Thread: 10th Coachella

Default 10th Coachella

This will be my 10th time attending the festival, and seeing as how me and my wife will be going without any other friends for the first time, it seems that this might be our last (at least for a while...time to try Glasto, Roskilde, Bonnaroo, P4K, SXSW...) So, any other 10ers out there? Thoughts on a decade of Coachella? How your first differentiates from your last? I can tell you honestly, I'm a completely different person than I was when I first attended in 2001.

Default Re: 10th Coachella

6th festival for me and here's what's changed

I now PLAN ahead...I lay out the stuff I want, order tickets early (well before the poster is announced), Order a locker ahead of time, bring sunscreen, follow the 25 essential things to know to the dot....

Listen to a lot more different music and know what bands I want to see rather than just showing up.

Show up early in the afternoon to make sure I am part of the entire festival rather than sleeping in and getting there when I felt less hungover.

hard drugs are no longer in my interest...stick to green...more interested in having fun for 3 days than going ALL OUT and missing some of one day because of the hangover factor.

It's easier to plan what bands to see as I now know when to show up to a stage and how to position myself

I'll go to the festival till I'm physically unable

last I now check this message board for more ideas...as there's always something to learn.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

this will be my 10th as well...

its been a greatly satisfying decade of musical stylings and desert sunsets...
    talk about some stimulating memories turned sideways...

I have been going since '99-When we get on the Polo Fields every year it feels like home. I make sure to sample music from all of the artists so I can choose wisely who to check out. the biggest difference from the beginning to now is that it is so much more crowded.

9th for me. What stands out the most is the enormity of it all now. In 2002, I arrived at the grounds around 10:30 and was able to park about 100 yds from the gate in what is now the first gate area before they check tickets. Also the crowd that year was managable. I was able to get close for all sets I wanted to see without being crushed into the barriers. Of course now there are WAY more bands too which is better, but I thought the first year seemed so laid-back and slow paced. Now when I go, it seems you have to cue up for everything way earlier and that all the stages have about 2-3x more people than they can actually fit. Camping is also alot different (06 was my first camping). It is way more crowded and noisy. Car camping was the worst last year so hopefully this year improves. I was almost tempted to not camp after last year but I hear the drive was worse so i figured I would just deal with it. Still, all in all, it is an experience I wouldn't miss

this is my story to a T.... The years I have been going coincide with me aging from 21-29, so its no surprise I guess!
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    6th festival for me and here's what's changed

I now PLAN ahead...I lay out the stuff I want, order tickets early (well before the poster is announced), Order a locker ahead of time, bring sunscreen, follow the 25 essential things to know to the dot....

Listen to a lot more different music and know what bands I want to see rather than just showing up.

Show up early in the afternoon to make sure I am part of the entire festival rather than sleeping in and getting there when I felt less hungover.

hard drugs are no longer in my interest...stick to green...more interested in having fun for 3 days than going ALL OUT and missing some of one day because of the hangover factor.

It's easier to plan what bands to see as I now know when to show up to a stage and how to position myself

I'll go to the festival till I'm physically unable

last I now check this message board for more ideas...as there's always something to learn.
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

Member Fresh prince of Coachella's Avatar

10!

THIS will be my 10th... A decade of awesome goes a long way. Im almost 30 and I remember having to sneek in the beer garden just to get a beer... Ahhhh the memories.
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...

this will be my 10th as well. 11th overall.

cheers.

Why does it feel like it's starting to wind down?

its known as the law of diminishing marginal utility

also, the headliners have sucked the past two years.

That feeling is called getting old, geezer.

Ouch.

Member Fresh prince of Coachella's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MantisMel View Post
    THIS will be my 10th... A decade of awesome goes a long way. Im almost 30 and I remember having to sneek in the beer garden just to get a beer... Ahhhh the memories.
    Meee Tooo!