Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 51

Thread: The Strokes vs. Kanye

  1. #1

    Default The Strokes vs. Kanye

    All those Kanye haters obviously can't see his talent and don't know what a hell of a show he will put on. AND This is the first The Strokes performance we have gotten at Coachella in a while....(ever? I dunno?)

    I am a fan of both. And Music lovers should be too.

    How many people really wish there is NO conflict between these two?

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    I will be @ The Strokes no matter what.

  3. #3
    Member zachyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    The Strokes are top priority for me of the whole weekend.
    -Zach

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by zachyd View Post
    The Strokes are top priority for me of the whole weekend.
    ^^^^^ This

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    YES

    For me THE STROKES come first also

    but damn.... to see an artist perhaps in a downward(upward?) spiral?
    'The Strokes are obviously a top performer for thousands coming to coachella. But DAMN

    "ACT LIKE I DON'T HA\/E A
    BELT IN TWO CLASSES"
    Last edited by naruto_kenshin; 02-18-2011 at 07:58 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    The Strokes.

    I would like to see Kanye's stage setup and if he is on time though.

  7. #7
    Member AndLeoObre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    The strokes are gonna go on first but about halfway through Kanye will get on stage and provide a spectacular performance that will steal the show. He'll let them finish though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    What is lulz?? Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    The 28th is the middle of March?? Holy CRAP its 56 days long!??!?! June just got OWN'D!

  8. #8

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by AndLeoObre View Post
    The strokes are gonna go on first but about halfway through Kanye will get on stage and provide a spectacular performance that will steal the show. He'll let them finish though.
    HAH

    SEE this is what I mean! People can't stop thinking about that MTV awards shit when in his album before Kanye said "50 told me change you style up and if they hate let them hate and if they hate and watch the money pile up" (HINT HINT: they figured out what America does.)[lowercase on purpose]

    Art is higher than all this. And Kanye understands that. I believe it is because black culture IS AMERICA.
    Last edited by naruto_kenshin; 02-18-2011 at 08:21 PM.

  9. #9
    Member SmokinPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by AndLeoObre View Post
    The strokes are gonna go on first but about halfway through Kanye will get on stage and provide a spectacular performance that will steal the show. He'll let them finish though.
    Has something like that ever happen before??

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPenguin View Post
    Has something like that ever happen before??

    YES BUT FORGET IT!! THATs how people get rich.

  11. #11
    Member SmokinPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    YES BUT FORGET IT!! THATs how people get rich.
    You have me lost. But who else has done this?

  12. #12

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    If you can't realize the artist that KANYE is then you are not in tune with that AMERICA has been going through this last 20years.

    Its slow and some kind of nature and soul that focuses on money and focuses on a goal of money and recognition. (I, as an AMERICAN feel this superficial achievement coming through more and more in music because music is supposed to be truthful. And If I don't feel people telling the truth then I feel inclined to type it out what it is I feel OPPOSED to that ideal...

    His ideal comes close
    Last edited by naruto_kenshin; 02-18-2011 at 08:31 PM.

  13. #13
    Member AndLeoObre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPenguin View Post
    You have me lost. But who else has done this?
    Hes right. You are obviously out of tune with America. Are you even American? For all I know you could be part of Al Queda. I bet you kick puppies. Why do you hate freedom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    What is lulz?? Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    The 28th is the middle of March?? Holy CRAP its 56 days long!??!?! June just got OWN'D!

  14. #14
    Member SmokinPenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    I'm as good of an american as the rest of you. Eating some freedom fries as we speak!

  15. #15
    Member PrettyRagdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    So.... OP is crazy... But I will be catching Kanye no matter what, as I'd never pay to see him by himself. Where as the Strokes is a band I can see on their individual tour

    Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

    Karma Police are coming for you


  16. #16

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyRagdoll View Post
    So.... OP is crazy... But I will be catching Kanye no matter what, as I'd never pay to see him by himself. Where as the Strokes is a band I can see on their individual tour
    AHHH
    I agree with this. completely. I was just trying to stir debate. too much to ask I guess in a forum run by kids.
    The Strokes I hope put more dates on tour before COACHELLA. In which case I could ignore them at the fest and concentrate on the more extravagant performers.

  17. #17

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinPenguin View Post
    You have me lost. But who else has done this?
    Everyone who has every changed their 'image' in the public eye, sir. Its a simple game that plays on the vulnerability of people in certain areas... seem poor... seem rich... seem out of luck...seem lucky... etc

  18. #18
    Member sk8r408's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    2,043

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    ...This is the first The Strokes performance we have gotten at Coachella in a while....(ever? I dunno?)
    2002

    Quote Originally Posted by zachyd View Post
    The Strokes are top priority for me of the whole weekend.
    ^This

    Quote Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
    I would like to see Kanye's stage setup and if he is on time though.
    ^and this
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    I believe it is because black culture IS AMERICA.
    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    If you can't realize the artist that KANYE is then you are not in tune with that AMERICA has been going through this last 20years.

