Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bjork is back (with a 30ft pendulum)

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Bjork is back (with a 30ft pendulum)

I can't recall if i ever get patted down at the Bowl, I don't think they do that, so if you have a camera in your pocket you should be able to walk right in. They do check bags. I have been there mostly for Bowl events though...I was at one lease event last year, but i can't remember if the security was really any different besides not letting you bring cooler sand shit in
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    how strict are they with this bs no cameras policy for lease events at the bowl?
    What show did you get searched? Lol

Cool thx..i'll take my point and shoot!
    Can't recall the last time I was there for lease event

THAT MASK THO

that encore

That description
    Translation

Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

WOW JUST WOW! She played Hunter and my life is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    THAT MASK THO

Fucking awesome pic! Dam the bowl were Nazis about taking pics this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin170 View Post
    WOW JUST WOW! She played Hunter and my life is complete.
    qft
    12/22 - Beachwood Sparks, et al - Echoplex
    12/30 - Together Pangea - Echo
    1/10 - Flesh Eaters - Echoplex (?)
    1/20 - Guster - HOB Anaheim (?)
    1/29 - Patti Smith - Ace (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

So what are the main differences between one of these shows and a Biophilia show? Did she still have the tesla coils?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

So, when did the Hollywood Bowl start overselling their shows? Had to "move over" for "people without seats". How can you get into the Hollywood Bowl without seats?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    So, when did the Hollywood Bowl start overselling their shows? Had to "move over" for "people without seats". How can you get into the Hollywood Bowl without seats?
    1) Did you actually ask the usher to check their tickets?
    2) For two shows that I saw at HB, a lot of "guests" were sitting in Garden section. I saw Nick Zinner with more than 4 people in his box section so people might have tried to get better seats last night if you had to move...
    3) Did they have a press/vip pass? If so, they can basically stand/sit anywhere so that might have been the case! Hopefully you still enjoyed the show Was she wearing that mask for the whole show?!

12/18 DJ Qu/Lauren Ritter @ Good Room
    12/19 Matthew Dear/Paco Osuna @ Verboten
    12/20 Solomun/Adriatique/David August @ TBA

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    1) Did you actually ask the usher to check their tickets?
    2) For two shows that I saw at HB, a lot of "guests" were sitting in Garden section. I saw Nick Zinner with more than 4 people in his box section so people might have tried to get better seats last night if you had to move...
    3) Did they have a press/vip pass? If so, they can basically stand/sit anywhere so that might have been the case! Hopefully you still enjoyed the show Was she wearing that mask for the whole show?!
    I missed the awesome mask! The times I was looking at the screens she wasn't wearing it.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Really amazing set last night. Very interesting arrangements of old favorites - the ending to hyper ballad was bonkers!
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

No Isobel or Virus last night scares me that we wont be getting those tracks at Roo this weekend. Those are my top two to see :-(

At least she did Unravel...

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows

Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015, SDCC 7/9-12/2015

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Possibly Maybe and Heirloom were very unexpected and very awesome. Not so awesome were the group of flamers behind us being loud and obnoxious the whole show. Kinda comes with the territory though, Bjork fans are some of the worst out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Mind = Blown.... Bjork - Thank you very much!
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

I found the flamers to be one of the better parts of the show.

That was fucking awesome though. The end to hyperballad was just SO dope. Possibly Maybe was also a delightful surprise. And I was surprised how well a lot of the Biophilia material did.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    WTF?? She was wearing this?? From where I was, I thought she was just wearing a blue dress. I didn't realize she was wearing a pinhead mask. Jesus.

Awesome show last night! Pretty happy with the setlist and how everything sounded. Also happy with the commute. I am now in LA again and took the train to the show. Super easy!
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    So what are the main differences between one of these shows and a Biophilia show? Did she still have the tesla coils?
    The differences were pretty minor. It obviously wasn't "in the round" so Bjork was front and center the whole time. The Tesla coil was still there, but more toward the back. The pendulum thing was absent. The set was still biophilia-heavy and the visuals were the same. The biggest difference was how much better the sound was compared to the palladium. Everything sounded bigger, including bjork, which is what I expect from a bjork show. I enjoyed last night's show much more than the palladium show, for that reason. It's hard to choose which setlist I liked better, as I love every song bjork has ever written, but she played nothing from Medulla last night, nor did she play "Generous Palmstroke", which isn't very surprising. Oh and "nattura" had fire.

She did play Sonnets/Unrealities XI from Medulla, but that's more like a snippet of a song, so yeah.

And man, yes the sound. I was 6th row in the pool circle, and the sound was possibly the best I've heard at any venue. When the bass would kick in during various songs it was just thunderous.

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Was it quite possibly the greatest fever dream you have ever seen?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Anyone else notice that there was no harpist? For her palladium shows there was someone on Harp and for this show there was not. Found it strange. I got to see 3 of her 4 shows and the Wednesday night palladium show was my favorite. Can't wait to see her again, whenever it might happen.

Last night was fucking proper...

then we all did zombie walk out of the venue.

The gays really got a kick out of Bjork's 'thank you' after every song, didn't they?

I ended up with bogus tickets from StubHub so that was a bummer. Too good of a price turned out to be too good to be true.
    Hollywood Bowl handled it best they could but my friend and I decided not to pay to go in. Shitty, but still managed to have a fun night. StubHub really was on top of their shit. I got fully refunded within 10 minutes of calling them this morning + a $100 credit.
    Never buy a ticket from DOROTHY HOLMES if you can help it. Hollywood Bowl has had lots of fake ticket problems with that name.

I was bummed to miss Bjork, especially at the Bowl but I got my fill of Biophillia at the Palladium so...could be worse.

Last week I made a few comments about being rather let down by the palladium show. I let that sink in a bit and kept thinking about the show and why I was disappointed in it. I was with a friend I haven't seen in a while, had a few drinks and was feeling great and very excited for the show. I do think a lot of it was my own hype about it.

I avoided reading too much about it as I wanted everything to new but i was
    just expecting so much...more. Considering it's Bjork doing something truly unique and special I really was expecting to seeing something that would blow me away. Her Ipad app is pretty fantastic. Perhaps something interactive? Maybe unique sound? Visual elements that extend past the stage and take up part of the venue? Maybe something like that.

The best part of the show was Bjork herself. She sounded great, lovely voice. Yes the show was "intimate" but I didn't find it that special beyond that.
    My problems:

1. Biophilia is probably my least favorite album of hers (though I still really like it) so a set list heavy on that was OK with me but the live the songs felt flat. Dead. All the songs sound the same and seemed to run into each other. Even the classics she busted out felt lifeless. Perhaps it was the sound at the Palladium or the arrangements or instruments she used. or a mix of it it all but audible I didn't love much of these songs, though it was never bad it always felt a bit meh to me. The choir got old for me as well. I did love finally hearing Possibly, Maybe with the tesla coil, that was great.

2. Visuals. This was probably the biggest let down for me. I was on the right hand side of stage. So for visuals we get TV screens showing segments of her music videos, app projects and boring visuals of starfish and the moon. The pendulum sounded cool but I really couldn't see what it was doing from where I was. The baby Tesla coil was cool when it was on. All of that only seemed to be on at the same time for half the songs. A good amount of the songs were just white spotlight on the band. That was it? Really? It also seemed way too bright in the palladium.

3. The connection between technology and nature is a great idea for Bjork but none of that came through at the Biophilia show IMO. I liked hearing David attenborough but nothing between the music and visual made me think about nature and technology and the connection between the two or whatever idea or theme she was trying to get across.

I love Bjork dearly and was looking forward to this for over a year but for $90 I was pretty much 'meh' on the whole thing.
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

The gays really got a kick out of Bjork's 'thank you' after every song, didn't they?
    "Sank you! She's so cute! She's like a pikachu!"

Bjork gays are the worst gays.
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

'Pikachu' -- LOL.