wouldn't bother buying a one day pass if you plan to buy a three day pass, there are many more 3 day passes then one day passes available. Make sure you buy the camping ticket at the same time, camping is right next to the festival and camping elsewhere would be such a bitch, plus you get an opportunity to meet so many great people from all around North America!

I hear $7 beer is back this year, only now it's called $8 beer.