Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Dylan

Default Bob Dylan

July 27th
    Paso Robles Mid State Fair

Default Re: Bob Dylan

i'll be there, my first show was him at Cal Poly in SLO. Can't be a better first concert than a living legend.

ya definitely thinkin bout going to see him...sad to hear aerosmith sold out within the first THREE hours last friday!

bummer! im not a aerosmith fan but im glad the MSF is doing better this year. i regret not catching tom petty, paul simon, Bob Dylan john fogerty in years past.

he should headline next year

he plays state & county fairs - not Coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

im thinkin bout goin to his show...what would an ideal setlist of his look like so i can prepare?

I finally got around to seeing Dylan last year on tour with the Foo Fighters. Boring, boring, boring. Dylan didn't even play the guitar. He did sing "Stuck Inside of Mobile...", but the only way I recognized it was because of the bassline.

I've always heard that he was hit or miss and my night it was a 100% miss.

Banned

No such thing as an ideal setlist.

And I saw him at The Forum last year, but the sound was horrid. I think Kings of Leon opened, but it was one of the many times I was supposed to see them but didn't. I'm thinking of going to this as well; depends on my schedule.

E

Quote Originally Posted by sydaud View Post
    I finally got around to seeing Dylan last year on tour with the Foo Fighters. Boring, boring, boring. Dylan didn't even play the guitar. He did sing "Stuck Inside of Mobile...", but the only way I recognized it was because of the bassline.

i saw him at UCSB basketball court. Awful place to see anyone for sure, but Dylan was quite dissapointing. He didn't touch a guitar at my show either (keyboards only) and his voice was really, really horse. He did a lot new songs and older ones (Memphis Blues, Like A rolling Stone, All Along The Watch tower, etc) but every song had a country twist to em. I can't blame the guy for wanting to mix it up after all these years, plus I enjoyed the blue grass sound of his new stuff. Him and his band sorta sounded like a Dylan Blue grass cover band.

The best part of it was his band, hands down. He played with some amazing musicians. The lead guitarist was especially incredible. I was watching him most of the show.

At leat I'm able to say I've seen Dylan play. Had to at least once.

I did hear he is playing his guitar again this tour. Or least he did in Europe
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

how much are tickets and where can i get them? I went to his site and it said you have to have a pw to buy tickets for this.

Banned

Find out Summerkid; then inform Delta.

Thanks. You're a doll.

E

I missed him when he played UCSB and I kind of regret it but I did hear that he sucked that night so I don't feel so bad. It would be fun to see him at least once I guess.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Bob Dylan 7/19 and 7/20 Red Rocks..1st show sold out and trying to get tickets for the next...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    He did a lot new songs and older ones (Memphis Blues, Like A rolling Stone, All Along The Watch tower, etc) but every song had a country twist to em.

At leat I'm able to say I've seen Dylan play. Had to at least once.
    I forgot that he played "Watchtower" and "Rolling Stone". It sounds like he took one set list out on tour with him.

Which begs an interesting question? Pick any band/artist that you've never seen and assume you could only see them one time and you KNEW it was going to suck. Would you go seem the show anyway just to say that you saw said act live?

For my money, I would not.

I've seen Dylan 4 times. he's definitely hit or miss. but I'd go see him tomorrow if he were in town.

I forgot that he played "Watchtower" and "Rolling Stone". It sounds like he took one set list out on tour with him.

Which begs an interesting question? Pick any band/artist that you've never seen and assume you could only see them one time and you KNEW it was going to suck. Would you go seem the show anyway just to say that you saw said act live?

I wouldn't either. I went to see Van Morrison last summer. I like Van Morrison a lot, about 20 years ago I thought he was the greatest thing ever. But I'd never seen him before. And the concert last year pretty much sucked. And now I cringe whenever one of his songs comes up on iTunes. That one show pretty much ruined him for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

God I hope Dylan doesn't suck...just bought my tickets..Oh well..even if he does My Morning Jacket are opening and I hear they put on a excellent show.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014.

I wouldn't either, it can really destroy what you think of them afterwards. My worst was seeing a reunited Television at ATP 2002. It took them a hour just to tune their guitars then they still sounded terrible..haven't really listened to them since...

if you guys were asking about tickets for the midstate fair, you can grab tickets at vallitix.com

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I wouldn't either, it can really destroy what you think of them afterwards. My worst was seeing a reunited Television at ATP 2002. It took them a hour just to tune their guitars then they still sounded terrible..haven't really listened to them since...
    Aw, that really sucks. You would think that Verlaine and Lloyd on the same stage would equate to a great show.

We all have bad days.

I wouldn't either. I went to see Van Morrison last summer. I like Van Morrison a lot, about 20 years ago I thought he was the greatest thing ever. But I'd never seen him before. And the concert last year pretty much sucked. And now I cringe whenever one of his songs comes up on iTunes. That one show pretty much ruined him for me.
    I've always heard the same thing about Morrison and Dylan (that it's either a great show or a dreadful show).

I've noticed this leaving the hundreds of shows I've attended in my lifetime: I've left shows that I KNEW were horrible (The Stones "Bridges To Babylon" comes to mind) and you get a certain percentage of the people in the exiting crowd exclaiming how fucking great the band performed. It's like people set their expectations so high that regardless of what they were presented with, they can't bring themselves to the truth.

When people say, "At least I got to see ________" (defending the suckiness of the whole event) I think of them as having a similar mindset as the people I described above.

Saw Dylan last year and had a good time. Was a little disappointed he didn't play guitar at all, and some of the songs didn't click live the way they did on record ("Just Like a Woman" being the most egregious example), but once I got over the fact that I wasn't seeing Blonde on Blonde-era Dylan, I appreciated the concert for what it was. He's going to be back in town in July, but the unfortunate thing is that it's just a couple days after Daft Punk in LA and I don't know if I can swing another concert so soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Saw Dylan last year and had a good time. Was a little disappointed he didn't play guitar at all, and some of the songs didn't click live the way they did on record ("Just Like a Woman" being the most egregious example), but once I got over the fact that I wasn't seeing Blonde on Blonde-era Dylan, I appreciated the concert for what it was. He's going to be back in town in July, but the unfortunate thing is that it's just a couple days after Daft Punk in LA and I don't know if I can swing another concert so soon.
    from what I understand now, for this tour he is playing his guitar (something he hasn't done in 4 years...). he is 10 days before Daft Punk at Red Rocks here in Denver...fortunately I got tickets for both...but my credit card is not happy
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 06-12-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks for tempting me, TeamCoachellaHellYeah! I'm looking for a job right now so while I could afford the tickets, it wouldn't be terribly wise to get 'em. But if he is playing guitar like you say...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Thanks for tempting me, TeamCoachellaHellYeah! I'm looking for a job right now so while I could afford the tickets, it wouldn't be terribly wise to get 'em. But if he is playing guitar like you say...
    I read a article of his performance in Stockholm and they mention that he was playing his guitar for the 1st time...should be fun...

BUMP!

Wikipedia seems to think he is headlining Coachella next year.

Thoughts?

Headlining or not, the new Rolling Stone has the "70 Best Dylan Songs" in tribute to his 70th birthday. And for once they got something right, Tangled Up in Blue is #3.
    4/17 - Mogwai - El Rey (?)
    4/27 - Ghost BC - Fonda (?)
    4/29 - Franz Ferdinand - Wiltern (?)
    4/30 - Mono - Troubadour (?)
    5/03 - Philip Glass - Royce Hall

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I want to get the members of Brand New and Chvrches in a line and have all of them executed in front of their fans.
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I'll be in the Sahara...

I love Dylan, but I refuse to see him live now.

I'll have to check out the rolling stone issue. And damn straight that song that should be up there always.

Dylan has no voice. Forget it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Dylan would not be good on the main stage at a big fest like Coachella.

I saw him at the ACL Fest in '07. I thought he sounded OK - but I'm sure that was because I was relatively close (between the soundboard and the stage). Lots of people said he sounded awful from far away, and that I can believe (in one reviewer's words, "like a dying goat").
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.