Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Mist Thread

Default Re: Official Mist Thread

The Do Lab does get a little muddy, but only where they have water hoses going and such. You won't end up with mud from taking showers at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    HOLY SHIT! Guys.... The 2gallon misting tank can duel as a shower. Unhook your mist rig, apply the spray nozzle back on....
    Holy shit, are you cereal? How's the water pressure for showering compare with the gravity solar showers? I bought a big 5 gallon one that lasts about 8 minutes, but it is a nice amount of water. Is the 2 gallon pump/nozzle more of a drizzle shower?

And yeah as people are saying I'm not worried about mud, that shit will evaporate quick.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethelake View Post
    Holy shit, are you cereal? How's the water pressure for showering compare with the gravity solar showers? I bought a big 5 gallon one that lasts about 8 minutes, but it is a nice amount of water. Is the 2 gallon pump/nozzle more of a drizzle shower?

And yeah as people are saying I'm not worried about mud, that shit will evaporate quick.
    You can have a small drizzle or a high pressure one, you just have to pump the water tank. So you can have a fast one or slow one. And it will work a lot better than a solar shower.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Went to TWO Home Depot's this week to get the mister system, and of course it was the same ordeal as lovethelake. Said they had 20 in stock, but NOBODY COULD FIND THEM! Hoping they'll get put out closer to spring, since they had just started putting out the other misters and cooling equipment. Got the pump though. Now to continue my mission for these damn misters...

Edit: Woops, supposed to be posted from fear_the_tree

Edit #2: YES! ITS ON AMAZON WITH FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING! Its a couple dollars more, but I'll save that in gas and time.
    Last edited by Media Blitz; 03-22-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    Went to TWO Home Depot's this week to get the mister system, and of course it was the same ordeal as lovethelake. Said they had 20 in stock, but NOBODY COULD FIND THEM! Hoping they'll get put out closer to spring, since they had just started putting out the other misters and cooling equipment. Got the pump though. Now to continue my mission for these damn misters...

Edit: Woops, supposed to be posted from fear_the_tree

Edit #2: YES! ITS ON AMAZON WITH FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING! Its a couple dollars more, but I'll save that in gas and time.
    Make sure you get the 1/4" system from Amazon, it is easily confused with the 3/8" system. While I have no doubts that 3/8" will work just as well despite being slightly bigger (50% wider tubing), I'm thinking about pressure/rate of flow/adapting it to the hand pump. The 1/4" system I have fits pretty well into the handpump I have; I'm not so sure that 3/8" would fit very well or even at all with the O-ring in the handpump rig. Also, logically, I'd imagine that 3/8" would go through a lot more water, which would be quite a debbie downer given that we're in a desert and having lots of water is inconvenient.

Long story short: get the 1/4" system not the 3/8" system, simply because:
    IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT

I'm a delicate flower, so I think a misting system is going to save my ass this year. It's been cold and rainy all week in the Bay Area so I have a hard time comprehending just how hot it's going to be, but from all accounts it'll be intense. I don't have time to go to a Home Depot, so is this going to be okay?

http://www.amazon.com/RL-Flo-Master-...=1TCN1W4N0R8PH

http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-20066-Po...=1TCN1W4N0R8PH

Quote Originally Posted by Virrago View Post
    I'm a delicate flower, so I think a misting system is going to save my ass this year. It's been cold and rainy all week in the Bay Area so I have a hard time comprehending just how hot it's going to be, but from all accounts it'll be intense. I don't have time to go to a Home Depot, so is this going to be okay?

http://www.amazon.com/RL-Flo-Master-...=1TCN1W4N0R8PH

http://www.amazon.com/Orbit-20066-Po...=1TCN1W4N0R8PH
    It will *probably* work just fine. I have that exact same mister, and I also have a pump sprayer by the same brand (but not the same model/series; you are looking at the 3 gallon economy, I purchased the 2 gallon premium). But in the event that the two parts don't fit together as perfectly as you might want, you'll have to end up going to home depot anyway to make them fit. How do you not have time to go to Home Depot? I'm in the bay area too, I've managed to put "create kick-ass mister system for Coachella at Home Depot" on my schedule despite this shitty rainy weather, so you can too. But again, you might just do fine with your amazon shopping. But just in case, you might have to visit Home Depot anyway. Let's hope that sprayer you are eyeing is perfect. If you want to be safe, just get the same sprayer that I mentioned in the #2nd post of this thread. Again, you might just be fine though with the one you are eyeing.

canopy + solar shower = awesome.

canopy + solar shower + 2 gallon spray tank to get pressurized shower = even more awesome.
    Are you saying you're plugging your pump sprayer into your solar shower somehow? Or are you just straight up using the nozzle that comes with the pump sprayer...

Are you saying you're plugging your pump sprayer into your solar shower somehow? Or are you just straight up using the nozzle that comes with the pump sprayer...
    Nozzle from the pump sprayer. So disconnect the mister, connect the nozzle, and you're set. Pressurized water at your camp site.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Do you remember the exact size of the o-ring you bought?

See comment #21 in this same thread... 1.5 page long thread isn't THAT hard to read through...

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=21

Nozzle from the pump sprayer. So disconnect the mister, connect the nozzle, and you're set. Pressurized water at your camp site.
    I know I can find this out for myself but it's cold and dark out and I'm lazy, so I'll either wait till morning, or just get a response from you... but anyway how does the pressure/volume of water compare to a standard 5-gallon solar shower? Does it go through water a lot faster with the stock nozzle compared to the misters plugged in? I mean it obviously can't go through as much water as my shower... that thing lasts 8 minutes for 5 gallons, but it's a very nice volume/water flow. Obviously not much pressure since it's just gravity, but nice volume. But I hate thinking about using 5 gallons of water with the solar shower in 8 minutes when I know 2 gallons of water lasts 1.5 hours when misting...

How did I miss that? Commence calling me retarded.

I know I can find this out for myself but it's cold and dark out and I'm lazy, so I'll either wait till morning, or just get a response from you... but anyway how does the pressure/volume of water compare to a standard 5-gallon solar shower? Does it go through water a lot faster with the stock nozzle compared to the misters plugged in? I mean it obviously can't go through as much water as my shower... that thing lasts 8 minutes for 5 gallons, but it's a very nice volume/water flow. Obviously not much pressure since it's just gravity, but nice volume. But I hate thinking about using 5 gallons of water with the solar shower in 8 minutes when I know 2 gallons of water lasts 1.5 hours when misting...
    It would depend on how much you pump it, the spray nozzle may increase the pressure, I haven't personally tested it, but for simplicity sake let's say it does use 8min for 5 gallons, you still get more bang for your buck because you can spray when needed not constantly flowing. So you get wet, apply soap, etc. spray the water, and you're set.
    COACHELLA 2014

The plans here are GREAT!!! anyone smart enough to read this would be wise to invest in making it...you'll be surprised at the looks others give when they see it.

We have one I made for tailgating....and EVERYONE during the summer months comes by and is shocked by how cool it is that we have misters set up at our tailgating....and many ask if they can hang out for a bit.

it's a very neat item to have...and if you don't live in the desert you could sell it at the end of the festival as I'm sure someone around you will want it.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

It would depend on how much you pump it, the spray nozzle may increase the pressure, I haven't personally tested it, but for simplicity sake let's say it does use 8min for 5 gallons, you still get more bang for your buck because you can spray when needed not constantly flowing. So you get wet, apply soap, etc. spray the water, and you're set.
    Did some tests today. I started out with 2 gallons, and pumped that thing pretty hard, then opened the nozzle, noted the time, and walked away. 5 minutes later came back to give it some more pumps. The pressure had gone down significantly, but that was more because since the tank started off so full I could only pump it about 10 times before there was too much resistance to continue pumping. Pumped it another 20 times, walked away. 5 minutes later came back, it was still spraying just as strong as it was when I had left, and about a gallon of water was gone.

Based on this single result of highly scientific and methodological test, I deduce that at a gallon lasts about 10 minutes under CONSTANT strong pressure. And of course we won't be using it constantly, (get wet turn off soap up turn back on rinse off done) And by strong pressure I mean strong relative to what the pumper is actually capable of. It's not strong like a real shower, but I'm definitely returning my solar shower. This method owns hard.

Curious though, how are we going to make our sprayer wands high enough for that shower experience? The little hose from my tank to my spray wand is only like 3 feet long, so obviously I can't have the tank sitting on the ground unless I feel like laying on the ground and have someone spray me down like a weed-infested bush.

I'm not as industrious. So I just bought this:
    http://www.mistymate.com/cool-camper-6.html

Although I ordered it from Amazon. It's unclear, but I hope it's the same product:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z7XL9M

Joseph Elwell.

Quote Originally Posted by jelwell View Post
    I'm not as industrious. So I just bought this:
    http://www.mistymate.com/cool-camper-6.html
    Holy shit. That thing costs $70 bucks? And it's only 6 feet of actual misting line? I mean by all means, you do you, but...
    The set up we are talking about here is 10 feet of misting line, and easily 60%-70% cheaper. Now I have a better idea on how much to start the bidding at on Monday for the campground auction for my misting rig.

EDIT:
    actually though, this looks pretty good, might have to pull the trigger on this one...
    http://www.mistymate.com/high-pressu...12-nozzle.html
    Last edited by lovethelake; 03-29-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Holy shit. That thing costs $70 bucks? And it's only 6 feet of actual misting line? I mean by all means, you do you, but...
    The set up we are talking about here is 10 feet of misting line, and easily 60%-70% cheaper. Now I have a better idea on how much to start the bidding at on Monday for the campground auction for my misting rig.
    Your setup is significantly cheaper. My setup is shipped and ready to go. The Misty Mate has 10 feet of lead line, but indeed only 6 of misting. At the campground I suspect your could sell your setups for close to 80$ if it includes prefilled tanks of water.

