Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official Mist Thread

Default Re: Official Mist Thread

i made 2 employees search the shelves, then the back room/receiving, then back to the aisles up high on ladders... they told me the item # so I could help look from the ground to see if I could spot the box with the correct 6 digit item #. I ended up being the one who found the box first, to the employees disbelief. From initial contact with an employee, until I was holding the mister in my hands, was about half an hour. But totally worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    Went to TWO Home Depot's this week to get the mister system, and of course it was the same ordeal as lovethelake. Said they had 20 in stock, but NOBODY COULD FIND THEM! Hoping they'll get put out closer to spring, since they had just started putting out the other misters and cooling equipment. Got the pump though. Now to continue my mission for these damn misters...

Edit: Woops, supposed to be posted from fear_the_tree

Edit #2: YES! ITS ON AMAZON WITH FREE 2 DAY SHIPPING! Its a couple dollars more, but I'll save that in gas and time.
    Home Depot here in Oregon and Washington do not have the mister system so I found a 1/8" set up on Costco.com and it works very well and uses less water than the 1/4" system. We got 2 of them and 1 of the 1/4" ones just in case, but the 1/8" is great actually and provides plenty of mist from the distance of the canopy to a chair under it. It is $19.99 though and no extra cost for shipping. For anyone else that does not have any available at Home Depot here is the link for Costco's: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    Home Depot here in Oregon and Washington do not have the mister system so I found a 1/8" set up on Costco.com and it works very well and uses less water than the 1/4" system. We got 2 of them and 1 of the 1/4" ones just in case, but the 1/8" is great actually and provides plenty of mist from the distance of the canopy to a chair under it. It is $19.99 though and no extra cost for shipping. For anyone else that does not have any available at Home Depot here is the link for Costco's: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1
    Have you hooked it up and tested it yet? how long does it last you/how much water an hour?

Anyone want to build me one of these and ship it my way by the 13th? Happy to pay for your time. Normally I'd pull this off myself, but I'm going to be out of the country until the day before coachella.

Seems like you guys have come up with the perfect shower/mist system.

Build that shit on thursday then! It takes minutes to assemble.

Anybody try using this one or something similar? 4 gallon capacity would be cool, guess it doesn't really matter but I wonder if it works any different?

http://www.harborfreight.com/lawn-ga...yer-65040.html
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

I don't know why it wouldn't work, it just needs to be able to provide enough pressure. My sprayer specifically lists 45 PSI, and you don't want to go much lower than that. I don't see a PSI for the one you listed, but as long as it can crank out 45 psi it should work.

When you all get tired of constantly manually pumping your sprayers, come visit my camp and relax on the couch while an electric pump does all the work and an oscillating fan blows the mist around

Itll be at the 30' Pirate Flag
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Quote Originally Posted by Jankypirate View Post
    When you all get tired of constantly manually pumping your sprayers, come visit my camp and relax on the couch while an electric pump does all the work and an oscillating fan blows the mist around

You realize you only have to pump it like 10 times or so in the beginning then like once every so often, if that haha it's not like it's exhausting or anything.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Oscillating fan? That shit's for sissies. I'm towing in my hurricane simulator; it doesn't specifically say in the rules "NO HURRICANE SIMULATORS". Oh, and some 40' stakes to keep my shit from flying away.

If you get tired of constantly being surrounded by smelly dudes dressed as pirates who are way into being in pirate character, come visit my camp.

It'll be at the campsite with a pump sprayer mister system using the natural indio breeze cooling down attractive blonde drunk/high chicks in their 20's, using our slip n slide. I know there is an outside chance there may be multiple campsites that look like this, so you take a gamble on approaching the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    You realize you only have to pump it like 10 times or so in the beginning then like once every so often, if that haha it's not like it's exhausting or anything.
    ^ This.

When he asks us to help jump start his dead car battery on Monday morning I'm going to smile, wink, and hand him some sort of handpump jumpstarter and drive away giggling harshly.

I figured that pressure would fall below the 40+ psi required for the nozzles pretty quickly? but Ive never made a hand pumped mister system before..

Either way I put my system together for less than $50 using a craigslist pump and it was proven last year. My trucks diesel so the dual batteries last a looong time.

