Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Mist Thread

Default Re: Official Mist Thread

We did not use our misters last year at Coachella because we had to dump our water at security but we will be using them this year. I made 4 of them for last year and still wish we would have had them up. We did use them at a couple of other fests and on the river by our house and they worked so great! Seriously this just makes the time at the campsite much more comfortable in the 100 degrees that is Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    We did not use our misters last year at Coachella because we had to dump our water at security but we will be using them this year. I made 4 of them for last year and still wish we would have had them up. We did use them at a couple of other fests and on the river by our house and they worked so great! Seriously this just makes the time at the campsite much more comfortable in the 100 degrees that is Coachella.
    By Sunday I filled water containers up at the showers to use the mister
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Thank you very much for your helpful information. I will grab a couple of the filters and a bottle of CLR for good measure. I did not clean my lines when I put the set-up away, so I will definitely do that when I take it out of storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    We didn't have a problem bringing in 60 gallons of water last year in 5 gallon collapsible jugs. {Three of which were leakers even though they were brand new/good thing I had placed them inside of plastic bags as they were filled and loaded} I wonder if other campers were made to dump their water by security. Is there anything worth expanding on why they made you dump your water? I know every search is the luck of the draw as it seems but I was not aware of anything stating water couldn't be brought in the camping area.

I only brought in 1 gallon jugs, about 10 or 15 of them w/o any harassment

Most security won't harass you, but I also imagine it's the containers water is brought in as well
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

We tried to be "smart" but ended up "dumb" and brought a 50 gallon drum of water in the pickup (we had to pay the guy at the motel $50 to let us fill up the container!!!) and security made us dump it out at the check in. Said we could be trying to sell it of all things! They also almost would not let us bring in bikes of all things and our propane tank for the grill which in the rules said it was OK but security disagreed. I pretty much wanted to murder everyone by then:-) Then of course very few of our group was allowed to park close to each other which really ruined my day. Unfortunately I let it set the tone for the whole weekend and I was not that happy at last years Coachella because so many of the things I planned just did not work out.

What it did teach me is that at Coachella you really just have to go with the flow and not stress on the little shit. We really come for the music and all the wonderful people you meet and hang with and that is what your focus should be, not the most amazing camp spot:-)

I am sure 5 gallon containers would be fine. We just had such a large group I was trying to take care of everyone and it did not work. We will be bringing lots of water this year but in smaller containers and spread out through all our vehicles instead of all of it in one truck.

Lightbulb Re: Official Mist Thread

Hey guys I know you are all awesome and have been making your own misters but I found this before - A. Knew about this forum and B. Knew you could build your own. Anyways its super cheap! It did get bad reviews on amazon but it doesn't have very many reviews either. Its only $22.10 and free shipping. I got one that will be arriving on Wednesday, Ill give up dates after I give it a try! I posted about this in another forum but figured It should belongs here too.

http://www.amazon.com/MistyMate-1660...6820796&sr=8-6
    Last edited by euphonicfiend; 01-17-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: I didnt post the link.. DUR
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post

I ordered this cause its so cheap! If it works Ill be very happy! It got bad reviews on amazon but only had like 4 reviews total. $59.99 but its only $22.10 & Free shipping! I can just in vision myself happy under my canopy with this. It will be arriving on Wednesday and I will try it out just in case I need to send it back - I will give an up date on how well it works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Damn I built mine for like the same cost, coulda saved on labor, lol.
    Ignoring the bad reviews and low cost, I still like our rigs we have been making because we can take detach the misting system from our pump and turn it into a campsite shower. In fact, I'm going to try and upgrade my old rig from last year (exact same as post #2 in this thread) from the 5 nozzle system to this 11 nozzle system for only $13. Only concern will be if our pumps can put out enough PSI for all 11 of those mist heads. If not, no big deal, I'll revert back to my awesome 5 nozzle system from last year.

For people that haven't made any rigs yet, and don't mind waiting for an hour to use the trailer showers in the morning, then the MistyMate premade one that Euphonic found might be a decent option. But again, bad reviews, so we'll see what Euphonic says when it arrives in the mail.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 01-17-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Ignoring the bad reviews and low cost, I still like our rigs we have been making because we can take our mist nozzles off and turn it into a campsite shower. In fact, I'm going to try and upgrade my old rig from last year (exact same as post #2 in this thread) from the 5 nozzle system to this 11 nozzle system for only $13. Only concern will be if our pumps can put out enough PSI for all 11 of those mist heads. If not, no big deal, I'll revert back to my awesome 5 nozzle system from last year.

For people that haven't made any rigs yet, and don't mind waiting for an hour to use the trailer showers in the morning, then the MistyMate premade one that Euphonic found might be a decent option. But again, bad reviews, so we'll see what Euphonic says when it arrives in the mail.

I don't know, 11 of them you might run into PSI problems, or have to pump it a lot more than last time you'll run out of water pretty fast too I imagine.
    COACHELLA 2014

I'm kind of thinking that's most likely going to be the case, but it's a gamble I'm willing to waste $13 on to test it here at home on this freezing California day in January.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

My friends and I bought a bunch of these at Ride-Aid and it was by far the most clutch item we bought all weekend. A water vendor next to our camp spot let us refill them with his ice-water, and security let us take them into the festival as long as they were empty. People were so thankful to get sprayed inside the tents. Highly recommend purchasing a few of these. they were only $6 each, and you can set it on a straight spray or a mist setting.

PumpBottleMister.jpg

we also went a similar way for portable mist, getting this from home depot...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

3025a14c-374c-460b-ba10-4ac099bf6786_300.jpg

People were literally begging us to spray them, and filling was easy at the refill stations. Great for just chilling out at the campsite as well, in addition to our larger mist system under the shade structure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

Thumbs down Re: Official Mist Thread

Hey guys I know you are all awesome and have been making your own misters but I found this before - A. Knew about this forum and B. Knew you could build your own. Anyways its super cheap! It did get bad reviews on amazon but it doesn't have very many reviews either. Its only $22.10 and free shipping. I got one that will be arriving on Wednesday, Ill give up dates after I give it a try! I posted about this in another forum but figured It should belongs here too.

Hey everyone! So I got the update on the misty mister.. well sort of. I ordered 1 and the box had been opened and it looked used and dirty. I returned the 1st one hoping the 2nd would be better. The 2nd one looked the same so I just sent it back. Both items had clearly been opened and used. Sooo I returned them both. From the feel of it, it seemed cheaply made and flimsy. Luckily amazon has a great return policy & UPS does pick ups at my job so I sent it back very easy and got my $$ back. I will be making my own. This thread is great! thanks for all the info!
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Hey everyone! So I got the update on the misty mister.. well sort of. I ordered 1 and the box had been opened and it looked used and dirty. I returned the 1st one hoping the 2nd would be better. The 2nd one looked the same so I just sent it back. Both items had clearly been opened and used. Sooo I returned them both. From the feel of it, it seemed cheaply made and flimsy. Luckily amazon has a great return policy & UPS does pick ups at my job so I sent it back very easy and got my $$ back. I will be making my own. This thread is great! thanks for all the info!
    Hmmm interesting, good luck. Let us know if you have any questions or need help with anything.
    COACHELLA 2014

Cool Re: Official Mist Thread

Hmmm interesting, good luck. Let us know if you have any questions or need help with anything.
    Thanks! This thread has encouraged me to be a " Handy woMAN" I will definitely ask for help if I need it. Home Depot has 30 pumps right now and Ill order the misting system from amazon since its out of stock at the home depot near me. Thinking about making 2. Thanks again! I'm excited to put it together.

