Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Damaged: Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Emo & Noise Rock

Default Re: Damaged: Hardcore, Post-Hardcore, Emo & Noise Rock

Not at all. I like it, but it's overblown, and some of the songs could have used more variation.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Touche Amore was awful opening for Boris

APMD are metalcore (not your average awful scene crap, but still best label for them) and while we're on the subject

Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Touche Amore was awful opening for Boris

APMD are metalcore (not your average awful scene crap, but still best label for them) and while we're on the subject

What venue did you see them in? I can imagine they'd be an awful opening band, at a place where the crowd wasn't into it. They really feed off the energy.

I'll check out APMD. Oh and NAILS is fucking great.
    To Supre:
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Isn't there some awful hardcore band you should be listening to?

November 22nd - Morrissey @ Escondido Center For The Arts
    December 14th - Dinosaur Jr. @ The Music Box

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Touche Amore is an awful choice as an opener for Boris.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Touche Amore is an awful choice as an opener for Boris.
    Yeah, when did that even happen? I can't find anything about it.
    To Supre:

Dude, Stink lives in the great white north. Anything is possible up there.

Ok sorry I was thinking of a totally different band called Tera Melos, I don't even know how I got that confused
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Ok sorry I was thinking of a totally different band called Tera Melos, I don't even know how I got that confused
    Eh, Tera Melos is cool, but yeah, way different band. However, I've made this mistake before, so I can't blame you.
    To Supre:

I saw Touche Amore and Pianos Become the Teeth together a few weeks back and both were great. I really like the new Pianos album, i have had it on heavy rotation since the show.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LickTheLizzard View Post
    I saw Touche Amore and Pianos Become the Teeth together a few weeks back and both were great. I really like the new Pianos album, i have had it on heavy rotation since the show.
    Yeah I saw this same show. Once at the Che and once at the Echoplex. First time I had heard Pianos. Amazing band.
    To Supre:

So these recommendations are intriguing. Pianos Become the Teeth and Defeater are both definitely heavily indebted to screamo as a whole. That being said, I adolesced to that genre and have many fond memories of those bands. And the Pianos album doesn't feature the same brutal heavy-handed-ness that many of the early 2000s screaming sad guys had. Not sure I even like either album, but they're both interesting and worth a second spin.

Anyone ever been a fan of Stretch Arm Strong or Underoath? I used to be all about them in High School

There is a strange lack of Brand New in this thread..

I am going to see The Chariot on Sunday, they put on an insane live show

Since they have all already been posted, I'll just say I still love Dillinger Escape Plan, Blood Brothers, Refused and At The Drive-In

edit: found an awesome Blood Brothers live video I thought I'd share

Last edited by darkmoon66; 11-28-2011 at 11:57 PM.

And I just went through the older recommendations in this thread. Can someone school me on Unsane and Brutal Juice? They seem like incredible bands.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    So these recommendations are intriguing. Pianos Become the Teeth and Defeater are both definitely heavily indebted to screamo as a whole. That being said, I adolesced to that genre and have many fond memories of those bands. And the Pianos album doesn't feature the same brutal heavy-handed-ness that many of the early 2000s screaming sad guys had. Not sure I even like either album, but they're both interesting and worth a second spin.
    Pianos Become The Teeth just hits me in a really strong way. I get that it may not be as heavy as some people would like, but it just absolutely crushes me every time I hear it. It's all about that last song. Oh my god, chills every time.
    To Supre:

Yeah, that last song is fucking incredible. And they're plenty heavy, especially for hardcore, but they and most of "The Wave" (Touche Amore, Defeater, Pianos Become teeth, La Dispute, Make Do and Mend) are definitely screamo throwback bands, which is FINE, because they're doing it extremely well. The exception in that group is Make Do & Mend which sounds an awful lot like Hot Water Music/The Draft, much do do the vocals. it's really great stuff though.

I had been a fan of Defeater since the first album, but I'm pretty much discovering all this other stuff right now.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Yeah, that last song is fucking incredible. And they're plenty heavy, especially for hardcore, but they and most of "The Wave" (Touche Amore, Defeater, Pianos Become teeth, La Dispute, Make Do and Mend) are definitely screamo throwback bands, which is FINE, because they're doing it extremely well. The exception in that group is Make Do & Mend which sounds an awful lot like Hot Water Music/The Draft, much do do the vocals. it's really great stuff though.

I had been a fan of Defeater since the first album, but I'm pretty much discovering all this other stuff right now.
    Not really a huge fan of Make Do and Mend. Their acoustic album was just awful, especially the Touche cover on there.

I've been on a HUGE I Hate Myself binge lately. That band is just fucking amazing.

Also, since I'm not sure where else to talk about this, ever listen to Johnny Hobo/Wingnut Dishwashers Union, Drinky? Really, really fucking good stuff.
    Last edited by ZachTheEskimo; 11-29-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    To Supre:

OH did anybody else check out Decompositions - Vol I. Chapter 1. Rites of Initiation from Circle Takes the Square? It's really bad-ass. it's basically the first section of a full length called Decompositions - Vol I that they've been having a hard time funding, which i believe the proceeds from the ep go to (there's also a kickstarter). The album was originally supposed to come out this month and they're just finishing a small US tour and going to a big Euro tour, so i suspect we can expect the LP soonish. As The Roots Undo was one of the craziest, most creative heavy albums I had ever heard when it came out in 2004, and if you haven't heard it I highly recommend it! it's crazy that's it's been 7 years since a new album!
    last.fm

I am not familiar with Johnny Hobo/other projects but I'll check them out.
    last.fm

The lyrics on the Defeater album really threw me off. Just the acoustic songs tho. Too emo for me. Which is cool I don't intend to hate but not my thing. Too many bitter memories of my high school girlfriend liking those types of guys more than my punk band!

I am not familiar with Johnny Hobo/other projects but I'll check them out.
    It's two projects from this guy who goes by Pat The Bunny. Mostly homeless guy singalongs about being drunk and bummed out all the time. Johnny Hobo is really gutter punk, Wingnut is sort of cleaner and better. Both are great.
    I guess he's sober now and in Ramshackle Glory, who aren't nearly as great.

I'm downloading the Circle Takes the Square album right now.
    To Supre:

Quote Originally Posted by rag and bone View Post
    The lyrics on the Defeater album really threw me off. Just the acoustic songs tho. Too emo for me. Which is cool I don't intend to hate but not my thing. Too many bitter memories of my high school girlfriend liking those types of guys more than my punk band!
    Yeah, I'm really not into the acoustic stuff. i love a lot of the lyrics in the first section of the album though. Some of that shit it brutal. Check out the first record too.
    last.fm

Will do! Also, if any of you are feeling angry this morning check out Bloody Hammer- Apathy is Bliss. It will be the most bad ass 10 minutes of your day. Although, make that 20 because you'll probably listen again.

Quote Originally Posted by rag and bone View Post
    Will do! Also, if any of you are feeling angry this morning check out Bloody Hammer- Apathy is Bliss. It will be the most bad ass 10 minutes of your day. Although, make that 20 because you'll probably listen again.
    Holy shit, fuck yes.

This is the best thread.
    To Supre:

OH did anybody else check out Decompositions - Vol I. Chapter 1. Rites of Initiation from Circle Takes the Square? It's really bad-ass. it's basically the first section of a full length called Decompositions - Vol I that they've been having a hard time funding, which i believe the proceeds from the ep go to (there's also a kickstarter). The album was originally supposed to come out this month and they're just finishing a small US tour and going to a big Euro tour, so i suspect we can expect the LP soonish. As The Roots Undo was one of the craziest, most creative heavy albums I had ever heard when it came out in 2004, and if you haven't heard it I highly recommend it! it's crazy that's it's been 7 years since a new album!
    This. This is fucking amazing.
    To Supre:

Did you listen to As The Roots Undo or the new ep? or both? Yes, they are an incredible band. they have fucking insanely awesome artwork too. That packaging for the LP was so awesome.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    This is what I thought. I compared them to early Cursive.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Did you listen to As The Roots Undo or the new ep? or both? Yes, they are an incredible band. they have fucking insanely awesome artwork too. That packaging for the LP was so awesome.
    The new EP. I used to listen to their album forever ago, didn't realize they had anything new.
    To Supre:

I hadn't listened to this since August. it's so fucking haunting. I cannot wait for the full length.

All this talk has been making me ache for a new Converge record.
    last.fm

I hadn't listened to this since August. it's so fucking haunting. I cannot wait for the full length.

All this talk has been making me ache for a new Converge record.
    I never got into Converge. Where's a good place to start?
    I'm relistening to this Defeater album. Fuck, it's amazing.
    To Supre:

Quote Originally Posted by ZachTheEskimo View Post
    I never got into Converge. Where's a good place to start?
    Well, there's two thoughts to this: there's the Before Jane Doe camp and the Post Jane Doe camp, Jane Doe being the album where they markedly changed their sound into much more epic, brutally metallic soundscapes, only to evolve more with each album afterward.

There is a highly devoted rabid fanbase dedicated to the early material (of which there honestly isn't much) and most here would consider Forever Comes Crashing to be the pinnacle of their career.

However, most fans at this point in their career are going to consider Jane Doe to be their absolute masterpiece. it's where i started and i would probably recommend you do the same. It's honestly pretty easy to like the earlier albums afterward too. I really love their entire discography, and i get the sense you will too. it's
    last.fm