No need for the aggression lovethelake
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

I figured that pressure would fall below the 40+ psi required for the nozzles pretty quickly? but Ive never made a hand pumped mister system before..
    Negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.

You'd have to sit there a long time and basically forget about the misters before they stopped cranking out mist.

Unhappy Re: Official Mist Thread

Oh man, I want to make one of these simple hand pump setups so bad, but no misting hose in stock anywhere near me...

I had my friend buy the mist hose at the HD near her, and I bought the sprayer and #5 oring. We're putting it together when we meet up. What do I need for assembly? Just some scissors to cut the hose connector off?

bingo. just scissors.don't forget the screw cap that comes with the sprayer intended for attaching the nozzle! setting it up will take 2 minutes

The mist rig was great success! At one point on Sunday while waiting for later sets to start, we unhooked the mister rig, reattached the sprayer nozzle that came with the pump tank, and then just started blasting people in our campsite at point blank range for even more extreme mist-tastic relief.

Thanks for all the work. I didn't see this thread before coachella but will have one of these ready to go for a memorial day music festival in the moab desert memorial day weekend.

Best thread ever, if you used a Mist rig ahaha. It was soooo cold
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I went ahead with the hand pump set-up this year. Everything tested perfect at home and worked well in the first day or two at Coachella. I started running into one problem tho, some of the mister heads stopped working. I concluded that this was because they were clogged. Anybody else have this problem?

I had two 6 gallon jugs filled with tap water that I used to fill the pump with. I think that the problem was the tap water because its not purified. Deciding whether to fill the jugs up with distilled water next time, bring extra nozzle heads, or figure out a way to clean the original ones on site.

Quote Originally Posted by Afgryder View Post
    I went ahead with the hand pump set-up this year. Everything tested perfect at home and worked well in the first day or two at Coachella. I started running into one problem tho, some of the mister heads stopped working. I concluded that this was because they were clogged. Anybody else have this problem?

I had two 6 gallon jugs filled with tap water that I used to fill the pump with. I think that the problem was the tap water because its not purified. Deciding whether to fill the jugs up with distilled water next time, bring extra nozzle heads, or figure out a way to clean the original ones on site.
    Shouldn't have made that much of a difference I ran tap water all weekend, actually by Sunday I was filling up through the spicket on the shower trailer.

Are you sure you had enough pressure to get through all of the nozzles. Also it is possible they could have gotten clogged through dirt.
    COACHELLA 2014

fuck mist, 55 gallon drums of water and dip stick squirt guns, sprayers opened up to full blast....soakchella.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    fuck mist, 55 gallon drums of water and dip stick squirt guns, sprayers opened up to full blast....soakchella.
    Psh, sitting under a canopy in shade, the mister is on and you're drinking a nice cold one, coldchella and vacachella at its best.
    COACHELLA 2014

and then the goat comes through with a dipstick of ice water and blasts you outta your fucking chair and soaks your whole solar set up, sending your whole camp into flames.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

and then the goat comes through with a dipstick of ice water and blasts you outta your fucking chair and soaks your whole solar set up, sending your whole camp into flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I hate it when my campsite goes up in flames
    COACHELLA 2014

me too....spray on sunscreen and a lighter to the tents.....see if ypur misters will put the fire out
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Shouldn't have made that much of a difference I ran tap water all weekend, actually by Sunday I was filling up through the spicket on the shower trailer.
    I definitely was just filling up my 7-gallon jug through the shower trailer spigot as well, despite the glares from the people waiting behind me.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by Afgryder View Post

Hard Water causes the clogging issue. They have filters at Home Depot in the misting area that you can connect within the line that cleans that up.

You can also take a small container of CLR and dip the heads in it then rinse them before attaching.

One trick - before attaching ANY heads to the unit (or if heads are on - TAKE THEM OFF)...pump water through the main line to clean out any dirt/dust/etc....you should do this after every storage. After 3 seconds of full lines open shut it off then attach the heads.....you'll be clear sailing.

The misty mate system I have is 100% AWESOME! Runs on a small battery - lasts for 13 hours on one charge and it's mist galore.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

People need to see this awesomeness.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2013 Coachella FF Team = Demaryius Targaryen