Thread: Stubhub VIP tix

Default Stubhub VIP tix

I set up to receive an email alert if stubhub had VIP passes under $1000. Today I got an alert and there were multiple passes in the $650-700 range. When I checked them about an hour later, they didn't read as VIP, but now I see that they do and there is even one for $500. It seems too good to be true. Does anyone know what's up?

Is there something tricky about how stubhub categorizes VIP vs. GA? I purposely set my alert for VIP only. It seems that sellers are forced to enter something in the "seats" field, so VIP tix appear to be GA VIP?

Default Re: Stubhub VIP tix

yeah it seems too good to be true but if they have them listed as vip and you get regular GA then you can tell stubhub you didn't get the tickets that were listed and they will buy some in their open market and charge the seller the difference. that's part of their fanprotect guarantee.

Just went to go check it out and it's too late, the $500 VIP is gone.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Yeah - pretty dumb to post your find on here if you were after it yourself. Nobody here is looking for tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Katy Perry, your expression goes along perfectly with your post, yet again. Well done.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

FYI: BUYER BEWARE:

Dear Jonathan,

If a listing states that it is for General Admission - VIP then it should include a VIP Wristband. Please keep in mind however, we do not guarantee non-ticket items. This means that we will only guarantee the General Admission ticket that will allow you access into the venue. If the ticket that you purchase includes a VIP wristband, and you are not allowed entry into the VIP area, it will not be covered by our FanProtect Guarantee.

I apologize for any inconvenience, if you have any other questions or concerns please contact us again.

Sincerely,

Ariana
    StubHub Customer Service
    Weekdays: 5:00AM -- 8:00PM (PST)
    Weekends: 6:00AM -- 7:00PM (PST)
    Soulwax

So StubHub's FanProtect Guarantee doesn't cover any non-ticket items...

This year's Coachella is using wristbands (a non-ticket item) for ALL levels of admission...

hmm....

wow, interesting revelation. thanks for the info miraj. damn, i thought stubhub was my sure thing. now what?

sonofhal: riiiiight, and it would have been really smart to just drop $500 and not know what i was buying.

smart guy

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    So StubHub's FanProtect Guarantee doesn't cover any non-ticket items...

This year's Coachella is using wristbands (a non-ticket item) for ALL levels of admission...

hmm....
    "...we will only guarantee the General Admission ticket that will allow you access into the venue."

I think you're misinterpreting. Your wristband IS your ticket. Just because it's not a physical paper ticket doesn't make it a "non-ticket item"

They clearly state that they DO guarantee the general admission tix on their site.
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

They guarantee GA, NOT VIP. So if something is listed as VIP and seems too good to be true... it is.
    Soulwax

You just got a clueless rep. The fact that the tickets are sortable into two categories by their site indicates that they are guaranteed and in fact are distingushing between the two types of tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by BCSBuzz View Post
    You just got a clueless rep. The fact that the tickets are sortable into two categories by their site indicates that they are guaranteed and in fact are distingushing between the two types of tickets.
    When you try to sell there is no distinguishing type between GA and GA - VIP. When you try to sell the tickets, there are two options for Type of Seats, General Admission or Specific Seats.

If you pick GA, you can't put any notes saying that it's VIP. So you have to pick Specific Seats, and in the section where you would normally put the seat numbers you have to put something like General Admission - VIP in the notes.

Seeing this makes me think that the rep was correct and they only guarantee a GA admission to the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by BCSBuzz View Post
    I am not going to bank on that.
    Soulwax

Quote Originally Posted by brfilora View Post
    "...we will only guarantee the General Admission ticket that will allow you access into the venue."

I think you're misinterpreting. Your wristband IS your ticket. Just because it's not a physical paper ticket doesn't make it a "non-ticket item"

They clearly state that they DO guarantee the general admission tix on their site.

I saw the same thing and called Stub Hub as well and they clearly said to me that they will cover the VIP tickets if not received. They broke down the tickets for sale on the site for GA and for VIP and when you go to sell, you have to choose which ones you are selling. The Wristbands are the tickets and they are covered by the Fan Protect Guarantee. So true, if you see VIP tickets way under face it leads to some concern, but your purchase is safe and you wont lose any money and they will attempt to get your the same or better as part of their guarantee. Hope this helps and if you have any questions, just call them up.

Quote Originally Posted by taggart29 View Post
    They broke down the tickets for sale on the site for GA and for VIP and when you go to sell, you have to choose which ones you are selling.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    No.

Yes!

Nice to see that you can copy a screen, but why dont you go and put in VIP in the section for seat, when you try to list your tickets, and a drop down menue will appear that gives you the option of General Admission or General Admission VIP.

Copy that so that everyone can see that they are giving you the option to sell and buy either type. Hell, thats clear from when you go to purchase the tickets from them as you have the option to look for just Gen Adm or VIP tickets.

Again, if anyone doubts what I was told, just call them up as they have to cover whatever it is they allow to be sold when they created both options.

I saw the same thing and called Stub Hub as well and they clearly said to me that they will cover the VIP tickets if not received. They broke down the tickets for sale on the site for GA and for VIP and when you go to sell, you have to choose which ones you are selling. The Wristbands are the tickets and they are covered by the Fan Protect Guarantee. So true, if you see VIP tickets way under face it leads to some concern, but your purchase is safe and you wont lose any money and they will attempt to get your the same or better as part of their guarantee. Hope this helps and if you have any questions, just call them up.
    Number?
    Soulwax

Nice to see that you can copy a screen, but why dont you go and put in VIP in the section for seat, when you try to list your tickets, and a drop down menue will appear that gives you the option of General Admission or General Admission VIP.
    This.

Get ready for some nice CC charges if you effed up on this one as a seller.

Quote Originally Posted by miraj View Post
    Number?
    Toll-Free: (866) 788-2482
    Weekdays: 5 a.m. - 8 p.m. Pacific time
    Weekends: 6 a.m. - 7 p.m. Pacific time