Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical marijuanA

Default Medical marijuanA

So if you have your script can you bring in your weed? Sorry this has probably been posted and answered but can't find it.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Medical marijuanA

Quote Originally Posted by over1/2decade View Post
    So if you have your script can you bring in your weed? Sorry this has probably been posted and answered but can't find it.
    Not only has it been posted numerous times, but it's also a fucking retarded question. You must have no concept of how the law actually works if you're seriously asking this.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

from the FAQ
    I have a Medical Marijuana Card and medicate daily. cool?

Sorry, Medical Marijuana Cards are not valid at Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Not only has it been posted numerous times, but it's also a fucking retarded question. You must have no concept of how the law actually works if you're seriously asking this.
    And it's also right there on the website.

I have a Medical Marijuana Card and medicate daily. cool?
    Sorry, Medical Marijuana Cards are not valid at Coachella.
    Why ______________________ ?
    Because.
    http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq#faq0-13

The internet really isn't that hard to use

Quote Originally Posted by over1/2decade View Post
    Even though it is "not allowed" the reality is that herb is quite present. The lovely smell of exceptional weed is one of the "fragrances" of Coachella for me. Just be cool and it is not an issue for most of us:-) Doobies into the festival are totally doable in your pocket or in your wallet as security going in is a cursory pat down at best. Just pack it in your clothes or groceries or something when you drive in and park or camp and go through security. Piece of cake and don't let any of the "Snidely Whiplashes" on this board convince you otherwise:-) Snidely Whiplash...boy am I getting old!

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I have a quarter pound I'll be bringing for the group im going with.should be alright for 30 people. I wouldnt be too worried on the subject dude. Bring your meds

Quote Originally Posted by FearAndLoathing View Post
    I have a quarter pound I'll be bringing for the group im going with.should be alright for 30 people. I wouldnt be too worried on the subject dude. Bring your meds
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Is Coachella in CA or did it move to AZ?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearAndLoathing View Post
    a qp for thirty people? bahaha. that's like a day's worth, MAYBE.

I've been through a quarter pound by myself in a week. for coachella I conserve like mad and only burn through maybe a half ounce over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_g View Post
    Is Coachella in CA or did it move to AZ?
    Medical marijuana is legal in Arizona.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Medical marijuana is legal in Arizona.
    Well damn...

Yep, we passed the measure last year. VOTE OR DIE.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

stepup2stepout

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    I've been through a quarter pound by myself in a week.
    Pics or shens.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post

Oh great legal scholar, please explain to us how the law works and how an organization can allow cigarette smoking and other prescription medication, but only disallow marijuana?

Curtness aside, this is a serious question. Isn't that medical discrimination?

It's to protect the polo ponies from the dangers of secondhand smoke. It's a condition in the lease of the polo fields otherwise they can't hold USPA-sanctioned events (the THC shows up in pony dope testing.) The polo tournaments are important too you know.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Oh great legal scholar, please explain to us how the law works and how an organization can allow cigarette smoking and other prescription medication, but only disallow marijuana?

Curtness aside, this is a serious question. Isn't that medical discrimination?
    I'm pretty sure the law is that you cannot smoke weed in a place open to the public, even if you have a prescription. And yes, Coachella is open to the public even though you have to pay to get in.

The problem is most people don't have a real prescription, they have a doctor's recommendation which is not the same thing. There is no real prescription for marijuana, and as a result, private venues can choose not to allow you in with it.

On the flip side, no one gives a flying fuck about weed and you can easily sneak it in.

This is thanks to the smokeout festival, people thinking they can just bring their herb to concerts. Since smokeout allowed people to legally bring in their medical marijuana and medicate onsite in a seperate area without hassle. I participated in this and thought it was cool. Unnecessary at coachella.

deleted cuz i didnt see the beautiful post by media blitz
    Last edited by Monko760; 03-12-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    It's to protect the polo ponies from the dangers of secondhand smoke. It's a condition in the lease of the polo fields otherwise they can't hold USPA-sanctioned events (the THC shows up in pony dope testing.) The polo tournaments are important too you know.
    haha I like this theory, true?

Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    The problem is most people don't have a real prescription, they have a doctor's recommendation which is not the same thing. There is no real prescription for marijuana, and as a result, private venues can choose not to allow you in with it.

On the flip side, no one gives a flying fuck about weed and you can easily sneak it in.
    There are a few people with US government prescriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post

The State of California recognizes a doctor's recommendation for medical marijuana the same as it would a prescription (People vs. Mower). If the festival makes special accommodation for diabetics and others for storing their medicine, isn't it discriminatory to only disallow those who require medical marijuana?

Furthermore, the festival allows medical items to be brought in with simply a doctor's note and no prescription: "Medical related items (food included) may be brought in provided a proper dr. note and / or prescription detailing the necessity of the item is onsite and available."

The problem is that while it is legal under California law, it's still illegal under federal law. Goldenvoice can't just openly say "yeah, bring your weed, here's the designated weed smoking area" for one of the largest and best-known music festivals when it's still not legal under federal law. That's how it differs from other prescriptions.

With that said, if you are bringing your meds in on the down-low, it's probably worth having your documentation with you just in case, especially if you have the state card and not just the doctor's recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I'm pretty sure the law is that you cannot smoke weed in a place open to the public, even if you have a prescription. And yes, Coachella is open to the public even though you have to pay to get in.
    This. It isn't discrimination. End of discussion.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    This. It isn't discrimination. End of discussion.
    Actually the "can't smoke weed in public" part isn't true, at least in Cali. Under SB420 (yes that's really the citation) you just can't smoke anywhere where smoking in general (like cigarettes) isn't legal; anywhere within 1000 feet of a school, recreation center, or youth center; on a school bus; or in a boat or car that is being operated. Theoretically, you're perfectly free to smoke in a park or on the beach or whatever so long as it isn't within that 1000 feet radius of a school or youth center exception.

Now, in reality, are you going to get hassled for openly burning a joint in front of a cop, even if you are in compliance with SB420? Probably.

The problem is the federal law issue, there's no way around that right now. And I'm sure GV is also extra-leery about it because it's an all ages event and they don't want to set up a herb garden next to the beer garden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Actually the "can't smoke weed in public" part isn't true, at least in Cali. Under SB420 (yes that's really the citation) you just can't smoke anywhere where smoking in general (like cigarettes) isn't legal; anywhere within 1000 feet of a school, recreation center, or youth center; on a school bus; or in a boat or car that is being operated. Theoretically, you're perfectly free to smoke in a park or on the beach or whatever so long as it isn't within that 1000 feet radius of a school or youth center exception.

Now, in reality, are you going to get hassled for openly burning a joint in front of a cop, even if you are in compliance with SB420? Probably.

The problem is the federal law issue, there's no way around that right now. And I'm sure GV is also extra-leery about it because it's an all ages event and they don't want to set up a herb garden next to the beer garden.
    I understand that we're talking about the legality of bringing and burning God's good green in public places/ at Coachella.... but why? Just tell the kid to sneak some shit in, and burn. Just went to Paid Dues on Saturday, and the guy actually felt my stash. I told him it was my dick, and he said, "Yeah, sure. Open up your backpack" And that was the last of it. The first year I went to Coachella, they could smell the weed all over my gear. "Do you have any marijuana on you?" "Nope" "Are you sure" "Yes" "Go through." Who cares how legal it is? They know you're bringing it, and they want you to have it! Who wants 75,000 people coming down all weekend? This isn't rehab! Bring your shit! Stash it! Blast it!

Totally agree with all of that emillik. The question was just "why isn't it discriminatory to allow in other meds but not weed" and the short answer is "shit still isn't strictly legal, son." But what you're saying is true, it's not like there will be any shortage of it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post

Most cities in CA ban smoking in parks now. And not being permitted to smoke where "smoking is prohibited by law" is becoming a larger and larger area in CA. The city I currently live in bans smoking in all public places, with "smoking patios" at bars being one of the few exceptions. I'm not familiar with Indio, but their police love to bust anyone for anything at Coachella. Have fun informing the PD of the law.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!