Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage Against the Machine.....

Default Rage Against the Machine.....

After 7 years have gone by, what do you think the set list will be like? I cant even imagine the energy before and right when they take the stage..The first words Zach says are gonna make the crowd go crazy.....If you have never been to a rage show be prepeared for the most electrifying show ever...

Default Re: Rage Against the Machine.....

Should be a rockin good time

Any idea if they are planning on new recordings or further touring?

...I'll say it right now. They come on stage to Zach saying "We are Rage Against the Machine from Los Angeles, California" and go right into Killing in the Name....blowing the roof off the festival in one shot.

anyone taking bets??

It's one show ... and one show only ...

Rage Against the Machine will reunite for Coachella
    Red Hot Chili Peppers and Björk also top the bill for the three-day music festival.
    By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
    January 22, 2007

Rage Against the Machine, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

Sources say Rage, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: Red Hot Chili Peppers, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is Björk, who topped the bill in 2002.

Organizers were mum this weekend and it was not clear which day Rage or the other acts were slotted to play; that announcement is expected in the next few days. Other acts expected in the eclectic lineup: Arcade Fire, Interpol, Willie Nelson, the Roots, Manu Chao, the Decemberists, Arctic Monkeys, Sonic Youth, Crowded House, Air, Tiësto and Kings of Leon.

Tickets go on sale Saturday, via Ticketmaster. Three-day passes will cost about $250 and there will be a limited number of single-day passes available.

The headliners are not novel, but they are potent. The Peppers are up for their first best album Grammy right now, and Björk remains a mesmerizing figure to fans of avant pop. But in Southern California rock circles, there is very little that could compete with the excitement of a Rage Against the Machine reunion. The quartet's hybrid of funk, rap, metal and leftist ideology was as subtle as a Molotov cocktail; in the 1990s, its aggro-anthems made it the only band that mattered to a fan base that included East L.A. protest kids as well as those in Hollywood punk circles, college dorms and mainstream rock festival mosh pits, where politics were secondary to the group's feral energy.

The band is vocalist Zack de la Rocha, guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk. Their split came amid rumors of bad blood between De la Rocha and his mates, who went on to work with Chris Cornell in Audioslave. However, Morello and De la Rocha appeared together at a 2005 rally for the urban farmers of a South Los Angeles community garden.

Imagine Zack.... getting to release all the anger built up in the last 7 years!!! it will be insane. Oh my god... I can't even imagine what I'll be like when they come on.

damn, i cant even put into words. i have never seen them live and by the time i was old enough to get into them they broke up. i am so stoked. i am going to get fucked up tonight just because its the first day i heard about them playing again.

I will not go to a better concert than Rage Against the Machine in my life. I'd pay 250$ for them alone. Currently watching their "last performance" at the Grand Olympic stadium... It's gonna be unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretAgentX-9 View Post
    I will not go to a better concert than Rage Against the Machine in my life. I'd pay 250$ for them alone. Currently watching their "last performance" at the Grand Olympic stadium... It's gonna be unreal.
    i would pay $1000 to see just them. i never thought it would happen. i thought it was going to be like hendrix or the doors or zep, i figured man those bands would have been great, then rage and i was alive when they were together and i never saw them so that pissed me off. but damn.

That's 7 years of prayers answered...
    If I make it to Coachella it would be the happiest day of my life, seeing Rage perform live is my only dream.. and I'm not just saying it.

The only catch is that i'm from the last country of the world, Chile in South America, and I need like 2000 bucks to make it to Cali. And both of my parents are unemployed and I make like 200 bucks per month. Even if I sold everything I got i'd be short.

I could just cry now... my only hope is to win the lottery, I'll spend every penny I have on lottery tickets these months.

I still can't believe it...
    Is it really gonna be a one time reunion?

saw them at the first coachella in 1999. took some acid and was rolling around in the cold desert gasping for air.

saw them at the battle for san diego

and then at the DNC 2000.

although i'm not as angry, i'm still going to rock....hard!

This will be more of a guess for people who have been to this show before. I live in NY but now that RATM is on the bill for sunday I'm thinking about heading out there to see this festival that I've never been lucky enough to attend yet. However I absolutely have to be somewhere in the midwest monday morning, no exceptions so unless Rage plays an afternoon set I'm screwed.
    I was at woodstock 99 and RHCP played till around midnight on Sunday night I think, is it the same out there, will Rage probably be the last band to play and play well into the night?

..they'll be on from about 11:15 to 12:30 at the latest. if you catch an early a.m. flight you can swing it.

Rage Against The Machine is the main headline of the whole festival so they will be the last act of all 3 days, so it will be late sunday night early monday morning when they either start or finish...As for new songs I highly doubt it, even though that would be dope. My excitement is beyond words I have watched all there dvd's all day with tears in my eyes because of my excitement....There is only one thing I am worried about and ,that is this seems almost too good to be true, im just hoping this actually happens and zack doesnt pull out at the last second..

I think they'll open with that insane opening from Bombtrack.

yeah bombtrack is my call for opener. how can it not be?

...they've never really opened up with Bombtrack that often....except way back when on the first album. Even then...they would usually open up with People of the Sun (the old lyrics: I'm gonna have to dunk ya/Up and Down like a donut in a decaffinated drink).

Still...Bombtrack would be appropriate, take us back to square one. I'm still banking on Killing, though Bulls or Testify also seem possible (Mr. Anchor assure me, that Baghdad is burning). I think Roll Right would be sick, too.

...I guess it doesn't matter really...they're blowing the place to pieces either way.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepercoupe View Post
    damn, i cant even put into words. i have never seen them live and by the time i was old enough to get into them they broke up. i am so stoked. i am going to get fucked up tonight just because its the first day i heard about them playing again.
    SERIOUSLY. this will be such a cathartic moment, I need a drink to orient myself.

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    ..they'll be on from about 11:15 to 12:30 at the latest. if you catch an early a.m. flight you can swing it.
    You really think that short? How long did Depeche Mode play for last year, seemed like forever. I would think they would go just as long as they did. But who knows its been a long time since Zach's done a full concert... I guess we'll just have to see.

Hopefully they won't pull a Tool or Madonna and show up late and then cut out early.

...yeah, I definitely cited 11:15-12:30 thinking about Tool's short set last year.

I'd say Rage plays for just under 2 hours. All the shows I've ever seen them play clocked in around an hour and forty minutes.

i think that they are going to open with calm like a bomb

Quote Originally Posted by toggle View Post
    ...I'll say it right now. They come on stage to Zach saying "We are Rage Against the Machine from Los Angeles, California" and go right into Killing in the Name....blowing the roof off the festival in one shot.

anyone taking bets??
    I have chills like no other......

I request.............. ASHES IN THE FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! madness, pure madness!

i was on a tab website and saw this
    i thought it was a joke
    i looked on coachella
    and started shivering
    and screaming in my mind
    called everybody
    everyone had the same reaction
    they wanted to srsly cry
    one didnt stop screaming

im going to this show no matter what
    theres no way ill miss it
    ive never seen them becuase by the time i could enjoy one of their concerts, they had broken up

this will be insanely orgasmic

killin in the name would be an awesome opener

i almost cried the day they broke up and everytime i read that they're playing i get massive tremor-ish chills.

one things for sure
    no renegades

The worst/best part of the entire set...

will undoubtedly be FREEDOM.

They've always ended shows with that song....
    And it's always the most electrifying, because you know after that...
    that's it.

This could be the greatest rock performance at Coachella ever.

Let's hope Zach doesn't catch laringitis again.

I think I've seen them perform at every venue in Southern California at this point.

...any songs that they'll play due to particular relevance to current events?
    Wake Up? Take the Power Back? Year of the Boomerang?

I can't imagine it will be a greatest hits set. Zack's gonna have some things to say. Weird that Rage's entire span was during the Clinton administration. This is the first time Zack steps up to the topic of George W. running the country.

dudes got a point there

I am so happy yet so sad at the same time - I lived in San Jose Cali for about 18 mths and didnt get to seem them play (met Tom though) and now that I am living back in Sydney they get back together - I am happy for you guys that get to go to the gig but am sitting here trying to figure out a way to get the money together to fly over! Great line up on all 3 days too!