Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those w/o camping gear and don't want to buy them, campervan rentals.

Default For those w/o camping gear and don't want to buy them, campervan rentals.

http://www.escapecampervans.com/

may be worth it for some of you.

Unique hand painted artwork from a top local artist.
    Equipped to sleep 3 adults and seat 4.
    A Queen size/Full size bed
    2 burner Propane Cooker
    Sink with running water
    Heater (supplied in Winter Months)
    120v Power cable to run appliances.
    Electric Chiller. 28 QT (25 litre)
    All cooking and eating utensils.
    3 outdoor picnic chairs (with drink holders)
    Foldaway inside table.
    All bedding (Duvets/Comforter, Sheets and Pillows)
    CD player and iPod (mp3) audio input.
    Power steering.
    A/C in the drivers cab.
    All Campers are a smoke free zone.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Default Re: For those w/o camping gear and don't want to buy them, campervan rentals.

This actually looks pretty awesome. Haven't checked price yet though.

Default Re: For those w/o camping gear and don't want to buy them, campervan rentals.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    it's like $440 or something and you have to take it for a week, so you have it for the whole time of the festival, if you want add some things like they have a solar shower, etc. for additional funds.

This is good for people who were already planning on renting a car/van/etc.

Also a comfortable place to sleep.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I'd be so tempted to attach a "FREE CANDY INSIDE" magnet once I got to the campgrounds........... and reward brave, curious folk with Bubbletape and Fun Dip.

It's not bad, I looked at 4/13 - 4/20 from LA and got a price like $500. $200 deposit.

Yeah, I checked the prices too. Very, very reasonable for an entire week. If you get it out of LA you won't go over the miles either. A great alternative considering there are no RVs allowed this year. The comfortable bed is a huge plus. The camping stove / sink in the back is really nice too.

Yeah, I checked the prices too. Very, very reasonable for an entire week. If you get it out of LA you won't go over the miles either. A great alternative considering there are no RVs allowed this year. The comfortable bed is a huge plus. The camping stove / sink in the back is really nice too.
    Yeah even if you have a group you could fit a tent or 2 in the camp spot, charge whoever uses the bed maybe a bit more than everyone else, then you have a sink, stove, all that jazz and it comes w/ the folding chairs as well.
    COACHELLA 2014

this seems like a pretty solid deal. too bad i'm not heading from LA.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Thank you for posting this. It is the perfect thing my 2 friends and I need for the week. It literally is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Thank you for posting this. It is the perfect thing my 2 friends and I need for the week. It literally is perfect.
    Glad I can help =)
    COACHELLA 2014

How does it sleep 3 though? They don't look like they can even fit in a bed let alone 2

I don't think it can sleep 3. Definitely 2 though.

I don't think it can sleep 3. Definitely 2 though.
    it could fit me, my gf and another cute/hot girl!
    COACHELLA 2014

I saw one of these last year in the campgrounds...

They are definitly sold out! Called at 6:30 today. Would have been awesome!!!

I want to rent one of these for Coachella and then work my way slowly up the coast to Sasquatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    it could fit me, my gf and another cute/hot girl!
    Your mom is hot. Ask her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Not a bad deal. If I get this and then have people who need a camping spot split itll all work out.

Turns out they are down the street from where I live. Will check it out tomorrow

hey guys you have to be careful,

I emailed coachella about my campervan (its a 76 dodge b200 if that helps), It has a bed fridge and propane stovetop.
    Apparently they wont let it in as its considered an RV, even though its a full size van with a "popped" roof. They said that as a general rule anything that is designed to be slept in will not be allowed in.

I emailed with a photo and so did my friend and we both got the same reply

I reserved one if someone cancels. I was the only one on that list. Just an hour ago they called and said someone's plans fell through.

If anyone else wanted one, get put on the reserve list in case of cancellations.

Congrats! What are your thoughts on the post above you. I think its incorrect, but it's the only thing leaving me hesitant.

*edit*
    Wait a minute Creep. Did you create an alias to post that, thereby tricking someone into cancelling?
    Last edited by koryp; 02-16-2011 at 01:45 PM.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Congrats! What are your thoughts on the post above you. I think its incorrect, but it's the only thing leaving me hesitant.

*edit*
    Wait a minute Creep. Did you create an alias to post that, thereby tricking someone into cancelling?
    No, althought that is kind of cleaver. Their website says it it Coachella friendy as far as all the features go. As long as the size fits I don't see why they should give a shit what's in it. My opinion, unfortunately not theirs.

Cool. I sent them an email asking to be on a waiting list. Hope this works. It is a really good looking set up. Whatever way it goes, update us after Coachella with a review of the van and any hassles given.

Good luck to ya. I think the fact of tickets selling out so quick screwed peoples rental intentions over.

Will do. I have read nothing but good reviews. I heard they don't rent them to people going to Burning Man though.

No, not a creep. just telling u what has happened to me.. why would i want somebody to cancel if i already own my own van??

i'd email coachellas info adress and see what they say.. better than showing up and shown the exit.
    aussies in coachella '11

Quote Originally Posted by adam_hazell View Post
    No, not a creep. just telling u what has happened to me.. why would i want somebody to cancel if i already own my own van??

i'd email coachellas info adress and see what they say.. better than showing up and shown the exit.
    You might want to read the user name of the boardie who posted above you. Look around the board a little more. Maybe even read a thread or two. Turn your sense of humor back on and rethink your response. js

I don't mind you raising suspision though, it may help me out since I'm on the waiting list.

maybe you should stop assuming that I dont have a sense of humour or hadnt read alot of other threads. I was just trying to help some people out.
    aussies in coachella '11

I have emailed Coachella about these vans to see if they are allowed and still haven't heard anything. I'm 3 days away from posting the question and website link on Paul T's FB wall to ask him personally lol.

These vans are normal size but I'm slightly paranoid to spend 580+ gas for the week to rent it if they aren't allowed due to having a sink, stove and bed inside it.

HELP

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    I have emailed Coachella about these vans to see if they are allowed and still haven't heard anything. I'm 3 days away from posting the question and website link on Paul T's FB wall to ask him personally lol.

These vans are normal size but I'm slightly paranoid to spend 580+ gas for the week to rent it if they aren't allowed due to having a sink, stove and bed inside it.

HELP
    Other people have contacted them and supposedly anything you can sleep in isn't allowed. But I'd bring an extra tent and be like but we're not sleeping in here! or something....
    COACHELLA 2014

I am getting a tent from someone so I guess ill try that. I hope they're not like "well, there's a bed in there so you're SOL!"