Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Bjork is back (with a 30ft pendulum)

Default Re: Bjork is back (with a 30ft pendulum)

Sushi Kinoya is where I'd go. Sushi on Fire is always recommended to me by friends if its closer to where you go out, but I've never been. Never go out to seafood/fish houses I realize... I always hear there are amazing places in town but I'm too cheap!

But yeah, Fingerprints. Nicest staff. Can't go wrong.
    Last edited by cutterbutter; 06-04-2013 at 12:13 PM.

My cousin took us to Niko Niko sushi at the Cerritos Towne Center (I think they are a local chain). They swear by it. I had the teriyaki plate because I don't like sushi and thought it was really good. They all seemed to enjoy their sushi and was reasonably priced. We went there prior to going to a movie.

Caveat: they have some mediocre reviews on Yelp. We enjoyed our dinner the particular night we went. Grain of salt.
    Last edited by nahuatldream; 06-04-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    My cousin took us to Niko Niko sushi at the Cerritos Towne Center (I think they are a local chain). They swear by it. I had the teriyaki plate because I don't like sushi and thought it was really good. They all seemed to enjoy their sushi and was reasonably priced. We went there prior to going to a movie.

Caveat: they have some mediocre reviews on Yelp. We enjoyed our dinner the particular night we went. Grain of salt.
    The Niko Niko by the Greek has usually been pretty damn good. I feel like reviewers on yelp, you can't always trust their palate, some people like really disgusting quality things and then other people really are snarky about how "this shop isn't like this other one I always go to"

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

There are supposed to be some great places in Long Beach to get crab legs for cheap (compared other places in L.A.) but I don't know the area well enough.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Oh fuck, I need to eat some crab legs and sushi soon, AND SEE BJORK. Damn you temptations.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

There's a new place in Little Tokyo called SPICY CRAB SHACK. i've been there twice so far and stuffed my face with the legs of crabs, along with shrimps, crawfish, calimari, and oysters. OM NOM NOM
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Oh fuck, I need to eat some crab legs and sushi soon, AND SEE BJORK. Damn you temptations.
    Buy my tickets for the Palladium show tomorrow! Haha. Get some sushi after. The GA line was crazy long on Sunday...then, it was a weekend. We had seats so it was just annoying to have to stand in line.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    There's a new place in Little Tokyo called SPICY CRAB SHACK. i've been there twice so far and stuffed my face with the legs of crabs, along with shrimps, crawfish, calimari, and oysters. OM NOM NOM

STOP IT.
    Last edited by Mugwog; 06-04-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    Buy my tickets for the Palladium show tomorrow! Haha. Get some sushi after. The GA line was crazy long on Sunday...then, it was a weekend. We had seats so it was just annoying to have to stand in line.
    I want to see her at the Bowl

Plus I'm vending at a reggae festival this weekend.

Optimal weekend will be - Sell out of goods at festival, buy bjork tickets for bowl (wherever the seats may be), eat amazing seafood at SPICY CRAB SHACK, see bjork, then detox out all the goods at Wi Spa in downtown (Korean Bath Houses are BALLER)

thank you for all of the recommendations! Now im really hungry too haha
    Boubakiki>Tom Odell>Flatbush Zombies>GOAT>Austra>MS MR>Jagwar Ma>HAIM>Shlohmo>Bonobo>Woodkid>Bryan Ferry>The Knife>Outkast>
    Syd Arthur>Sander Kleinenberg>Temples>Guy Gerber>Julian Casablancas>Warpaint>Future Islands>Lorde>Pixies>Pharrell>Muse>
    Trombone Shorty>Fishbone>Poolside>Scuba>Rudimental>Blood Orange>ill-Esha>Aluna George>Little Dragon>The Toy Dolls>Lana Del Rey> Beck>Motorhead>Netsky>Arcade Fire

I'm selling tickets to the Bowl. check my other whiny thread. send me a pm, seriously. they're in section h. also got a pair in section f. whichever pair doesn't sell is going to my cousins, lol. we'll be in the terrace.

whiney pain in butt

BJERK!!!!!!!! I'M SO PUMPED FOR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all sorts of excited for tonight

Right there with ya
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

If anyone is interested, $125 for the pair for tonight. Make me an offer. Else they go unused. Hit me up ASAP.

