Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Default Re: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post
    You've been a member here since 2007, I'm surprised you're not used to those types of responses

Anyways:

10 Gallon Solar Summer Shower By Advanced Elements

http://www.smarthome.com/31144/Summe...-Shower/p.aspx
    I hate to revisit an old topic, but I also hate to be silenced.

For the record, I've been a memeber since 2002, I just forgot my old password a long time ago and made up a new one. I love you guys, but some of you are rude for no reason. Yes, I will ignore that one douche comment.

Anyways...
    DnB Soulja had a point. I did the math and a 10 gallon shower is too heavy for the EZ Up to handle. I don't want it to break either. Something like 41lbs.! That is a lot! But as I said, I've seen it done better with a bigger one.. funny joke guys.. I didn't see that one coming, but um.. it's the truth either way! I remember he hung it from one of the corners and it worked beautifully. However I am not as mechanically inclined.. I don't remember how he did it. This is becoming a dilemma. Has anyone else hung a solar shower from their EZ Up? Does it work?

Default Re: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Earplugs for sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Advice to those with canopy's - BUY THE SIDE SHADES that you hang to block the sun from the sides. In the morning the side shade will keep the sun off you....or if you forget lower the side of the canopy facing east (all the way down) and raise the side facing west and put your tent towards the west side so that the heat gets dispersed over the canopy
    Or, you can just use tarps. I don't get why people want to spend a lot of money on side shade. Last year we had two tarps and used zip ties to attach them to the east and south sides of the canopy (the two sides with direct sunlight). It worked beautifully. Of course, make sure the tarps have those little metal ringed holes in them so you have something to put the zip tie through.

THIS^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Too much prep. We decided to cook all our meals last year, which was a huge mistake just cuz of the amount of time it took to cook, clean and all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    Too much prep. We decided to cook all our meals last year, which was a huge mistake just cuz of the amount of time it took to cook, clean and all of that.
    So are you cooking things before you leave and take them, or are you only taking snack foods?

The most important thing I think to get first and foremost is water and food. Make sure you bring plenty of water cause its gonna be warm and water can be a bitch to find/get at Coachella, especially in the middle of the day when everyone is at the festival. Also I would say Liquor. Last year I expected the security searching the cars to be a lot more harsh and thorough and werent at all. And this time I brought more females, they always make partying better, so thats a must have this time around. Cant wait for Chella '11, gonna be epic.

Fuck I totally overlooked packing females last year
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Fuck I totally overlooked packing females last year
    I hate when that happens!
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Filled up too many bottles of water with vodka. Didn't bring enough water last year.... water.

Water.

I picked up a coleman stove on amazon for $25 bucks! Hot breakfast hoooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

whats a good solar phone charger?
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

A friend has a car camping pass so we're using it go during the day to grab drinks/water/food.

But im sleeping in a house this year. I want to sleep in passed 8am each morning.

I think this gets the best out of both worlds.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Hey! thinking of taking a solar shower, but what do you guys do to avoid having all that water be all over your campsite? stupid question? Naw! theres no stupid questions!!!

also I hope there's more friendly people last year i went with my buddy and people where just lame and we just wanted to party!

Quote Originally Posted by Chillzzz View Post
    Earplugs for sleeping
    I concur, especially when you have camp-mates that just CANNOT STOP TALKING

FOUR TET. HOT CHIP. SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO. BOOKA SHADE. LEE SCRATCH PERRY. BEACH HOUSE.

Richie Hawtin. James Blake. Loco Dice.

four words: SHOWER IN A CAN

Quote Originally Posted by mistakenstrangers View Post
    four words: SHOWER IN A CAN
    TELL ME MORE!
    I came here to drink milk and kick ass.
    And I've just finished my milk.

Extra phone battery

Quote Originally Posted by nobleroyalty View Post
    Hey! thinking of taking a solar shower, but what do you guys do to avoid having all that water be all over your campsite? stupid question? Naw! theres no stupid questions!!!
    Small kiddie pool from walmart they have on right now for $5. Then empty the water under your vehicle.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    TELL ME MORE!
    It's this stuff that you spray on your body to cover the lingering smell of body odor.

I like underarmour a lot. Compression shorts are saviors with my thighs and the heat

bump.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjatactics View Post
    I like underarmour a lot. Compression shorts are saviors with my thighs and the heat
    I tried that last year and didn't have the results i had hoped for

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Exclamation Re: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Quote Originally Posted by nomdekt View Post
    This year we've invested in a solar shower. I'm generally not willing to wait in line for showers... but I'm also one of those people who NEEDS a shower to wake up. This is what we got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J2Q0T4

It'll be useful for Burning Man too.
    We didn't even think of buying a solar shower!

Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    Filled up too many bottles of water with vodka. Didn't bring enough water last year.... water.

Water.
    LOL!

In regards to solar showers, what would you guys recommend? I am the only girl going with 3 boys and they think it's ridiculous that I want to purchase a solar shower. I know if I buy off Amazon I will be stuck with it. So what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    We have a few of these and they really helped just sitting around the camp area before music started. They are a spray bottle with a battery operated fan. Works pretty good and really feels great when it is 95 out:-)
    Where can we purchase these?

Quote Originally Posted by M.Romo View Post
    In regards to solar showers, what would you guys recommend? I am the only girl going with 3 boys and they think it's ridiculous that I want to purchase a solar shower. I know if I buy off Amazon I will be stuck with it. So what should I do?
    If it's just for you & just for Coachella maybe get the cheapest one you can find? I know Coleman does one for about $7 ...

Other options are to line up for the free showers, or pay $5 a pop for the VIP showers (which will also probably have big lines)... OR, get the boys to dump a bucket of water over your head, I'm sure they'd oblige

Quote Originally Posted by M.Romo View Post
    Where can we purchase these?
    You can get something similar at WalMart.
    I was going to pick up a few, but found this instead...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002EP9UM8