Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Campground Noise Pollution

  1. #1

    Default Campground Noise Pollution

    Last year, I stayed 2 tents down from these dorks who jammed their iPod all day, which wouldn't have been too bad if every band wasn't Audioslave, Sublime, Nirvana, and every other alt rock radio band KROQ has shoved down my throat for decades. 2-3 hours of this got so god damn annoying and by Sunday I wanted to slap the shit out of everyone in their party.

    So how do I prevent this in 2011? I don't want to be a dick but I will not be woken up at 8 AM to the sound of Chris Cornell removing Rage Against the Machine's balls.

    I also hate people that make mix CD's of Coachella artists and play them all weekend. I heard "Stylo" and "Woo Boost" approximately 950 times between Thursday night and Monday morning. THE REAL ARTISTS ARE PLAYING FOR A REASON.

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duluth Minnesota
    Posts
    8,563

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    I had this problem when I tried to sleep around 3am each night with a large generator hooked up to campground lights. Tent was 5 feet away from it.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Hahaha so you heard BRUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM all night?

  4. #4
    stepup2stepout
    Guest

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I had this problem when I tried to sleep around 3am each night with a large generator hooked up to campground lights. Tent was 5 feet away from it.
    This was such a fucking annoyance for me last year. I mean, i slept through the noise because I was just so tired, but its not something i want to deal with again.

  5. #5
    Member aphrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,375

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by stepup2stepout View Post
    This was such a fucking annoyance for me last year. I mean, i slept through the noise because I was just so tired, but its not something i want to deal with again.
    in previous years i've dealt with this by drinking/smoking enough that i can sleep through this sort of crap.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    combine any of these:

    - earplugs
    - chemicals
    - exhaustion

  7. #7
    Member djbionik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    737

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    combine any of these:

    - earplugs
    - chemicals
    - exhaustion
    Serrrriously. I invest in pro earplugs because I have the shittiest roommates that are loud as fuck and one of them has a yappy dog that whines all night right next to my room. I only sleep because I have Valerian root, sometimes self medicate, and work out before I eat dinner so I'm pooped when it's time for bed.

    For Coachella though, there is a little trick.. I waited at the gate before getting into the campgrounds to see where they were putting people. When I saw that they were getting close to a quieter spot, I moved in. It's ok to stop by the gate to "wait for friends" or "adjust your stuff". I just watch for a few minutes and have a beer. Unless you don't mind noise, stay away from the west side and south side of lot 8, the east side of lot 10, or the north side of lot 12. The generators make a lot of noise, and so do the showers, and of course, the big main clearing in the middle.
    Hope that helps!

  8. #8
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,922

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Exhaustion + copious amounts of weed + good earplugs = ZZzzZZzzZZzzzZZzzzz

    The above formula allowed me to sleep through the RATM helicopter fiasco a few years ago completely undisturbed. Learn it, live it, love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  9. #9
    Member Inthecolumbiagorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    Posts
    1,110

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Serrrriously. I invest in pro earplugs because I have the shittiest roommates that are loud as fuck and one of them has a yappy dog that whines all night right next to my room. I only sleep because I have Valerian root, sometimes self medicate, and work out before I eat dinner so I'm pooped when it's time for bed.

    For Coachella though, there is a little trick.. I waited at the gate before getting into the campgrounds to see where they were putting people. When I saw that they were getting close to a quieter spot, I moved in. It's ok to stop by the gate to "wait for friends" or "adjust your stuff". I just watch for a few minutes and have a beer. Unless you don't mind noise, stay away from the west side and south side of lot 8, the east side of lot 10, or the north side of lot 12. The generators make a lot of noise, and so do the showers, and of course, the big main clearing in the middle.
    Hope that helps!
    Now this is a great idea!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    this year im gonna bring xanex... that shit seems to put me out cold when i wanna go to sleep. Take one like 30 min before i wanna go to sleep and BAM...it's morning time.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidoosh View Post
    this year im gonna bring xanex... that shit seems to put me out cold when i wanna go to sleep. Take one like 30 min before i wanna go to sleep and BAM...it's morning time.
    Xanax or Soma + beer= ni ni
    COACHELLA '06 '07 '09 '11 '12(2) '14(1)

  12. #12
    Member DaftpunkisWhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    102

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    in previous years i've dealt with this by drinking/smoking enough that i can pass out through this sort of crap.
    Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by SaharaIsMyHome View Post
    Ex: If you were having sex with 1 girl and 2 others came in to join in, you wouldn't like that? One girl would most likely be riding u while the other two just stand off to the side and wait. eventually you will get ALL 3 on you. that is kind of like what im saying with Swedish House Mafia...3 > 1
    Coachella 2010, Soon 2011 and yes..He is shuffling

    Kanyes "Stronger", into daft punks "Harder Better Faster Stronger"!!!! Cant wait!!

  13. #13
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    STAY AWAY FROM BASSFACE!!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Bassface was fine. I don't mind the noise at 4 AM, I mind it at 8 AM.

  15. #15
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    I was able to pass out through it but that was due to the heavy amount of intoxicants in my body, others may not be so lucky

  16. #16
    Member ibuprofane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Not Iowa
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Ambien - and if you hallucinate from it, consider it a bonus.

  17. #17
    old school nosurprises12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,922

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by ibuprofane View Post
    Ambien - and if you hallucinate from it, consider it a bonus.
    I could see how sleeping pills would be a good idea; however (and I don't mean to sound like someone's Mom here), just be careful about what time you take it and/or where you decide to sleep. Tents get VERY hot quite early in the morning, and if you're on an 8-hour Ambien nap that started at 3 in the morning you may regret not falling asleep in a more ventilated place.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

  18. #18
    Member ibuprofane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Not Iowa
    Posts
    150

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    I could see how sleeping pills would be a good idea; however (and I don't mean to sound like someone's Mom here), just be careful about what time you take it and/or where you decide to sleep. Tents get VERY hot quite early in the morning, and if you're on an 8-hour Ambien nap that started at 3 in the morning you may regret not falling asleep in a more ventilated place.
    Yeah, you definitely need to know how you react to it before you try it at Coachella - we don't need anyone sleep-driving around the campground. I only take a half-pill of the regular version (not CR) which is enough to get me to sleep for a few noisy hours, but wake up when I need to (heat, fire, etc.) Also, if you want to sleep, you should go to bed within 15 minutes of taking it, lest you hallucinate for a couple hours.

  19. #19
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    I could see how sleeping pills would be a good idea; however (and I don't mean to sound like someone's Mom here), just be careful about what time you take it and/or where you decide to sleep. Tents get VERY hot quite early in the morning, and if you're on an 8-hour Ambien nap that started at 3 in the morning you may regret not falling asleep in a more ventilated place.
    don't mix that shit with alcohol or recreational drugs, either. no need to heath ledger...

  20. #20
    Member Sonybonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    260

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    combine any of these:

    - earplugs
    - chemicals
    - exhaustion
    Took a large bottle of earplugs. They were HEAVEN!
    Coachella '10 + '11!

  21. #21
    Member Jankypirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    411

    Default Re: Campground Noise Pollution

    Noise Pollutions is quite simply a part of the Coachella Campground. Best to expect it and be prepared for it as people have said.



    Good ear plugs + Extensive shade over east side of tent.
    And bring a tent with lots of ventilation, dont use the rain cover!

    That way you can stay up and enjoy the noisy fun, then comfortably sleep in late the next day!
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Similar Threads

  1. Make Some Noise!
    By rAnimatorX2 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
  2. Boys Noise??
    By chasemetcalf in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-06-2010, 04:00 PM
  3. Art of Noise (please)
    By Failed State in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 08:39 PM
  4. Noise for 2010
    By GrossMagic in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 11:15 PM
  5. White Noise
    By algunz in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •