Thread: LAMB 5

Default LAMB 5

Great news! So far this sounds as good as Fear of Fours and their S/T. I love how they're producing this album and place this as my most anticipated release of 2011. Hoping for some US dates later this year.

Email from LAMB this morning

Lamb 5
    We want to express our deepest gratitude to those of you who pre-ordered the album and, in so doing, helped make it happen. As you all know, the whole process has been, and continues to be, a self-funded operation with no record company involved and it feels so awesomely positive to have the support come from the people who’ll be it’s audience. There’s a real feeling of integrity in that, which somehow resonates through the sound of the record itself.

It feels so good to have come to the point where the album is written and recorded in full. Now we can really start to get a handle on how the songs sit together as a body of work and that feels really exciting.

So, I guess, now we can tell you that “your investment” is finally shaping up. We took the last pre-orders on February 05 and the special edition CD and vinyl will be delivered on May 05. Obviously those of you who didn’t get around to pre-ordering will be able to get the album on general release though it won’t have the special packaging and other perks of the pre-order.

So can we say once again a huge and reverberating THANKYOU.

Time to get busy on an artwork tip…

x
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Default Re: LAMB 5

I almost missed this. Good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I'll continue the Lamb love!

I can't believe it's been 8 years since Between Darkness and Wonder came out.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

notably absent from the lineup this year. hmm. it's right up coachella's alley. they played the festival in 99, reunion, first big US gig... I'm sure they tried, at least.

A nice present to find in my in box this morning. Live album surprise! WHAT!
    Hi Everyone,

It feels like the past few weeks have been an intense whirl of productivity to deliver the new album for production. In that time Andy and I, having spent much of our lives in each others' pockets for the past five months during the writing process, have become almost strangers again; he in the studio mixing and then overseeing mastering, I at my place designing and laying out the different formats of the album (limited edition book, commercial release and vinyl). It feels like the only communication we've had has been frantic emails to discuss mixes, running orders and artwork for approval.
    So now it's all done and it feels like christmas eve, waiting for the finished album to be delivered from the manufacturers. There's a slight pause for breath before the whole process of hand-numbering special editions and signing limited edition posters begins.*
    So if you're one of the wonderful people who pre-ordered, you'll be receiving your special limited edition book (containing two CDs, pages of musings on the writing process, personal photos and a poster bearing your name within its design) on May 5th.
    If you missed the chance to pre-order you'll be able to buy the commercial release CD from May 5th too, either in physical form via the website and in stores, or digitally from iTunes and other digital download sites.
    LIVE ALBUM

We've also been hard at work preparing our live album for release. We're incredibly pleased to announce that LAMB - 'Live at Koko' *is released TODAY (Monday April 11 2011).

it's our first official live album ( there are a few great bootlegs out there) and it sounds awesome - full of energy, atmosphere, excitement and great songs. Recorded in London in September 2009, it captures all the best elements of a Lamb live show.*

It's available worldwide from all digital download platforms
    (*http://world.idolweb.fr/strata-music...57250172.html*)

or on CD directly from our website
    (*http://www.lambofficial.com/products*)

LIVE DATES

A BIG thank you to everyone who bought tickets for any of our shows. We're constantly updating the website with new dates - so please keep checking back.

The support act for our two forthcoming UK shows in Manchester & London and the 3 shows in Portugal is singer/songwriter Jay Leighton *http://www.jayleighton.com*. If you're coming to the shows, do try and get there early enough to catch Jay - you won't be disappointed!. If you can't make it to the shows check out Jay's music on his website. In fact those of you who have bought the LOWB album may recognise Jay's voice - he sang the song 'Consecration'*on the album.*

Love and blessins

Lou x

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i somehow missed this, thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Might want to take a look at that Blackswan thread. Taking our first listen to Lamb 5!!!
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Warning *SPOILERS*

So we finished listening to the new album last night and after marinating on it over night, I think its pretty good. Not mind blowing, but good. It is incredibly well produced and contains a mix of different sounds by the group, but never really takes off on that dirty evil trip hop tunnel I was hoping for. To be fair, there are 3 tracks clearly in the early 90's trip hop vein, but the remainder of them lean more towards acid jazz. As a whole, this will make it on a few playlist; has me itching for a live show; and gives me hope LAMB will send a few more gems our way before fading off again.

LAMB 5 special edition

Track List:

CD1:
    01. Another Language
    02. Butterfly Effect
    03. Build A Fire
    04. Wise Enough
    05. Existential Itch
    06. Strong The Root
    07. Rounds
    08. She Walks
    09. Last Night The Sky
    10. The Spectacle

CD2:
    01. Dischord
    02. Back To Beginning
    03. Strong The Root (Instrumental)
    04. Last Night The Sky (Instrumental)
    05. Rounds (Demo)
    06. Butterfly Effect (Instrumental)
    07. Strong The Root (Acapella)
    08. Wise Enough (Instrumental)
    09. The Spectacle (Reprise)

Can't wait to see lamb live again, its been way too long for me. New album is really good as well.

I just remember that this band is on my bucket list. When was the last time they played the US? I ordered the special edition, hopefully get it in the mail soon.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -

Got it yesterday. Poster with all the names is pretty cool. I got #709.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -