Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any crazy traffic stories?

Default Re: any crazy traffic stories?

Anyone driving in and out each night better know...if u stay for the headline act you'll be in the lot for a minimum of 2 hours. Keep a cold cooler with food and drinks as you wont be moving anywhere. Also note it'll be real dusty.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelll0ve View Post

This came in handy in the Coachella lines when people were at a standstill like fucking cattle. Swooping around the lines--yes, i was one of THOSE, but cutting of 40 cars is exhilarating when you see they were all waiting for... a big gap in the line-- we made it in under 4 hours (I'm used to nine to eleven hour waits at other festivals so I was psyched)... the other car in my group didnt get in for about nine hours.
    they reserve a special place in hell for people like you
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by le cab View Post
    Friday was horrible. Stuck in traffic for 4 hours... and on our way out of the fest. the Police officers weren't directing traffic and there was a SEA OF PEOPLE on the road.
    Needless to say (if any of you were there) I was the douche honking my way out of the situation...
    Yes, that was the disaster night. I think I was sitting in my car, in line to get out of the parking lot, with my engine off and the line not moving an inch for a full two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Anyone driving in and out each night better know...if u stay for the headline act you'll be in the lot for a minimum of 2 hours. Keep a cold cooler with food and drinks as you wont be moving anywhere. Also note it'll be real dusty.
    Also, since anyone with a festival pass can go into the camping area, there's nothing to stop you from partying at the Pure Filth stage in camping for an hour or two before you try to leave.

Not going to lie, I didnt mind sitting in traffic to get out on Saturday night. I turned the car off, and with my friend sat on top talking to the hippies behind us and enjoying the cool air. Gave us some time to sober up before really hitting the road, and we met some cool people.

Ahh I miss my New York plates. Driving for the first couple of months in California was awesome. People would get pissed at my dick bag maneuvers, see the plates, forget that NY is a STATE and not just a CITY where nobody drives cars, become terrified and let me do my thing.

This came in handy in the Coachella lines when people were at a standstill like fucking cattle. Swooping around the lines--yes, i was one of THOSE, but cutting of 40 cars is exhilarating when you see they were all waiting for... a big gap in the line-- we made it in under 4 hours (I'm used to nine to eleven hour waits at other festivals so I was psyched)... the other car in my group didnt get in for about nine hours.
    I find it humorous that you think people in LA were "terrified". But if that was your perception so be it. When I lived in LA I carried an aluminum baseball bat for fucktards like you. And I've also seen people pull a tire iron over people cutting in (and this was at a UCLA basketball game of all places). Just be aware that there are people out there that wouldn't stand for your shit.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    We cut the line every year by driving in the median, pulling up a few cars short of the intersection, then sliding open the van door and giving out as many open beers as there are in the car we are cutting in front of. It has worked the 6 times we have tried it. The reactions are priceless, "WTF, you are NOT going to cut in front of us... Oh, beer! Okay then, go ahead."
    You may have cut in front of me a couple years back. At first we were all like WTF, then then we saw the beer, and ere happy to let you in.

Ah, what a man will do for free beer.
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

I don't mind the traffic for the car lines, last year we had to wait four hours or so. We all sat ontop of the car roof and drank beer and blasted music and car surfed here and there, sounds lame but i made alot of friends and watched the sunset; it's hard to be pissy when you're at Coachella ( but i must say clever idea digitaldragon )

Quote Originally Posted by never-hide View Post
    I don't mind the traffic for the car lines, last year we had to wait four hours or so. We all sat ontop of the car roof and drank beer and blasted music and car surfed here and there, sounds lame but i made alot of friends and watched the sunset; it's hard to be pissy when you're at Coachella ( but i must say clever idea digitaldragon )
    this is actually great advice. i guess i will be on top of my car this year (provided i can get a fucking ticket.)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    I take it you're looking forward to Kings of Leon?
    nah. interpol, magnetic man, high contrast, andy c, dj zinc, national, JEW, broken social scene, gogol bordello what i can think of off the top of my head
    Last edited by mikecc; 02-08-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

line cutters, fuck you.

i also like hanging out in the camp grounds for a bit before heading back. nice to see what everyone's coachella was like.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

last year, my gf and i left san diego around 3:30-4:00. made decent time getting to indio. exited the freeway at jefferson. from the exit, it took us a little under 4 hours to get parked and walking (we still had about a mile to walk to get into the venue. just barely caught the beginning of deadmau5's set. 4 hours to get through less than 2 miles of road. nice...

Ahh I miss my New York plates. Driving for the first couple of months in California was awesome. People would get pissed at my dick bag maneuvers, see the plates, forget that NY is a STATE and not just a CITY where nobody drives cars, become terrified and let me do my thing.

By the third day we had figured out all the back roads and it only took us a half hour with traffic TO the venue to get in. Thank god we're camping this year, that fuckery/traffic was NOT worth it. Check out a map of the area, keep a copy in the car, and pick a good navigator to sit up front.
    You're the same girl who posted your story about some cop cavity searching you without a warning right? Well you deserved it bitch, I hope you enjoy your post-traumatic stress disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    You're the same girl who posted your story about some cop cavity searching you without a warning right? Well you deserved it bitch, I hope you enjoy your post-traumatic stress disorder.
    She's either trolling, or 110% attention-needy c-u-n-t-bag.

And if you're reading this Rachel, no, that is not a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    line cutters, fuck you.
    ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    line cutters, fuck you.
    this.

You assuming everyone else around you is so ignorant is pretty ignorant in itself.
    Its highly possible that those drivers backed off because they realized how shitty of a driver you really are and didnt want to be near you for their own safety.

If you're going to cut, at least have the decency to give out free beer... It's the American thing to do.
    '03, '04, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...
    ...#10 is gonna be grand in 2014

Do you think there will be a traffic clusterfuck beyond the usual drama because of the "not within a mile without a wristband" deal? I'll be riding my bike, so I'll wave as I pass. Just curious.

Ya'll are cute as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Do you think there will be a traffic clusterfuck beyond the usual drama because of the "not within a mile without a wristband" deal? I'll be riding my bike, so I'll wave as I pass. Just curious.
    i was thinking the same. i can see it now, a car with 1-2 dbags without wristbands trying to talk their way out of it for 20 mins while holding up the line, could get messy. driving to the fest has been different for me every year, you can only plan so much. leaving on the other hand...

if you want to avoid traffic leaving the show you have three options.

leave early
    camp
    wait for traffic to die off, then leave (keep in mind if you choose this option you might be waiting a really really long time)

there's really no other way*. every year since 04 i have made it a point to leave about 10-20 mins before the last major act finishes (main/outdoor/sahara) and ive rarely been stuck in traffic more than 20 mins. yes i have missed a few good endings, daft punk being the only one i regret, but other than that i'd rather miss prince/rage/the cure/etienne de caca/etc's encore than be stuck in my car for 5 hours

*unless youre lucky enough to get a good spot in a good lot
    Last edited by anonimouse; 02-09-2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: a wild bulbasaur appears!!!

This is how I deal with people who seem to think that they are too good to wait for their turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNnaXq5PglE

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    This is how I deal with people who seem to think that they are too good to wait for their turn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNnaXq5PglE
    IN HEAVEN DER R NO LINEZ.

IN HEAVEN DER R NO LINEZ.
    So not true.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    The traffic is a nightmare on Thursday night. You can wait 4-5 hours to get to your camping area.

If you can get out of work early...do so. The later you are the longer the wait.

Have a cooler ready, food ready, gas up as you enter town and be ready to wait.
    This is very, very true; we left LA at around 9PM, got about a mile or so from the venue by midnight and weren't at our spot until 3AM. Lesson learned; I'm hitting the rode at 11AM on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Is traffic thursday really that bad? How is the searching thursday night? Are they taking their sweet ass time with each and every car, makeing you unpack literally everything searching for guns and drugs? Are searches on thursday more intense/detailed than friday? My group (of about 25-30 cars) is trying to meet up around 5-6pm in town then caravan in. Is traffic still horrendous at this hour?

Quote Originally Posted by stonedfreedom View Post
    Is traffic thursday really that bad? How is the searching thursday night? Are they taking their sweet ass time with each and every car, makeing you unpack literally everything searching for guns and drugs? Are searches on thursday more intense/detailed than friday? My group (of about 25-30 cars) is trying to meet up around 5-6pm in town then caravan in. Is traffic still horrendous at this hour?
    guns? guns?!?!?!? who said anything about guns

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    We cut the line every year by driving in the median, pulling up a few cars short of the intersection, then sliding open the van door and giving out as many open beers as there are in the car we are cutting in front of. It has worked the 6 times we have tried it. The reactions are priceless, "WTF, you are NOT going to cut in front of us... Oh, beer! Okay then, go ahead."
    Fuck you anyway. Impatient bastard. What about all the people behind that didn't get one?

First time I went it was 2004, I'd just turned 17, and I was trying to get back to my mom's time share in palm springs (she was freaking out because it was so late). Around 2AM i tried calling her with my buddy's razor cell phone to let her know we were still in the parking lot trying to get out. After I hung up, I (out of habit) put my friends phone into the cup holder closest to me. Unfortunately there was a glass (half full) of water in the cup holder and I had accidentally dunked his phone into it. Showed up to the time share around 4am, got yelled at, did the time share one more year and have been camping ever since!

You line cutters have a thing or two to learn from this speech... specifically here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JzGOiBXeD4#t=08m47s