    Its slow and some kind of nature and soul that focuses on money and focuses on a goal of money and recognition. (I, as an AMERICAN feel this superficial achievement coming through more and more in music because music is supposed to be truthful. And If I don't feel people telling the truth then I feel inclined to type it out what it is I feel OPPOSED to that ideal...

    His ideal comes close
    I think you should see Kanye, no matter what conflicts.

  19. #19
    Member hendrixfan143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,696

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Kanye> the Strokes

  20. #20
    Member wscmx13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Costa Mesa
    Posts
    1,132

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Kanye should be everybody's priority for the weekend.
    Friday Lou Reed, Modest Mouse,Beach House,Infected Mushroom, Johnny Marr,Wolfgang Gartner, Four Tet, TNGT, Earl Sweatshirt, Lee Scratch Perry, Dam Funk


    Saturday
    the XX, New Order, Knife Party, Violent Femmes, SMD, Major LAzer, 2 Chainz, Danny Brown, Booka Shade, Bingo Players, Pusha T, Trash Talk

    Sunday
    RHCP, Nick Cave, Vampire Weekend, Social D, Wu Tang,Eric Prydz, Lumineers, James Blake, Grimes, Raider Klan, Roni Size, Smith Westerns

  21. #21
    Member jokerfit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    temecula ca
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto_kenshin View Post
    All those Kanye haters obviously can't see his talent and don't know what a hell of a show he will put on. AND This is the first The Strokes performance we have gotten at Coachella in a while....(ever? I dunno?)

    I am a fan of both. And Music lovers should be too.

    How many people really wish there is NO conflict between these two?
    KANNNYYEEEE
    Jay HOVA Z BABYYY

  22. #22
    old school Mr. Fuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    theFUZZHOUSE
    Posts
    2,962

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    True story here...

    I saw Kanye West headline Street Scene San Diego in 2006 and that is why I haven't seen him or really cared for him since. He bitched and complained the entire time about everything. He wouldn't performe entire songs and he was just basically impossible to watch. We left half way through his set. I would be much more inclined to watch Kanye if he had a dj set. Or if some dj was just playing his hits. Seriously, save the drama for your mama.

    On the other hand I saw the Strokes subheadline Lollapolloza last year and they were fantastic! Personally, I love the Strokes' and Kanye's records but I would rather watch the Strokes live any day. If they conflict one would be a fool to take the risk on Kanye...like his lyrics even say "You should be honored by my lateness. That I would even show up to this fake shit". I just think that it's great that he'll be closing the festival because if he starts to fuss then people can just leave early.
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

  23. #23

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    I really don't think they'll conflict. The Strokes will be on the main stage before Kanye. They're both headlining. Besides, The Outdoor would be WAY too small for The Strokes.

  24. #24
    Member PrettyRagdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanriver7 View Post
    I really don't think they'll conflict. The Strokes will be on the main stage before Kanye. They're both headlining. Besides, The Outdoor would be WAY too small for The Strokes.
    In which case... Coachella would end on a perfect one-two punch, that will remind everyone of the even better.. Kraft-Portis-Prince

    Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

    Karma Police are coming for you


  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    458

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fuzz View Post
    True story here...

    I saw Kanye West headline Street Scene San Diego in 2006 and that is why I haven't seen him or really cared for him since. He bitched and complained the entire time about everything. He wouldn't performe entire songs and he was just basically impossible to watch. We left half way through his set. I would be much more inclined to watch Kanye if he had a dj set. Or if some dj was just playing his hits.
    Sounds like a lot of hip hop shows.

  26. #26
    Member hendrixfan143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,696

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanriver7 View Post
    I really don't think they'll conflict. The Strokes will be on the main stage before Kanye. They're both headlining. Besides, The Outdoor would be WAY too small for The Strokes.
    This would make seeing pj harvey and kanye almost impossible for me.

  27. #27

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    I hope there's a major conflict between the two. I'd love it if Kanye drew a ton of people away from The Strokes to avoid a ginormous crowd. But really, why would there be a schedule conflict? I don't think that would make sense.

  28. #28
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,492

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    You all do realize that Kanye and The Strokes will not conflict
    I plan on seeing them both having said that
    Kanye>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Strokes

  29. #29
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    I would HATE for this to be a conflict! But while I think Kanye will put on a sick show, The Strokes are my #1 band for the entire weekend...I almost never stay for entire sets anyway

  30. #30

    Default Re: The Strokes vs. Kanye

    i dnt think there will be a conflict, but anything can happen tho cuz last year tiesto went after muse on the main stage and muse was headlining, there was like a 2hr gap between their sets tho...but i will never see kanye although i do like his music, he is a giant douche.

Similar Threads

  1. The Strokes
    By rjadams90 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM
  2. Kanye West & The Strokes are not Sunday's headliners
    By Mr.Nipples in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 01:28 PM
  3. Please no DFA/PJ/Kanye/Strokes conflict kthx
    By TallGuyCM in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
  4. The Strokes
    By jgafs in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
  5. The Strokes '09!
    By sk8r408 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •