Thread: My Wishlist - Make Tickets Like Glastonbury

Default My Wishlist - Make Tickets Like Glastonbury

Register ahead of time, send a photo in, ticket sales announced, whoever buys a ticket gets a ticket for them self and is verified per form of ID and the pass with your effing face on it.

Game, Set, Match.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Default Re: My Wishlist - Make Tickets Like Glastonbury

how will i scalp?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

^ this
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

There are two types of wish lists: personal (or organizational) wish lists, and software User wish lists.

Personal (or organizational) wish lists compile an itemization of goods or services they desire. The list's author will then distribute copies of this list to family, friends, and other stakeholders who are likely to purchase gifts for the would-be recipient. The goal of a wish list is to facilitate communication between the gift receiver and the gift giver. Wish lists often contain items that a gift purchaser can obtain from a variety of retailers. Some wish lists are specialized for particular purposes or concentrated at individual retailers, such as gift registries (e.g., bridal registries).

Software user wish lists are typically written as one word: "wishlist". The user wish list is a compilation of user suggestions for requested features. Many enterprise websites and software packages offer users the option to add a "wish" - a suggestion for improvement or change - and to vote on the importance of suggestions supplied by the publisher or author of the website or software, and they attempt to give a quick response to the suggestions. For example Microsoft Visual Studio has a "community" menu, and Facebook has a "suggestions" section.

In many cases, when a company fails to supply such a framework, users create their own lists, in Internet forums or in blogs. When such a list becomes popular, the company must respond to the common requests.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    ^ this
    ^
    that
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

^ those

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    ^ this

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    ^
    that
    ^ The other thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

^these

Coachella Junkie

^ themselves.

I think that a better idea would be for people to save their money and buy tickets the day they go on layaway. If you don't like the lineup, sell your pass. If you can't sell it, it's fucking Coachella, just go.
    fuck.

v..

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    v..
    Flying
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Youth Gone Wild, 18 And Life, I Remember You, these songs are the soundtrack of a generation and would make for a great festival experience for thousands of people.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This year's viral video sensation will be ErikFlyingV's portapotty getting tipped over while he's in it.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I think that a better idea would be for people to save their money and buy tickets the day they go on layaway. If you don't like the lineup, sell your pass. If you can't sell it, it's fucking Coachella, just go.
    Hotels and flights are harder to cancel and are needed before lineup for affordability.

Per head camping is a much better thing to do than group passes.

this

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

^This

It's takes long enough getting in the gate as it is, no need to make the process worse with ID checks.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Hotels and flights are harder to cancel and are needed before lineup for affordability.

Per head camping is a much better thing to do than group passes.
    I can see how this can be a complication but it's an unfortunate risk you will probably have to take going forward.

I just see it like this - regardless of lineup - Goldenvoice puts on one hell of a show every year. It would take a lineup of extremely terrible proportions to get me to regret a ticket purchase. That's not to say I won't miss a year or two, but if I have the ticket and purchased a flight+hotel I am pretty sure that I am going to have a blast no matter what.

Luckily for me, I am about a 5 hour drive from the polo fields so I don't have to worry about flights if I don't want to.
    fuck.

Bump
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

^ not this
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

^ These guys.....

down the fuckin' Volley with Tommy, playing pool.I'm playing like Paul-Fuckin'-Newman by the way.

Do us a favour GV and let us print our own tix again, than we can flog 'em if we dont like the line up.
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

fuck this idea. it's always been my nightmare that i would miss out on a year due to a stupid system like this.

i've been going since 99 and only missed a few years in the early 2000s. i always make sure i have money around the usual on sale times ever since the 2007 rage fiasco when it sold out but by the grace of GV they released more tickets at glasshouse record store. i fucked up that year and i almost paid the price. to take things out of the control of responsible loyal attendees and just make it a random free for all... yea fuck that. i dont think there are ever as many scalped tickets as procrastinators want to believe. "coachella sold out? must be those fucking scalpers!!!" or it might just be everybody else and their friend buying tickets for themselves. scalping is a problem yes, but turning coachella into a police state is not the answer. besides i take sick comfort in knowing that if both the presale/onsale sell out before my turn in the ticket queue comes i can still pony up and pay a scalper some ridiculous amount and still go. if we did things your way and everyone needed ID, that would mean if you didnt get in on the sale you are 100% screwed.

also keep in mind once dubstep begins to die (another 3-5 years or so) the #YOLO BRO attendance will likely drop quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by socalguy100 View Post
    It's takes long enough getting in the gate as it is, no need to make the process worse with ID checks.
    this too. you've seen of some of the people working the gates. lets not give them any more ways to fuck things up as they are already quite capable of doing so already