Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 41

Thread: AIR tour the US!!!

  1. #1
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default AIR tour the US!!!

    And the bastards skip LA...how the hell is that possible? Take a look for yourself...

    http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/ne...American_Dates

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie dorkfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    12,277

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    they skip LA to play Coachella.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

  3. #3
    Member sddoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Once again i'll miss them in Phoenix....because I'll be at Coachella!

  4. #4
    Lurker wanmonei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    40

    Lightbulb Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    jajaj cant believe this shit... I live in miami and I know that all this bands dont come to this fucking fashion town

  5. #5
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dorkfish View Post
    they skip LA to play Coachella.
    Yeah but I REALLY wanted to see them at a solo gig...what a crock!

  6. #6
    Member CuervoPH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dover, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Sweet! They play in D.C. on my birthday.

  7. #7
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,458

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    I am going to see them in Vegas on my way to coachella...yay!
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  8. #8
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    FUCKING HELL!!!!! They're playing in Phoenix on April 27th just like Placebo! MOTHERFUCK!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  9. #9
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Anyone want to make a roadtrip with me to Vegas 4-26?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  10. #10
    Member sddoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    FUCKING HELL!!!!! They're playing in Phoenix on April 27th just like Placebo! MOTHERFUCK!!
    Exactly...Air pulled the same thing in '04. They played on that saturday in phx and then sunday at coach, but I can't complain I caught their entire set on that sunday. Oh well, I will see them on a sunday again at Coachella. But it would be nice to catch them on a solo date

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denvah
    Posts
    8,516

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Will you not talk the whole way, cuz then im in.

  12. #12
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Oh shit. I have to drive to the campground on 4-26. Goddamnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  13. #13
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    I would totally road trip to Vegas to see them on the 26th but I am already seeing Arcade Fire in San Diego...they should play LA right after Coachella before they leave for the East Coast.

  14. #14
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,764

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Oh shit. I have to drive to the campground on 4-26. Goddamnit.
    Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,182

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Suprefan is a scalping bastard!

    Just kidding, ThomThom.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    And the bastards skip LA...how the hell is that possible? Take a look for yourself...
    Mogwai did the same thing last year. The suffering continues as I wait to see them do a headlining gig.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

  16. #16
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    LOL, my feathers were getting ruffled, good one
    Last edited by ThomThom; 03-09-2007 at 09:52 AM.

  17. #17
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,664

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Playing Coachella should not be used as an excuse to avoid LA...it should be a bonus. I can understand a big band not playing close to the festival dates, but most bands should play LA by at least September, but a lot don't. I just hope Air comes back in September again.

  18. #18
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Playing Coachella should not be used as an excuse to avoid LA...it should be a bonus. I can understand a big band not playing close to the festival dates, but most bands should play LA by at least September, but a lot don't. I just hope Air comes back in September again.
    I just thing it is wrong that while they are already out in this area they can't sneak a small show in there somewhere...I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they come back in the fall...bastards.

  19. #19
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    I feel like we should have a thread with a Pitchfork RSS Feed. I mean...who on here doesn't read pitchfork?

  20. #20
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    I feel like we should have a thread with a Pitchfork RSS Feed. I mean...who on here doesn't read pitchfork?
    That would get messy, at times on PF there are many things that are completely irrelevant, we should just limit it to whoever reads what posts it, I don't know that just my two cents...

  21. #21
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I just thing it is wrong that while they are already out in this area they can't sneak a small show in there somewhere...I guess we'll just have to wait and see if they come back in the fall...bastards.
    They're actually usually not allowed to. Coachella has an agreement with artists who play that, with some exceptions, they are not to play shows in the LA area for a specified time (I forget how long Peaches said it is, but we were able to get her out of it by putting on a free show, which is allowed). So, yeah, it's a helluva bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  22. #22
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    BMack,

    What are the chances of Arcade Fire playing at Royce hall this year???...Sorry for being rude and/or intrusive but I really had to ask that.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,488

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Air must be A LOT bigger in the states than in Canada.
    They are playing Richards on Richards in Vancouver, which holds about 700-800 people. And I have not heard anything about it until today.
    Then in the states they are playing much bigger venues like theatres and the such.
    And at Coachella, according to what I have heard in discussion, they may be closing the second stage or playing the main stage?
    The US and Canada have vastly differen tastes it appears haha.

  24. #24
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Air is playing a 1,000 capacity venue in Tempe, Arizona. I doubt they'll sell out though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  25. #25
    Member smokealotapotamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    682

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Looks like I'll be checking out the Tacoma and perhaps the Portland shows

  26. #26
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    40,764

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Air is playing a 1,000 capacity venue in Tempe, Arizona. I doubt they'll sell out though.
    yes but they're also playing a 60,000 capacity venue in Indio, California, which they've already sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  27. #27
    The Encyclopedia bmack86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bishop, CA
    Posts
    27,998

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    BMack,

    What are the chances of Arcade Fire playing at Royce hall this year???...Sorry for being rude and/or intrusive but I really had to ask that.
    We're actually workin' on it. It's mostly a question of budgets. I'm not sure if we'd be able to afford the initial investment, but we're trying to find the funds to get them to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

  28. #28
    Member AEversW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Bakersfield, california
    Posts
    1,389

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    We're actually workin' on it. It's mostly a question of budgets. I'm not sure if we'd be able to afford the initial investment, but we're trying to find the funds to get them to come.
    Arcade Fire at Royce would be amazing! Im planning on going to the Ben Gibbard David Bazan show!
    lollipops and crisps

  29. #29
    ASS FACE ThomThom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    9,576

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    We're actually workin' on it. It's mostly a question of budgets. I'm not sure if we'd be able to afford the initial investment, but we're trying to find the funds to get them to come.
    Can I donate??? Dear God I would love for them to play Royce Hall!

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brentwood, CA
    Posts
    6,182

    Default Re: AIR tour the US!!!

    Air headlined a date at the Bowl in September of '04.....which was, yes, roughly 5 months after their performance at that year's Coachella. They played with Stereolab. I've always wished I saw that show.

    Maybe they'll do another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

Similar Threads

  1. Radiohead to tour this year???
    By FakePlasticMe in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
  2. MEW US TOUR!
    By RockStr4Life in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 04:50 PM
  3. MEW US TOUR!
    By RockStr4Life in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 07:50 PM
  4. Faithless Tour
    By DanMonk in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 08:33 PM
  5. Smashing P tour
    By interpolado in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •