Thread: TINDERSTICKS PLAY LA!!

Default TINDERSTICKS PLAY LA!!

Tindersticks has a show at The Luckman in LA!! They are playing their scores from the Claire Denis films! Not only are they playing their scores but they are going to be screening the films as well.... ITS GOING TO BE EPIC! Tix just went on sale... Who's going?!!!!

Default Re: TINDERSTICKS PLAY LA!!

OH GOD! I am so happy I saw this. How much?
    At least in *my* awesome opinion.

Holy CRAP! This needs to be EVERYWHERE, not just So CA section! Damn I am just plain excited! Luckman Fine Arts Center, Apr 30th (Saturday night). Tickets around $50 all in. Worth whatever you have to pay to see these guys!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0B...1&minorcatid=1
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Bump. For those of you looking for some soulful British music- these guys are perfect live and have great songs. And Stuart Staples has a stellar voice that more of you need to be aware of. Should be a nice soft landing from Coachella to continue your concert season. Next Saturday! Tickets as low as $25

http://www.luckmanarts.org/events/
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Great night at Tindersticks! I do have some mixed feelings since, although I knew going in the band were playing compositions to Denis' cinematic vision, I still was chomping at the bit for Stuart Staples to let that baritone out of its box! We did get Tiny Tears which was absolute magic and will stay with me for a long while.

Overall I probably could have used a little more context around the approach for this show. I am assuming each vignette was a cut from a segment of the film (films?) the band has collaborated with Denis on recently. Many of the film bits were interesting and often disturbing. I very much like being forced outside my little world into something I am not quite prepared to absorb.

So good to see this band again. Man, the show flew by in an instant! All I can think right now is I cannot wait to see them next time around. Truly some of the best music I have heard in recent memory.