Thread: Ralph's Shuttle

Default Ralph's Shuttle

I know last year there was a shuttle that took people back and forth to the Ralph's nearby. I think it was only for campers, but I'm really not sure. Anyway, my question is: Will this shuttle be available again this year? I searched the forum for related threads and didn't find anything, and under FAQs the closest thing I could find was "The closest grocery store, coffee shop and some food places is the shopping center with RALPHS at the corner of Jefferson and 50th. Google maps will help guide you."

So any information on this would be great. Thanks.

Default Re: Ralph's Shuttle

didn't look very hard, it is talked about on the car/tent camping info page

http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping

SUPERMARKET SHUTTLES FOR CAMPERS
    If there something that you need and can't find at the general store or the farmers market, hop on our free shuttles to the local Supermarket. Running Times: TBA

/dani
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    didn't look very hard, it is talked about on the car/tent camping info page

http://www.coachella.com/camping/carcamping
    figured this much, but thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Spork View Post
    figured this much, but thanks anyway.
    the shuttle is available for anyone, just like how anyone with a festival pass can access the campgrounds.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

sweet. ran out of potato chips and beer on friday last year. that shuttle was tits.

For the hell of it:

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Hey. Day 2.

On the way in, some people needed coffee. There was the shuttle from the campgrounds to the Raplh's. Lots of people needed lots of supplies.

Holy shit that's a clusterfuck. How long were the waits? I'm really hoping I won't need to go there...
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Holy shit that's a clusterfuck. How long were the waits? I'm really hoping I won't need to go there...
    It wasn't that bad on our trip back, maybe a 15 minute wait. Getting there, however, was a bitch. Probably an hour?

It's all about timing, though. Go early in the morning to avoid getting screwed over.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    sweet. that shuttle was tits.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    It wasn't that bad on our trip back, maybe a 15 minute wait. Getting there, however, was a bitch. Probably an hour?

It's all about timing, though. Go early in the morning to avoid getting screwed over.
    Running time?

I'd def. go as early as possible to get that out of the way with.
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Running time?
    Hmmm. Last year I think it was every half hour there would be a shuttle, and there were either two or three of them in rotation from like 8AM to 1PM or something. Memory's a little fuzzy so I might be wrong.

All the details on the Ralph's shuttle service were officially released a week before the festival last year, I think - so hang tight... the real word will be coming down the bend before too long.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Hmmm. Last year I think it was every half hour there would be a shuttle, and there were either two or three of them in rotation from like 8AM to 1PM or something. Memory's a little fuzzy so I might be wrong.

All the details on the Ralph's shuttle service were officially released a week before the festival last year, I think - so hang tight... the real word will be coming down the bend before too long.
    I'm just trying to keep mental notes, obviously it could be completely different but, I'm taking mental notes in case.
    COACHELLA 2014

I think Ralph's does a pretty good job. It's obviously a huge weekend for them and they stock up and staff up. They'll have specials too; I've never seen it as a "gouge the festies" type of thing.

As long as they don't have ten dollar ice

At that point, it's faster to just walk.

Just a quick bump for those wondering. The shuttle times were never officially posted here before the Fest last year. Apparently there was a sign (never found it) somewhere close to the campground pickup spot. The pickup times pretty much ran every 30 min to an hour. When I tried to find the shuttle pickup spot last year, security sent me on a wild goose chase which had me walk almost 1/2 a mile away from the pickup spot. I was told there were two pickup spots. WRONG! The shuttle driver made me chase him down the backroad (between the breakfast buffet & El Dorado Lake) as that was not an "official" pickup spot, only drop off. wtf?! I felt like Eddie Murphy chasing the icecream truck 1/2 a mile back down that road. And when I did get back to the pickup spot (next to the neon swings/yoga area) the driver tells me the last pickup was at 1pm. He is only dropping off. Even though the shuttle schedule said it would run until 2pm (it was about 1:20pm) they will not take you to the Ralphs after 1pm. They had 2 or 3 running last year. They pick you up at the campsite, drop you off at Ralphs and wait for you for about an 45min - an hour and bring you back. I even waited for the other driver to come back (1:45pm) & he told me the same thing, even offered him $25 just to drop me off no dice....Yes, walking there would have been better, but I had already did that walk earlier in the AM meeting another party member outside cuz I had her wristband & had to go thru the challenge of finding the Companion Lot that none of the parking crew knew how to get to....so ya missed much of Friday early sets last year running like a sweaty slave.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

2010 I had a fairly similar experience looked everywhere for the shuttle pickup couldn't find it decided to walk it and after 3 hours of wrong directions finally made it but we didn't make it out in time to catch the last shuttle called maybe 10 cab companies while sitting outside of ralphs drinking bottles of champagne no cab ever came and we ended up getting a ride from these 2 mexicans in a white van that offered to give us a ride for 5 bucks each and they even offered us beer... Kind of killed my day because it was African slave hot and we didnt think to ring water and the sun just drained our energy...
    Last year it was a lot better we took the path behind the food stands at about 730 and we got picked up and dropped off without any problem....
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamwelting View Post
    have fun being lame, we'll be in the campgrounds getting all future freaky and shit.