Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Official Mist Thread

Default Re: Official Mist Thread

Quote Originally Posted by purple3ye View Post
    Set up this system and i have air pumping through the mist holes but no water. Any ideas?
    Make sure there are no holes or anything in the tubing either.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I never came back in here before Coachella but I wanted to thank you guys for your helps and tips. We forgot the fasteners at home so our mister sort of dripped occasionally but overall it was a great success! Thanks so much for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

this needs to be bumped for people that have missed out on this thread on previous years.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

It isn't that hot in April there

shut up, you racist. it gets hot as fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    ICYMI: Today the two board members with the most questionable approach to music held mirrors up to each other; no one learned a thing and nothing will change.

September 24 - Modest Mouse - Vina Robles Amp.
    October 3/4 - Desert Stars - Pioneertown
    October 17 - Massive Attack - SB Bowl
    November 8 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    November 9 - Slowdive - Theater at Ace
    April 10/11/12 - Coachella wknd 1 - Indio

This thread saved my life 2 years ago in the 112 degree heat.

This has been a life saver the past 2 Coachella's. I have had a problem arise each year though. The mister system seems to work great for the first day, but after that, the misters seem to become clogged. My best guess is maybe some grass clogging the system, as it seems far too quick for calcium to build up and clog. Anyone have any similar issues?

As an added bonus though, after the mister became clogged, we used the wand that comes with the pressure sprayer and it became a great makeshift cool-down water gun.

I'm trying to make this happen this year for Weekend 1! However, I'm a little unsure about the actual connection, and it looks like the original close-up picture from lovethelake is no longer available. Anyone have advice?

Here you go, since apparently tinypic doesn't host images forever and the instructions of the first post no longer have one of the images.

1 o-ring should be sufficient but I have 3 crammed on there as a precaution.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by optimuscline View Post
    This has been a life saver the past 2 Coachella's. I have had a problem arise each year though. The mister system seems to work great for the first day, but after that, the misters seem to become clogged. My best guess is maybe some grass clogging the system, as it seems far too quick for calcium to build up and clog. Anyone have any similar issues?

As an added bonus though, after the mister became clogged, we used the wand that comes with the pressure sprayer and it became a great makeshift cool-down water gun.
    I just pulled my set out to see if it still ran and of course it's clogged from last year. A quick google search says that soaking the mister heads in white vinegar for at least 30 minutes should break down whatever's clogged in there. I'm going to try soaking overnight to see if this works, maybe with the help of a needle/safety pin. If not, I'll just order another misting line as it was only like $12.

As far as preventing it from getting clogged this year by day 3... does anyone have any ideas for filtering? I think I'm going to try rubberbanding a cotton ball over the water pickup inside the pump reservoir. Hopefully I still get enough pressure.

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I just pulled my set out to see if it still ran and of course it's clogged from last year. A quick google search says that soaking the mister heads in white vinegar for at least 30 minutes should break down whatever's clogged in there. I'm going to try soaking overnight to see if this works, maybe with the help of a needle/safety pin. If not, I'll just order another misting line as it was only like $12.

As far as preventing it from getting clogged this year by day 3... does anyone have any ideas for filtering? I think I'm going to try rubberbanding a cotton ball over the water pickup inside the pump reservoir. Hopefully I still get enough pressure.
    If I remember correctly on pages 3,4, or 5 some people talked about filtration! I need to do this too! If I find it first I'll post.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

The other day I picked up just a cheap $10 1 Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer for "showering". To me it seems a lot better to spray myself off with that thing then wait for somewhat actual showers. More time to drink beer this way.

Quote Originally Posted by cerpin taxt View Post
    The other day I picked up just a cheap $10 1 Gallon Lawn and Garden Sprayer for "showering". To me it seems a lot better to spray myself off with that thing then wait for somewhat actual showers. More time to drink beer this way.
    I usually go take a shower at 11am and there is no line ever, well that's kind of a lie I have had to wait an entire 5 mins. But the canopy mister system from this thread is KEY. Its amaze and I love it, and always get tons of compliments on its awesomeness.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

I ran normal soap through the line (dish soap) and it cleaned out the line, I've never had a clog though. But I use water from 1 gallon jugs and not any festival water. I suggest spending 10-15 bucks and getting water in the gallon jugs or if you want to be eco-friendly get like a 10-20 gallon water jug like the Gatorade ones and then just use that water to fill up the mister system.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

FILTERED WATER! NO MORE CLOGGING, EVER!!!

Instead of attempting to make my own filter out of a cotton ball like I mentioned I would try earlier, I went to Home Depot and decided to do it properly.

I bought this filter meant for filtering fridge drinking water for $12. In the picture you'll see some clear plastic tubing on the left side that I bought (1/4" diameter, I believe, the same as the mist tubing), but realized after I got home that I could have just cut a few inches off of the misting line and used that instead. Make sure to connect it in the right direction, water is meant to only go one way through this filter (note the arrow in picture)

Anyways, I thought this might not work due to the water pressure possibly dropping significantly after going through the filter. NOT AT ALL. The mist comes out just as strong and fine of a mist as ever. If there's a drop in pressure, I did not notice it. For what it's worth, my misting nozzles are brand new and completely clear as I just replaced those, so who knows what happens if some of you try this same setup on your nozzles that are several years old and have possibly a little bit of junk in them.

WARNING READ BEFORE YOU TRY WARNING READ BEFORE YOU TRY
    If you try and do this, MAKE SURE YOU PUMP AT LEAST 3 GALLONS OF WATER THROUGH THE FILTER BEFORE YOU CONNECT YOUR MIST SYSTEM FOR THE FIRST TIME. You know how when you install a new Brita filter, you have a to run a bunch of water through it first to get those black dark carbon stuff out? Same with this thing, but X10000. A TON of that dark black stuff comes firing out of the end of the filter when you first use it, so make sure you pump at like 4 gallons of water through the filter first before attaching it to the mister (instructions say at least 2 gallons) or else you'll shoot all that dark black crap into your nozzles and probably instantly clog them.

This system isn't perfect nor does the tubing have what I would call a perfect seal, in fact I would leave this thing horizontal on the ground rather than have it up in the air hanging by it's own weight (although I may zip tie in onto a canopy leg, problem solved) but if this really works it will be nice to know I'll have perfect mist all 3 days without them clogging by the end of the weekend.

Last edited by ManImCool; 04-05-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Because.

For those of you too lazy to pump a few times an hour I saw this at home depot while picking up my garden sprayer today. Runs off an 18v Ryobi battery and says it's good for up to 7hrs.
    http://professional-power-tool-guide...summer-cooler/