People in attendance tonight got Hidden Place > Unravel > Joga at one point in the show. Bastards.

Setlist: http://instagram.com/p/aNKMd4SJrm/
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    People in attendance tonight got Hidden Place > Unravel > Joga at one point in the show. Bastards.

Yea, it was a pretty nice set all around.

And why isn't anyone talking about the pendulums? Each of the four rotates to expose the string to the pick in order to change notes. From like 8 feet away, it was pretty mind blowing to hear it play solstice.
    Last edited by PlayaDelWes; 06-05-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Yea, it was a pretty nice set all around.

And why isn't anyone talking about that pendulums? Each of the four rotates to expose the string to the pick in order to change notes. From like 8 feet away, it was pretty mind blowing to hear it play solstice.
    The pendulum was pretty amazing. Also... muthafuckin tesla coil!

Outstanding show!

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post

Yes. I was very happy we got these. Especially, Unravel. Great show!

UUUNNNNNNNNGG!!

So....Was I the only one who was completely underwhelmed by the whole thing?

Perhaps it was my fault letting my expectations get so high but...that was it?
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Big thank you to nahuatldream for giving me his extra ticket he was selling today! That helped out Matt (N. Milk Hotel) and myself to score cheap tickets to one of the BEST shows I've seen this year. Pretty much everything about that show was thought out to perfection. Did anyone see the teleprompters she had on four sides of the stage that indicated a realtime sound graph with the lyrics? The Reactable instrument was there as well!

I think the Hbowl show will have a very similar set list rather than a "greatest hits".

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    So....Was I the only one who was completely underwhelmed by the whole thing?

Perhaps it was my fault letting my expectations get so high but...that was it?
    Go on...

Quote Originally Posted by brokenDREAMS View Post
    Big thank you to nahuatldream for giving me his extra ticket he was selling today! That helped out Matt (N. Milk Hotel) and myself to score cheap tickets to one of the BEST shows I've seen this year. Pretty much everything about that show was thought out to perfection. Did anyone see the teleprompters she had on four sides of the stage that indicated a realtime sound graph with the lyrics? The Reactable instrument was there as well!

I think the Hbowl show will have a very similar set list rather than a "greatest hits".
    Nice, glad they got used, and by a boardie no less. Karma BETTER reward me now, lol. Yeah, we sat in B1 row 1, for the Sunday show so I could actually follow along with her when she was playing biophilia songs, as well as the others (they would show lyrics). I noticed she changed a few words here and there, haha. I remember something similar from years ago on PBS, where they would play classical music and have sound graphs displaying on the screen to represent all the instruments. It was cool.

Any idea how early I might have to get to the Hollywood Palladium tomorrow in order to get a decent GA spot?

I showed up at 7:30 and the line was literally three blocks long. (moved fast though... Seriously only took about 10-15 minutes to get in from that point) Managed to get in, get a beer and still have a great spot to enjoy the show. (Ended up standing just behind seating section B). So I don't think you need to stress it too much.

tickets wont sell out and there was always plenty of room on the far side of the venue

Wowowowowow that was so flipping great! Got a setlist too. Wish I could make the Bowl show

Check out my concert photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/ameeps/
    August
    1 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    2 - Arcade Fire - Forum
    4 - Arcade Fire - Santa Barbara Bowl
    8-10 - Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park
    14 - Death From Above 1979 - Troubadour
    20 - The Strokes - Chelsea at Cosmopolitan

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Björk
    come back here tomorrow for exciting news on the next biophilia announcement...

It's going to be in Asia.