Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Mist Thread

Default Re: Official Mist Thread

holy crap I didn't realize there were NOZZLES you attach. Thanks dumbfound! looks like I jumped the gun on this one, it works beautifully. and the nozzle will work as a shower for sure. This is good stuff.

Maybe because it was 2am and I waited until the last minute to set my misting rig up but I couldnt get it to mist for the life of me it just pumped out water in drops....then I woke up this morning and realized I hadn't attached the misting nozzles to the hose.

Works perfect now. Thanks for all the info guys!

Thanks to OP. Mister worked perfectly. Bought the pump @ Home Depot, ordered the Mister Kit on Amazon.com since Home Depot said it wasn't "in season" yet, waited a couple days for it to arrive, and put it together in less than 10 mins.

I did use the O-ring that came with it and it worked fine, although you'd probably have stronger pressure with a properly-sized 1/4" one. However, our group found the light misting to be more than enough to keep cool. Also, we didnt use the clips that came with the kit (which are probably better at aiming the nozzles downward) and instead used zip ties due to convenience in attaching to the canopy bars.

Worked so well it even inspired me to diagram our campsite's set-up, seeing as I'm a visual person and all.

mistsetup0.JPG

It's supposed to be ultra friggin hot for Week #2 which we are also going to, so it'll come in more handy. And it didn't take up that much space in the car. Here's the full set up on site.
    mistsetup.jpg

Nice diagram Majour. This misting set up is pretty awesome. Easy and affordable. Though getting the misters was the biggest hassle. They told me it wasn't in season, despite the fact it said they were in stock online. I even tried ordering online and they cancelled my order. It turns out they did have the misters and it was in the outdoor/gardening section and not the plumbing section. Pretty awesome set-up though. Glad I got it.

Going to do this for sure this year. Thanks!
    Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

Looking forward to busting out the mister system again this year. Did not need it last year at weekend 1/overcastchella.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...uctId=12327767

Just bought one othese for my canopy.
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

for people who have done the Ez-up + mister camp setup, was there any problems with your stuff getting wet? our plan is to have the ex-up with walls of either sheet or the tarp sets they make, and have our air mattress in side it as a big tent. during the day, my plan was to roll up a wall or too and start misting using the DIY setup, but the gf is concerned that bedding, belongings, etc. will be soaked. only using the mister if its hot we2, obviously, so i would think evap would solve this. any actual experiences?

just assembled mine. works great!

The 2gal hand pump linked in post #2 has horrible reviews on Home Depot's website. Has anyone had problems with it in their misting setup? Amazon has some better reviewed 2 gal pumps by Chapin, but they are more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by mischaw78 View Post
    The 2gal hand pump linked in post #2 has horrible reviews on Home Depot's website. Has anyone had problems with it in their misting setup? Amazon has some better reviewed 2 gal pumps by Chapin, but they are more expensive.
    I have the exact same hand pump as in the #2 instructions, and have had zero problems with it for the misting setup. Without looking at reviews, I'm sure none of the negative reviews use it in the manner we are using it for. If you don't trust that particular pump by all means spend your money on something else.

Because.

Thanks, ManImCool. By the way, I picked up the Logitech Wireless Boombox and it is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Majour View Post
    Thanks to OP. Mister worked perfectly. Bought the pump @ Home Depot, ordered the Mister Kit on Amazon.com since Home Depot said it wasn't "in season" yet, waited a couple days for it to arrive, and put it together in less than 10 mins.

I did use the O-ring that came with it and it worked fine, although you'd probably have stronger pressure with a properly-sized 1/4" one. However, our group found the light misting to be more than enough to keep cool. Also, we didnt use the clips that came with the kit (which are probably better at aiming the nozzles downward) and instead used zip ties due to convenience in attaching to the canopy bars.

Worked so well it even inspired me to diagram our campsite's set-up, seeing as I'm a visual person and all.

mistsetup0.JPG
    awesome thanks

I had not even thought about doing this until someone mentioned it on another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

the one from this thread works absolutely perfectly. no problems yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    the one from this thread works absolutely perfectly. no problems yet.
    Thanks for the feedback. The mister kit arrived yesterday from Amazon. Going to Home Depot tonight!

I can't seem to find where I placed the original mister tubing from post #2 I got 2 years ago so I'm going to have to get another one. Thing is, I live in SF now and 9/10 times packages delivered to me WONT make it to me safely. So instead of ordering one online I'd much rather get one in a store. Thing is, they don't seem to be at any Home Depots even remotely close to me in late March. Are there any other major chain stores (that exist in the bay area) that people know that might have them at this time of the year?

Because.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    I can't seem to find where I placed the original mister tubing from post #2 I got 2 years ago so I'm going to have to get another one. Thing is, I live in SF now and 9/10 times packages delivered to me WONT make it to me safely. So instead of ordering one online I'd much rather get one in a store. Thing is, they don't seem to be at any Home Depots even remotely close to me in late March. Are there any other major chain stores (that exist in the bay area) that people know that might have them at this time of the year?
    Buy it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it shipped to an Amazon Locker in SF. There seems to be plenty, some open 24hours: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200689010

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    The amazon locker mischaw posted might work. I live in Oakland so I get similarly paranoid about packages being stolen if I can't stay home on the delivery day. I signed up for UPS MyChoice and that gives me the option to hold it at the sorting facility for pick-up at a later date. Its kind of annoying but works when I need it to.

So, my boyfriend used the instructions from post #2 to make our mister. We tested it out last night but we were getting nowhere near the one pump per one minute of misting like you guys were describing. We pumped it about 30x to get around 5 mins of misting. Any ideas or troubleshooting advice? I am pretty sure he followed the instructions exactly as listed...thanks in advance for any help we can get.
    Last edited by casey; 03-31-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

tighten your misting nozzles maybe to help keep some pressure?
    check all of the other fittings for tightness.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    So, my boyfriend used the instructions from post #2 to make our mister. We tested it out last night but we were getting nowhere near the one pump per one minute of misting like you guys were describing. We pumped it about 30x to get around 5 mins of misting. Any ideas or troubleshooting advice? I am pretty sure he followed the instructions exactly as listed...thanks in advance for any help we can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    tighten your misting nozzles maybe to help keep some pressure?
    check all of the other fittings for tightness.
    This, tighten everything up see if there are any leaks, also don't pump so much less pressure could be better try it about 20 or so
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Yeah you're definitely losing pressure somewhere. Make sure the pressure release valve on the tank (the yellow circle thing on the tank in post #2) is tight. Also, o-ring might not be a perfect fit. Could even just be a faulty tank, and a quick return and exchange at the hardware store might be the fix.

Because.

Hmm okay...thanks, you guys! I'll have him check & see if he can fix it.

Okay, so he doublechecked everything and then re-tightened everything and the same thing happened. We don't think it's losing pressure because when the mister stops misting, we can release the valve and hear some air come out (meaning there is still pressure in the tank). Is it possible we need a looser o-ring...?

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Okay, so he doublechecked everything and then re-tightened everything and the same thing happened. We don't think it's losing pressure because when the mister stops misting, we can release the valve and hear some air come out (meaning there is still pressure in the tank). Is it possible we need a looser o-ring...?
    How much water is left in the tank? Did you try pumping less than the 30 times?
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Buy it from Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have it shipped to an Amazon Locker in SF. There seems to be plenty, some open 24hours: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200689010
    Did this. Thank you so much! Amazon Locker is PERFECT for someone like me living in the city where if you have something delivered and left at your door, and if you aren't home chances are it won't be there when you do get home. Also, another bonus, the expected delivery day was today, but like most packages I assumed "by end of day". It was delivered to the Amazon Locker this morning at like 9AM. That's super awesome, not having to wait out the entire day.

Because.

Set up this system and i have air pumping through the mist holes but no water. Any ideas?

Is the straw that reaches to the bottom of the tank firmly attached?
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    They say manners are the thread of society. I spent the weekend with a bunch of monkeys who eat spaghetti with their feet, and are proud of it.