Thread: Questions from an Aussie keen to attend Coachella

Lurker

Default Questions from an Aussie keen to attend Coachella

Hey,

just found out about the lineup of this festival that i've never even heard of before....but desperately want to go!

would love you friendly americans to help me out with a few questions i have as i am from australia and dont know the score with this type of stuff in the states.

- when purchasing tickets, it is done over the internet and are they are just posted out to the buyer?

- are tickets printed with the buyers name on it, and thus not transferable?

- what was the price of tickets last year?

- is camping at the festival extra or included in the price, and is it worth camping? ie. good facilities, good people, etc.

- is there any reason why i shouldnt pay for an airfare and a ticket to come over there and rock with all you guys?

any info here would be greatly appreciated. its not always easy getting tickets to festivals overseas!

thanks peeps

Default Re: Questions from an Aussie keen to attend Coachella

1.) yeah you can buy them on the internet.

2.) not sure

3.) somewhere around $80, i think a little bit more. maybe $85? i could be very wrong.

4.) it costs extra. i'm not sure if it'd be worth the cost or not. i assume it's worth it.

5.) no reason not to do so.
    so come.

Lurker

i came down from Canada and just bought my tickets online. i don't recall them having names on them? two day pass last year was something like $185US? to come from England and to only go for one day is sad...sad...sad... Camping last year was $35 for all three nights. i read somewhere that is $40 this year and that would be for four nights. Camping sucked, it was really hot, long line ups for the shower but I loved it and would totally do it again. Everyone camping we met were so awesome, it was a great experience.

Hey mate,

I live in Sydney as well and bought my tix for this year's Coachella in the pre-sale at the weekend. I also went last year and the people who went then were given the chance to buy this year's ahead of the general release. Glad I did now after seeing the line up - outstanding!

I went to an event for work in Las Vegas just before last year's Coachella and will be doing the same this year, so i don't have to pay for my flights, which obviously helps with the cost.

It's a really well set up festival though not quite as loose as some of the ones in the UK like Glastonbury and T in the Park.

As far as I remember, the tickets do not have your name on them so you could buy one and sell it on if you can't make it over.

I stayed at the campsite last year and it was fine. Showers, toilets and shops on site and the queues aren't too bad. Pretty uncomfortable heat in the tent in the morning though.

The only downside is the bars in the festival site. They are all fenced off and they won't let you leave the bar area with a drink, so if you want a beer you have to miss some of the music, which is f*cking ridiculous, particularly as it's usually scorching hot and a cold beer would go down very well.

Ticket prices are about the same as last year and are pretty reasonable considering who you get to see. I paid US$200 for a weekend ticket and I've heard the camping passes will be around US$40.

You should go. You'll have a blast. I went on my own last year and met a bunch of Americans while queueing up for the campsite who invited me to pitch my tent with them and they were first class. Met loads of other sound people as well. Go for it.

Stu.

Me again. I meant to mention that in the States they have a system called 'will call' that lets you pick up the tix from a booth outside the venue by showing your credit card, so you don't have to stress about them getting lost in the post or not arriving in time.

I agree with everything people said. And definately camp. For me that is half the fun. The people you meet are really cool and it is a blast.

hey im an aussie to whos massivly keen on going now that rage has been announced, when do tix go on sale in australian eastern standard time? wats my chances of scoring some? should be a freaken blast, is this preety big a bigger version of the big day out over there?

Coachella tickets have sold out in the past - but never in a day (well, not in the last 4 years) - Might be different this year tho.

Lurker

I'm another one from Sydney who's keen to go, and a friend is thinking about it. If you find any good flight deals or anything then let us know.

My main concern is getting from LA to the festival.. I don't drive so I imagine it could be quite difficult..?

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes View Post
    I'm another one from Sydney who's keen to go, and a friend is thinking about it. If you find any good flight deals or anything then let us know.

My main concern is getting from LA to the festival.. I don't drive so I imagine it could be quite difficult..?
    http://www.greyhound.com

$20 from LA to Indio and $20 from Indio to LA. Once at the bus station in Indio there are cabs that usually charge $6-10 per person and they'll drop you off right at the campgrounds. I did this last year and almost everyone on the bus was from another country. Canada, Australia, UK, Macedonia, Japan.

The only problem is getting from the campgrounds back to the bus station on Monday morning. I called every single taxi service listed on the website last year and half the numbers were invalid, and the other half did not want to send any cabs out, unless we were going to the airport in Palm Springs. 4 miles is too far to walk in the desert sun after a looong weekend, especially when burdened by all that camping gear.

Another aussie planning to go here. Shit, I better get my flights sorted before they get booked out :-S

English lad looking to come over for the party - anyone on here from the UK? Where's the best place to fly from / to? LA + Greyhound sounds like a plan.

another aussie joins the ranks

Im from perth but will be over in the U.S. in March, coming down from San Francisco a few days before the event.

i'm an aussie who moved to houston, texas for one year for work. I'm going with my girlfriend who is also from Perth. Maybe we can organise an aussie meet up or if a few of us are going maybe we can organise a share car or something to get there?

Wink Re: Questions from an Aussie keen to attend Coachella

im a canadian going...But last year I was in Aus and went to Big Day Out and I have to say the best thing ever was that you can walk around with beer. You get a wristband when you walk in. It was awesome. More concerts should do the same. Hey I should remember to bring a stubby...

Lurker

well....

which aussies have been and camped at coachella in the past........if you can name and area of the campsite we should all set up there....it'll be an aussie expat convention.

nice!@