Thread: Mariachi El Bronx

Default Mariachi El Bronx

Does anyone who have seen Mariachi El Bronx live know if they ever play regular Bronx songs? Or will it be an all mariachi set? Would love to hear Heart Attack American on the polo fields
    Jay Electronica 2011

Default Re: Mariachi El Bronx

Saw them with the Hold Steady. Only mariachi. It's pretty awesome, though.
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

It's only Mariachi El Bronx songs. They seem to have more fun playing as Mariachi then they do as just The Bronx. They put on a killer set opening up for Primus last year at Club Nokia.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

I've looked at the lineup hundreds of times but somehow never saw this name, or at least never made the Bronx connection. Had no idea that's what these guys were up to these days, gotta download this. Their debut album is still one of my favorites.

Word, thanks for the info. Will still definitely be checking them out. I've been getting more into their mariachi stuff, i really like this Prince cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcoVyDFoKXI
    Jay Electronica 2011

Anyone know why they'd be listed as The Bronx at Sasquatch and Mariche El Bronx for us? I imagine they'd be doing the same thing at both, right?

Saw them at Fun Fun Fun Fest last year, they are quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by chopperdave934 View Post
    Anyone know why they'd be listed as The Bronx at Sasquatch and Mariche El Bronx for us? I imagine they'd be doing the same thing at both, right?
    Uhhh... no. Mariachi El Bronx are Mariachi El Bronx. The Bronx are The Bronx. They are two different bands... with the same members. They will be playing a Bronx set at Sasquatch and a Mariachi El Bronx set at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Ah, that's what I was wondering, if the Sasquatch lineup maybe was sposta read Mariachi El Bronx instead. Kinda sad we're not getting the Bronx set, but will still probably check this out.

will someone post some vids...???
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of The Bronx, but holy hell the Mariachi El bronx album is fucking good! I'm really excited about this set.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    They seem to have more fun playing as Mariachi then they do as just The Bronx.
    Totally. They look like they are having an absolute blast when they play as Mariachi el Bronx. It's a neat mix of reverence for the style with a knowing nod to how odd it is that they're doing it. They just seem to be having fun when they play it live.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    will someone post some vids...???

And my personal favorite...

Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)

Very Very excited for this!!!! This would be an amazing way to start off saturday

CAN'T WAIT! to see them

this will be really cool! I've always wanted to catch a regular bronx set, but this will be fun

The Bronx is releasing a new record! They will play Los Globos on February 5.

They would be a good mid-day Mojave set!

OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

They're quite good live. Saw them in 2011 and I was pleasantly surprised by a Mariachi band with a bunch of white guys.

I saw them in brooklyn a year or 2 back. It was all mariachi and although i didnt know what to expect when i saw them, i must say i thoroughly enjoyed it. Would definitely look forward to seeing them on the fields.
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

The bronx though is much better than mariachi