Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella vs Sasquatch

Default Re: Coachella vs Sasquatch

Sasquatch is fantastic, I come from Edmonton Alberta Can. and the best part about Sasquatch is nearly everyone I know who is into music goes down as it is much closer, also just a more laidback vibe and a mad party. The addition of the dance tent/more electronic acts in recent years has really improved the fest as a whole, and the Gorge is a really GORGEOUS venue, pun intended.

But as far as the music goes, Coachella is on a whole other level. It's not in the same ballpark, it ain't even the same game. And frankly I consider the Polo Fields with the green grass and palm trees to be almost as beautiful as the gorge.

But I mean, I'm really into electronic music (as well as rock, indie, hip hop, most everything) and really, the thing about Coachella that really makes it stand out is the MOTHERFUCKIN SAHARA TENT. comparing the INSANE light shows and visual displays and the overall vibe as well as the acts in the Sahara to Sasquatch's "Banana Shack" is like comparing Ibiza to a hole in the wall. Or like throwing an X-Wing at a Star Destroyer. If star wars references help you understand things more clearly. It is some next-level shit.

I also have a thing for live electronic bands. For instance, crystal castles, the presets, cut copy, trentemoller, yelle, I guess leftfield though I'm not really into it, etc. And for that sort of thing Coachella can't be beat.

shut up Edmontonian. You weren't even gonna go to Coachella this year until you saw the shitty Sasquatch line up. You thought it would compare.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    So if you're not a fattie like the ghost than this statement really doesn't pertain to you.
    More or less.

Member Fresh prince of Coachella's Avatar

Fuck Sasquatch, Canadian girls are cute tho.....hmmm?

oh well, they're both sold out now.

Lurker

Nothing compares to the Gorge, I've been more times than I can count off the top of my head, and I have never been to Coachella, BUT my experience with the many concerts that I have been to there is this; music festivals are hard to do there. The Gorge is stunning and one of my favorite places in the world, but I have found that my best experiences have been the single artist/evening shows. You show up, grab your spot on the hill, and rock out for the night (or more, DMB does a 3 day show there every Labor Day Weekend). Camping is casual and fun, but as other people have said, it does feel cramped when there are more stages and it's hard for me to tear myself away from the main stage, if only for that gorgeous view.

This year, Sasquatch kills coachella's lineup. holy fuck its upsetting

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeizbawm View Post
    lol u high bro?

HAHA, upsetting how bad Sasquatch is yes!

I don't see anything Sasquatch got that makes it better than Coachella. I actually thing it's a letdown this year.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

who's our little lion man
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You cant compare Coachella to Sasquatch it's like comparing the NHL with the KHL.. two totally different leagues of course Coachella is better. For what it is though the Sasquatch line-up this year is good enough for me to go.. Only a 12 hour drive why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

I don't think you should compare throwing an X-Wing at a Star Destroyer to Sasquatch/Coachella because an X-Wing blew up the Death Star and that DESTROYS PLANETS.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    You cant compare Coachella to Sasquatch it's like comparing the NHL with the KHL.. two totally different leagues of course Coachella is better. For what it is though the Sasquatch line-up this year is good enough for me to go.. Only a 12 hour drive why not.
    Well when they're charging $340 for their fest this year, you have to compare.
    That lineup is worth about $200, around the price of Lolla or Roo.

No way it's worth almost Coachella money.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    I have a CKA jersey.

But fuck Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Well when they're charging $340 for their fest this year, you have to compare.
    That lineup is worth about $200, around the price of Lolla or Roo.

No way it's worth almost Coachella money.
    Well for me my total trip to Coachella is going to be around 1500-2000 dollars (not including my stay in LA after) and Sasquatch is going to cost me like 600 dollars. So I guess for ME its worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

With camping included and you live within a days drive it's worth it. I'm going no question because I live in Portland. I'm way more excited for the acts I'm going to see at Coachella, though. The Sasquatch ticket price bothers me much more due to the insane amount of advertising within the festival grounds. Live Nation...sigh...

I'm glad someone mentioned how bad the sound is at the side stages. In addition, in comparison to Coachella:

-the food at Sasquatch is terrible
    -there is sound bleed at all side stages
    -the grounds are ugly except at the main stage
    -there is a beverage enforcement team that can come and sniff your drinks to make sure you don't have alcohol in them
    -no art

on the plus side for sasquatch:

-more space to camp
    -less rules at camp
    -beautiful scenery at the main stage
    -as guedita said, the people are really fucking nice there
    -smaller bands from the coachella lineup get better spots at sasquatch, if there is crossover

It all really depends on what you're looking for in a festival. Sasquatch is a pretty "bare bones" fest. After having attended both, I would pick Coachella over Sasquatch every time, but there were definitely some magic moments at the Gorge. I would possibly consider returning for a regular show if I was ever up in WA again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    -there is a beverage enforcement team that can come and sniff your drinks to make sure you don't have alcohol in them
    That's the trade off for being able to buy drinks and consume them anywhere within the festival grounds, rather than just in a beer garden. Which is another pro for Sasquatch.

I agree with everything else you said though.

Quote Originally Posted by PDXdev View Post
    That's the trade off for being able to buy drinks and consume them anywhere within the festival grounds, rather than just in a beer garden. Which is another pro for Sasquatch.

I agree with everything else you said though.
    They give out wristbands. I would understand checking people who do not have wristbands, but if I'm over 21 and have a wristband, who cares what I am drinking?

Also, another con for Sasquatch: you have to get a new drinking wristband every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Beverage enforcement teams seriously?
    WTF

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    They give out wristbands. I would understand checking people who do not have wristbands, but if I'm over 21 and have a wristband, who cares what I am drinking?

Also, another con for Sasquatch: you have to get a new drinking wristband every day.
    Valid point. That is annoying. I've never had a run in with this enforcement team before.