Thanks! This thread has encouraged me to be a " Handy woMAN" I will definitely ask for help if I need it. Home Depot has 30 pumps right now and Ill order the misting system from amazon since its out of stock at the home depot near me. Thinking about making 2. Thanks again! I'm excited to put it together.
    Do you have a sport chalet near you? They have them there
    COACHELLA 2014

Do you have a sport chalet near you? They have them there

There is a sport chalet near the home depot I go to. Ill check there! thanks!

For those of you that are too lazy to pump and have some money to burn this system looks cool.

http://www.canopycool.com/

Fuck mist...it's all about heavy duty dipstick squirtguns
    You wanna fook on me?!

Lurker

Thumbs up Re: Official Mist Thread

I'd just like to thank this thread for hooking me up. I had trouble finding the misting system at HD at first, and had a few employees picking around but most of them gave up pretty quickly and wrote it off "seasonal, our stock number is wrong." But it was wrong by TWENTY, so I refused to give up. Finally the manager walked over to plumbing and realized that...OH, there they were! Just 10 minutes before, she was the one telling me they DEFINITELY didn't have them--so she handed it to me for FREE Which leaves me with a $18 system. Awesome.

just went to go pick up my set up today at home depot.

got back and assembled the tubing to the nozzle, fit like a glove.

but my hand pump seems to be missing a crucial piece, unless i'm overlooking something?

hva0lf.jpg

i don't know how i'm going to create pressure with a big hole in my tank

going to home depot today to get a new pump.

Quote Originally Posted by underthedeep View Post

but my hand pump seems to be missing a crucial piece, unless i'm overlooking something?

hva0lf.jpg

Is a valve or something supposed to be there? I have a diff. tank so I dunno, ha
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by underthedeep View Post

hva0lf.jpg

I have the same pump and the same hole. I think it is supposed to be there. Haven't tried my mist set up with water yet. Trying it out tonight!

EDIT : lovethelakes picture of this pump has the same hole..

Just got our misting stuff out yesterday, 3 misters working perfectly:-) With the extended weather forecast for Indio calling for mid 90's by the 12th we will be needing them!

I tested my mister! it is amazing! whats so spectacular about this set up is it is soo freakin easy! THANK YOU! If this thread was not created I wouldn't have this amazing contraption!

Nice thread, may go for a 4 gallon hand pump or maybe an electric. Good work people **slaps you on the ass like a team mate**
    Reee hee hee hee heallyyyyy?

my mister isn't really misting, it's more like dripping droplets outwards, and the last 2 out of the 4-5 nozzles aren't even working

Clean out the nozzles with a needle.
    Pulp.Other Lives.M83.Arctic Monkeys.Amon Tobin.Explosions in the Sky.The Horrors.EMA.The Black Keys.GIRLS.Yuck.WU LYF
    Radiohead.Noel Gallagher.Bon Iver.GY!BE.Feist.The Vaccines.St. Vincent.Jeff Mangum.The Shins.SBTRKT.Kasabian.Keep Shelly in Athens.Destroyer.Kaiser Chiefs
    Wild Beasts.Metronomy.Beirut.Real Estate.Fanfarlo.The Weeknd.Florence+The Machine.The Hives.Gotye.First Aid Kit

Returned my previous unit with the missing plug

GOT a new unit with a YELLOW PLUG where the hole was.

everything works dandy.

see you all soon! happy coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by TheClares View Post
    we also went a similar way for portable mist, getting this from home depot...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

3025a14c-374c-460b-ba10-4ac099bf6786_300.jpg

People were literally begging us to spray them, and filling was easy at the refill stations. Great for just chilling out at the campsite as well, in addition to our larger mist system under the shade structure.
    I picked up two of these at the Home Depot today. $6.47 a piece. Tried them out - AWESOME. I also picked up a $80 black sunshade felt cloth that is 6'X50'.

That size is the perfect dimensions for those blue EZ ups. It will cover from floor to top with the 6' and will wrap around 40' with an extra 10' to cut in half and make into a door.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.