Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Default Re: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    someone needs to start an "Official Emma Ocean Dictionary" thread.
    you just made me blush, I'm not that bad am I?
    I came here to drink milk and kick ass.
    And I've just finished my milk.

Default Re: Campers: What did you overlook in preparing for '10 & plan to correct in '11

Emma Ocean your just too classy for this board that's all

Problem is hanging a solar shower, wherever you plan to hang it, 5 gallons of water is HEAVY! For my solar shower people will only get about a gallon or so at a time (im hanging it from my canopy and do not want that thing to break)

So you either set up a shower schedule, or here is another thought... the water containers for your shower will be HOT. In a solar shower water can get up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. That's way too hot. so, use a little bit of water in the shower, then fill it up. If you want a cold shower, then... like... get water from your tub. I honestly think 1 shower will be fine. Or you get a set up for your shower (curtain or holder, etc) then you get like 2 bags. Not a big deal.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by nomdekt View Post
    This year we've invested in a solar shower. I'm generally not willing to wait in line for showers... but I'm also one of those people who NEEDS a shower to wake up. This is what we got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000J2Q0T4

It'll be useful for Burning Man too.
    Make sure you bring all the water you anticipate needing into the campgrounds with you as finding water to refill it once you're there is very difficult/impossible.

Maybe shower with it a few times before to gauge how much you will need.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    If you can only find a 5 gallon solar shower but need more than 5 gallons, buy more fucking solar showers to fit whatever your estimated needs are.
    Ok, but I once had a boyfriend who had a bigger one, and that was perfect. I just haven't seen one like it.. I'm holding out till I find one. That's what I mean. No need to be rude, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Ok, but I once had a boyfriend who had a bigger one, and that was perfect. I just haven't seen one like it.. I'm holding out till I find one. That's what I mean. No need to be rude, sheesh.
    Where are you hanging your shower from?
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

You've been a member here since 2007, I'm surprised you're not used to those types of responses

Anyways:

10 Gallon Solar Summer Shower By Advanced Elements

http://www.smarthome.com/31144/Summe...-Shower/p.aspx
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Why spend that much on a solar shower... I don't get it, even if you get 2 solar showers at 9.99 a piece it's cheaper and better. Less time for the water to heat up and less weight.

a 10 gallon bag if completely full is at least weighing 83.5lbs....
    COACHELLA 2014

Too easy...TWSS

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Renting a vehicle instead of hitchhiking to and from airport

Bringing a 9 person tent instead of buying Coachella's shitty 2 person tents

Having a cooler this year

Turning it into a 7 day vacation instead of 5

Was it the length or the girth that made it so perfect?

This year we've invested in a solar shower. I'm generally not willing to wait in line for showers... but I'm also one of those people who NEEDS a shower to wake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepybrew View Post
    I planned on taking showers last year. Used to be 30 min lines. In 2010, 3 hour lines. I'm bringing extra water and just take my own shower at my camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    I'm shaving my hair real short so if there are 3 hour lines for showers again I can just dump some water on my head and not feel completely disgusting.
    solar shower and my own car... ... I need a cold shower in hot weather, and yeah, those showers can be glorious, but I waited 2 hours for a shower only to have the water go out on us, and when it came back on 20 minutes later, it was hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post
    Make sure you bring all the water you anticipate needing into the campgrounds with you as finding water to refill it once you're there is very difficult/impossible.

Maybe shower with it a few times before to gauge how much you will need.
    have I mentioned the showers were a nightmare last year?
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

be sure to keep in mind that the lines for the showers were atrocious last year. i might recommend one of those solar showers
    1L☮e.

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    someone needs to start an "Official Emma Ocean Dictionary" thread.
    Shit our Aussie friends say.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

"Dont get off yer face on plonk and get rooted on the way to the dunny by a wallaby, ya drongos!"
    —Emma Ocean
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Thats a genuine quote btw
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

i don't doubt that.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by lawbstar View Post
    expand
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmyyf View Post
    Tents.. bad idea? Please tell me more.
    It's really fucking hot in the morning. I'm ditching my tent as well. Hard for me to sleep.

EDIT* What LickTheLizzard said.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

stepup2stepout

Also - dare I say it - debating the logistics of using them during the festival (if wearing a dress/skirt)... faced with a trip to the honey buckets vs missing part of a awesome set... Ladies?
    If I see someone pissing in a crowd I'm going to knock them the fuck over. That's ridiculous. Don't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    you just made me blush, I'm not that bad am I?
    nothing bad at all, it seems as though i'm asking you to explain a different word or phrase in every thread. i think and Emma Ocean dictionary would come in handy.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

I agree, he is being very rude to you for no reason. Just put him on ignore like i did

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Some people have a tendency to bring too much. Lighten up on the perishable food. That save on cooler space and needing ice. There's plenty to eat inside the event. By the time you pack and spend the extra money on another cooler, ice and food that's gonna go bad anyways, you could have grabbed something inside to eat. Baby wipes, sun screen, water and shade are things you can't have too much of. And since Luca is bringing more beer, I won't have to
    For the record, we still have a 6 pack of beer in the frig...leftover from last Coachella's allotted case per campsite...Ridiculous, I know. (Can't say the same for the Tequila and Jack though! LOL)

... don't let them wash their hair. It's a pretty good equalizer. Plus, any girl who cant go without washing her hair for 3 days needs to not camp and get a hotel.

I just brought some of these...http://www.traveljohn.com/1-1-1.php figure they will be sweet for late night pee missions.

Also - dare I say it - debating the logistics of using them during the festival (if wearing a dress/skirt)... faced with a trip to the honey buckets vs missing part of a awesome set... Ladies?
    Yes, to avoid a late night mission of going in search of the porta potty just to pee, and then finding your tent again, Travel John's are awesome. And I know that you can pee into them without spilling and stuff, so no worries for others about stepping in it, but...do you really want to carry a bag of piss around with you from set to set?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

one thinks you're going to piss in the crowd, the other thinks you're going to carry bags of piss around a music festival...

is it common for new zealanders to act like this?

More power! (To charge portable devices at the campsite not the public charging board with a longass wait)

More circulation! (Bigger/better in-tent fan)

More beer! (Wait, no less, our crew is half this year)

More TP! (For Cornholio)

More fruit! (For refreshment and vites)

More gambling! (To help pay for Spicy Pie)

More padding! (To sleep on)

More water! (Duh)
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

But FYI it was an American lass who asked about the logistics
    this does not surprise me.

wow those are amazing! did you just buy them online or do you reckon I could buy them when I get to the US?

LickTheLizzard, wait til you meet me

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    one thinks you're going to piss in the crowd, the other thinks you're going to carry bags of piss around a music festival...
    Hypothetically if you were against a fence, and someone shielded you while you went you'd be fine. You just throw that bag in the bin afterwards baby, it wont splash or get on anyone!
    The Travel John is the best thing since sliced bread IMO

And when it comes to peeing in the crowd, bitch please, like boys havent done worse before.

I did follow the links for international distributors but I'm worried I wouldnt get them before I leave. And I wouldnt really want customs to find them when they search my stuff.

I just ordered them online but looks like you can definitely get them in store: http://www.traveljohn.com/1-4.php

LMAO - amen sister!
    lol!! I had no idea.
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

this is mad disgusting.
    COACHELLA 2014