EDIT:
    actually though, this looks pretty good, might have to pull the trigger on this one...
    http://www.mistymate.com/high-pressu...12-nozzle.html
    That might be what Coachella has inside the venue.
    Joseph Elwell.

Curious though, how are we going to make our sprayer wands high enough for that shower experience? The little hose from my tank to my spray wand is only like 3 feet long, so obviously I can't have the tank sitting on the ground unless I feel like laying on the ground and have someone spray me down like a weed-infested bush.
    The one from Harbor Freight has a 4ft hose. So I suggest getting something to prop the tank on, a chair, stool, bucket, etc. and you're locked and loaded. With proper angling you might be able to set it on your hood or roof even
    COACHELLA 2014

For using my sprayer as a shower, Imma just use this

and hang the tank from my EZup by it's handle.
    Simple solution that costs a few bucks.

When I'm misting, it goes back on the ground.
    Last edited by lovethelake; 03-29-2011 at 02:36 PM.

For using my sprayer as a shower, Imma just use this

and hang the tank from my EZup by it's handle.
    Simple solution that costs a few bucks.

When I'm misting, it goes back on the ground.
    Just make sure you don't break your ez up
    COACHELLA 2014

Yeah, even though I'm sort of confident that it can support the weight of 2 gallons, especially if I hang it as close to possible to one of the corners, I'll probably only fill it with a gallon when showering. Again, a gallon for showering last 10 minutes, which is PLENTY.

I'm going to be putting the tank on top of my car, which will be covered by a canopy. I'm attaching a tarp in a circle for a "private" shower. This is what I did last year with the help of velcro and bungie cords.

My canopy was able to hold a 2.5gal jug of water attached with bungie cords with no problems.

I will be getting a couple of these to store non-potable water.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...i_sku=10098757

After some lazy research, most water containers on the net/bricknmortar stores max out at 5 gallons. I found these 7 gallon ones.I bought two of them today.

Also, I made a decision regarding showers. (this almost warrants it's own "using your mist system pump as a shower" thread) Didn't buy that little S-hook I posted earlier; instead, I bought this S-biner today. It's a foot long and rated for 100 pounds. It'll easily attach my pump tank to my canopy. (for showers)

Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_tree View Post
    covered by a canopy. I'm attaching a tarp in a circle for a "private" shower.
    I will be doing basically the same thing; putting up either sheets or more tarp or whatever within the confines of my EZup to make a private shower.
    Last edited by lovethelake; 03-31-2011 at 01:24 AM.

After some lazy research, most water containers on the net/bricknmortar stores max out at 5 gallons. I found these 7 gallon ones.I bought two of them today.

Also, I made a decision regarding showers. (this almost warrants it's own "using your mist system pump as a shower" thread) Didn't buy that little S-hook I posted earlier; instead, I bought this S-biner today. It's a foot long and rated for 100 pounds. It'll easily attach my pump tank to my canopy.

I will be doing basically the same thing; putting up either sheets or more tarp or whatever within the confines of my EZup to make a private shower.
    Hopefully I'll be good with just bungie cords again.

I saw those 7gal ones, but I like that these are collapsible. These are cheaper too. I know I'm gonna have to make at least one ralphs trip, so I can bring these along with me to fill up again. Plus if I fill up my 5gal camp shower + 2gal tank I think I'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by fear_the_tree View Post
    I saw those 7gal ones, but I like that these are collapsible. These are cheaper too.
    I definitely considered those, but after reading mixed reviews, and realizing (albeit for more money) that I could store more water with no leakage, I opted for the 7 gallon ones. But I'm sure it'll be fine for you, and I'm just being paranoid and overly cautious.

Here's my set up, and it works PERFECTLY, for under $30! Will attach it to my EZ-up canopy. It comes with 10 feet (6 nozzles) of misting line (perfect for one side of my EZ up) and another 10 feet of non-misting line to run down to the ground/handpump.

I bought this mister system (6 nozzles, $13) It normally is intended to hook into a garden hose, so I just cut off the garden hose connector end, and easily adapted it to my pump.
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

and this 2 gallon hand pump (45 PSI, $18)
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
    Thank you for the info, you made my Coachella experience that much better
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

They had them in stock at my Home Depot but they had to go in the back and open up some pallets. Most Home Depots are getting these but they won't be set up yet as they are going to be up for the next quarter. Be forceful if you have to guys if their system says they have them, make them go look.
    COACHELLA 2014

They had them in stock at my Home Depot but they had to go in the back and open up some pallets. Most Home Depots are getting these but they won't be set up yet as they are going to be up for the next quarter. Be forceful if you have to guys if their system says they have them, make them go look.

I made the poor employee go search for about 20 minutes and still couldn't find ANYTHING. Amazon.com has basically supplied everything I need for coachella this year. Hahaha.