Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best time to show up for car camping

Default Best time to show up for car camping

better to try and be the 1st few in, or the last few in?
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Default Re: Best time to show up for car camping

I wanna say we rolled into the festival at about 5:30ish. We were at our campsite setting up by 7:15. (And our campsite was about 150 yards from the entrance into the concert area)

EDIT: 5:30 on Thursday
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

We got there thursday at 10am knowing they were not suppose to let us in till noon. They finally started checking cars at like 2 and it took us about a hour to get through.

If anyone has ever shown up between 6-7am on friday i would be very curious to know how long it took you to get in since ill beoing doing so this year.

Thanks

Rockeropaisa

i got there friday morning around 9ish and it took me like 30 minutes or so to be in the car camp grounds. not alot of cars in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeropaisa View Post
    i got there friday morning around 9ish and it took me like 30 minutes or so to be in the car camp grounds. not alot of cars in that time.
    how far from the gates were you?
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by gbgbgb View Post
    We got there thursday at 10am knowing they were not suppose to let us in till noon. They finally started checking cars at like 2 and it took us about a hour to get through.

If anyone has ever shown up between 6-7am on friday i would be very curious to know how long it took you to get in since ill beoing doing so this year.

Thanks
    I drove right in. You'll be in the second camping grounds, but who cares. Your away from the noise when you want to sleep.

I got there last year on Thursday night around 10 pm. It took about 2:30 hrs to get to our campsite to set up, but we got an excellent spot.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

So...if you go on Thursday is it pretty loud and crazy. I have heard the people who like to party end up here. I'm kind of torn...I want to be close, but I want to sleep when I get back to my tent. I'm going for the music!

stepup2stepout

Quote Originally Posted by musegirl View Post
    So...if you go on Thursday is it pretty loud and crazy. I have heard the people who like to party end up here. I'm kind of torn...I want to be close, but I want to sleep when I get back to my tent. I'm going for the music!
    It's basically a rager from Thursday to Monday anyways. Sunday night last year was one of the most amazing events I have seen in my lifetime. Bring earplugs.

Rockeropaisa

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    how far from the gates were you?
    It use to talke me 10-15 minutes to walk to the entrance. I was located in Lot10A in the top left.

Quote Originally Posted by musegirl View Post
    We went early on Thursday and I slept every night and I am a very light sleeper:-) Battery operated sound machine - Walmart - 17.00 Very worth it for 4 good nights of sleep!
    http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/03...67_500X500.jpg

For smart phones there are tons of apps for sleeping white noise too but it does drain your battery.

Here's a great time to show up:

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by stepup2stepout View Post
    Bring earplugs.
    Great advice...We were about 100-150 yards from Bassface and without earplugs there was no sleeping before 3:00 when it shut down (which was about when we usually ended up going to sleep anyways)

There was an area of camping that was RIGHT next to Bassface, and those were filled by the time we got in on Thursday afternoon. I know those people got NO sleep while the dubstep was playing till 3am haha
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Rockeropaisa View Post
    It use to talke me 10-15 minutes to walk to the entrance. I was located in Lot10A in the top left.

early thursday people, did they fill in Lot 12A for car camping first last year? seems kind of silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    I wonder if that person knows they spelled "you're" wrong on their tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    early thursday people, did they fill in Lot 12A for car camping first last year? seems kind of silly.

We were in the first group let through on Thursday at 2pm and were all parked in lot 8, right next to the festival entrance. We didn't even know about lot 12a until we left on Monday.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    We were in the first group let through on Thursday at 2pm and were all parked in lot 8, right next to the festival entrance. We didn't even know about lot 12a until we left on Monday.
    did you like being close to the festival? or would you have rather been a bit more away from it all? was noise that bad? or was it annoying to have so much foot traffic by your campsite?
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    That is kind of odd since we also were in the first wave of people they let into camping and we were in 12A. It was probably the nicest camping area we thought after walking around. All a matter of opinion I guess:-)

I was in 12A, I got there at like 10 or 11 am on Thursday. I enjoyed it a lot more since it was so small. It was quiet except for the sounds from the sahara. I would prefer being in a little group rather than in the middle of the huuuuge lot 8.

Sounds like after searching cars it was like the disneyland parking structure and they waived cars to various places.
    COACHELLA 2014

Quote Originally Posted by _John View Post
    I wonder if that person knows they spelled "you're" wrong on their tattoo.
    That's an assumption... maybe that tattoo wasn't complete at that time. "SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD CELL PHONE IS DONE CHARGING" or something like that. "SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD DOG'S ASHES RETURN FROM THE CREMATORY". You never know.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    That's an assumption... maybe that tattoo wasn't complete at that time. "SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD CELL PHONE IS DONE CHARGING" or something like that. "SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD DOG'S ASHES RETURN FROM THE CREMATORY". You never know.
    Yeah I got a "SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD CAR IS IN THE JUNKYARD" tattoo myself.
    COACHELLA 2014

At least that tattoo is easily fixable...still might annoy your significant other for the rest of her/his life though.

Yeah I got a "SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD CAR IS IN THE JUNKYARD" tattoo myself.
    Damn, that's sweet... kinda makes me regret the choice to get my "SLEEP WHEN YOUR DEAD SERIOUS GRANDMA DISOWNS YOU 4 LIFE" one.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

did you like being close to the festival? or would you have rather been a bit more away from it all? was noise that bad? or was it annoying to have so much foot traffic by your campsite?
    It was perfect. Other than aussies screaming at 3am because they thought daft punk was playing the swing sets. We were close to everything. I will use up more of my space this year though. I left a nice open area next to our shade tent to keep it uncluttered, but that was mostly used as a passage between the rows by everyone else. As far as where in the polo fields I would prefer to be, when I'm at coachella I don't care about that shit until Monday. I don't think there were any bad spots to camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthecolumbiagorge View Post
    That is kind of odd since we also were in the first wave of people they let into camping and we were in 12A. It was probably the nicest camping area we thought after walking around. All a matter of opinion I guess:-)
    I guess we were in the slow checkpoint line. I just followed the bumper in front of me.

Sounds like after searching cars it was like the disneyland parking structure and they waived cars to various places.
    Maybe they attendants look at at you and decide if you look like you want to party or not?

Quote Originally Posted by manalive! View Post
    Maybe they attendants look at at you and decide if you look like you want to party or not?
    It's based on how much alcohol and drugs they find
    COACHELLA 2014

So how did my Soberchella painting on the car land us with the cool kids?

Quote Originally Posted by Strike III View Post
    I was in 12A, I got there at like 10 or 11 am on Thursday. I enjoyed it a lot more since it was so small. It was quiet except for the sounds from the sahara. I would prefer being in a little group rather than in the middle of the huuuuge lot 8.
    Did you sign our banner?
    Attachment 1667

We will have a new one this year. I think we got over 500 signatures on the one from last year:-)