Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Acts you regret missing?

Default Re: Acts you regret missing?

2010- them crooked vultures, passion pit, plastikman, spoon, deerhunter

2009- friendly fires, fleet foxes, atmosphere, ghostland observatory, public enemy

2008- animal collective, justice, black mountain, slightly stoopid

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I was hanging out in the beer garden directly behind the Sahara during the Plump DJs, so I heard them but didn't want to go deep into the Sahara. Bad decision.
    I was at the Main Stage beer garden and had Michael Franti & Spearhead in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    The Dead Weather

went to Les Claypool ....loved it...tried to leave and see the 2nd half, but it was way too packed to see anything...
    You'd regret it more if you tried watching the Dead Weather instead
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Phoenix last year

Daft Punk in 06 (although to be fair I wasn't that into that type of music back then)

:'(

Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    Daft Punk in 06
    :'(
    prime time of your life.

now...

live it.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Jonsi in 2010.

Came up as he was closing his set. Everyone was dead still and silent, and some people were even brought to tears. His beautiful Icelandic voice took over that area of the fest in a good way. Really epic to see, but wish I had seen more.

I passed on Fever Ray and Deadmau5 last year in favor of Jay-Z...I'm not sure if I would have snuck off to catch their sets for a little bit; but I definitely had no choice but to solely stay at Jay-Z as my girlfriend was in attendance with me.

I know Jay Z went on kind of late but I could have sworn that there wasn't that much overlap between him and Deadmau5 at least

Fuck my memory is shot for that night
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjerm23 View Post
    I passed on Fever Ray and Deadmau5 last year in favor of Jay-Z...I'm not sure if I would have snuck off to catch their sets for a little bit; but I definitely had no choice but to solely stay at Jay-Z as my girlfriend was in attendance with me.
    You act like you weren't singing along to every single song.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    I know Jay Z went on kind of late but I could have sworn that there wasn't that much overlap between him and Deadmau5 at least

Fuck my memory is shot for that night
    After Jay-Z ended I quickly tried making a B-line for the Sahara tent...I had just passed the Mojave tent when the masses from the Sahara started coming my way...too late. Jay-Z went on at 10:50 and Deadmau5 from 11:35 - 12:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    You act like you weren't singing along to every single song.
    I would rather listen to Jay-Z than the other 2...I'm not denying that. However, that doesn't mean that I wouldn't have done half sets if I had the chance.

[QUOTE=bigjerm23;2075354]After Jay-Z ended I quickly tried making a B-line for the Sahara tent...I had just passed the Mojave tent when the masses from the Sahara started coming my way...too late. Jay-Z went on at 10:50 and Deadmau5 from 11:35 - 12:50.

As my foggy memory comes back I am pretty sure Jay-Z went on stage WAY AFTER 10:50...along with a 10 minute countdown for him to get his shit started when he was already late.

fever ray. i'm not mad i watched jay-z though. wish i could have done both.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I totally nubbed it last year, and didnt do much research ahead of time. Therefore, I missed a few acts that I would love to see now. Others that I knew about I missed for other dumb reasons

Friday 2010: Dillinger Escape Plan (I hadnt slept in nearly 2 days, so I was resting at my tent), Wolfgang Gartner

Saturday 2010: The Temper Trap, Bassnectar (caught the last song), 2ManyDJ's (in favor of Tiesto, rookie mistake. Never listening to my friend's terrible taste in music again)

Sunday 2010: Infected Mushroom

This year, Im making sure Im much better prepared. Researched the entire lineup, and Ill be planning who I see ahead of time

2008- justice
    2010- dj lance rock & shooter jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Shultz View Post
    Definitely Beirut in 2009.

I saw a few songs of Beirut's set but was unfortunately drawn away by the knowledge that Morrissey, my obsession at the time who I had seen three times prior, was playing on the main stage. I ran over to Morrissey to see him play a song he's played every time I've seen him ("Irish Blood, English Heart") and then ran back... to the Sahara to watch Girl Talk be late and then play music consisting of songs that haven't been very relevant for a number of years. Some girl with long hair was standing in front of me during Girl Talk's set. She kept jumping in the air. Each time she did this her long hair would somehow enter my mouth. This factor was what made me realize that I had made a horrible mistake.
    Tisk tisk my friend. Beirut blew my hair back. Plus, the crowed wasn't even that big. I was front and center.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

2006 - Daft Punk. I believe I was watching She Wants Revenge. I don't know what I was thinking.
    '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10.

FEVER FUCKING RAY

9/23 Modest Mouse @ Pappy & Harriet's
    10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory

off the top of my head Fratellis. My friend insisted on Regina Spektor to get bitches, but he wound up derping with some pickup lines

Ive been to the last 5 coachellas, and Ive only regretted missing a couple bands:

Dungen in 2006(Somewhere around this year if not 2006)

There was bad conflict between beach house and band of skulls. Im a more loyal fan to beach house, but I couldnt deny how much better they sounded at that hour of the day.

I missed Les Claypool last year, but Im almost 100% sure that the Dead Weather was the better choice(This had to have been one of their best shows ever, the following Palladium show wasnt half as good)

-Fever Ray
    -Plastikman
    -DJ Lance Rock
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

muse (04), MF Doom, le tigre, four tet, black star.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

King Khan and the Shrines, Band of Skulls. Saw Infected in '10 and was kinda disappointed. Would have been better in a later slot and if I was fucked up

Quote Originally Posted by username44 View Post
    Ive been to the last 5 coachellas, and Ive only regretted missing a couple bands:

Dungen in 2006(Somewhere around this year if not 2006)

There was bad conflict between beach house and band of skulls. Im a more loyal fan to beach house, but I couldnt deny how much better they sounded at that hour of the day.

I missed Les Claypool last year, but Im almost 100% sure that the Dead Weather was the better choice(This had to have been one of their best shows ever, the following Palladium show wasnt half as good)
    Les Claypool was AWESOME!!!

I had to choose as well and missed The Dead Weather ....sucked

They were the top 2 groups I wanted to see and to have them stacked on the same day at the same time....I could not believe it....pissed me off when the schedule came out...o well...
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like thisÖand totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

My biggest regret is missing Beirut in 2009. For no good reason other than I had just had my face fucked by Ghostland's lasers. What an idiot.

Looking back on 2008 I had a ton of misses with it being my first Coachella, but I was at the important ones (Kraftwerk-->Portishead)
    Last edited by Harrisment; 03-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GamorreanGuard View Post
    2006 - Daft Punk. I believe I was watching She Wants Revenge. I don't know what I was thinking.
    Almost same shit here...that was my virgin year and I was there to see Depeche Mode (haven't missed a year since). After DM, we stopped to see She Wants Revenge before going over to Daft. What the fuck was I thinking.?? I mean, I liked daft and used to spin homework quite often at underground parties, and i was like ok...lets check em out...little did we know. We caught them for the last 25 mins or so, but it was almost life changing. Fucking Epic!! The best Coachella performance ever hands down (well, at least for me and my gf).

Well we ended up catching the pyramid again a few months later at the LA sports arena...atonement, for such ignorance.

I love depeche, but I would trade 1 daft punk alive show for 5 depeche shows.
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

She Wants Revenge in 2006 - I was busy having my very molecules scrambled at Daft Punk. Maybe this year...

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyinLA View Post
    She Wants Revenge in 2006 - I was busy having my very molecules scrambled at Daft Punk. Maybe this year...
    ORLY? Seriously?
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

For me it's Thom Yorke last year... For some reason I had this vicious desire to see Plastikman instead, which ended up sucking the worst of all ballz. Took off about 45 minutes in and caught the last song or to of Thom's set and found myself wishing I had caught it all...

also we left Kraftwerk about 45 minutes in so we missed the last 15 minutes in 08 so that we could get to the Mojave in time for Animal Collective's start, which was a big mistake because AC ended up starting about 30 minutes late. FML

missing the last like 30-45 of flylos set last year. dammit
    the music is what its all about, you love it just like i love it.