Thread: Tickets on ebay are selling for...............

Default Tickets on ebay are selling for...............

Default Re: Tickets on ebay are selling for...............

Ebay is blocked at work, so the picture isn't showing for me.

one weekend pass sold for $557

yeah, we get it. The bitch sold out and now tickets are being resold for a profit. AMAZING!
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

A lo que me refiero es que estuvo buena la oferta, solo 140 dlls over face value, f@#$er

Quote Originally Posted by mr powerful View Post
    one weekend pass sold for $557
    i would actually expect worse...to me this isn't outrageous for a Coachella ticket that is sold out.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Deal of the day!! I'd say there's hope, but I'm still weary over people getting fucked with paper tickets vs wristbands.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelll0ve View Post
    Deal of the day!! I'd say there's hope, but I'm still weary over people getting fucked with paper tickets vs wristbands.
    Most are still going in the high 500s, but I've seen several so far at $530 or $540, and someone got a pair for $1,010, which is the cheapest I've seen. They've already gone down from last week, though. There's one thats ending in less than an hour for $550 that has no bids yet.

I trust eBay infinitely more than craigslist. For one thing, all the tickets are covered by their Buyer Protection Policy, so at worst you will get your money back if you buy from a scammer. Also, every listing I've seen is up front about the fact that the wristbands won't be sent til the end of next month, and most sellers have very good feedback scores that they are potentially risking by scamming someone.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

The prices are pretty much in line with the feedback scores of the sellers. All the low $500's sales have been from sellers with little or no feedback and the trusted sellers with say 100+ positive feedback are getting like high $500's-low $600's for their tickets. So you get what you pay for risk wise.

Quote Originally Posted by the goat View Post
    I trust eBay infinitely more than craigslist. For one thing, all the tickets are covered by their Buyer Protection Policy, so at worst you will get your money back if you buy from a scammer. Also, every listing I've seen is up front about the fact that the wristbands won't be sent til the end of next month, and most sellers have very good feedback scores that they are potentially risking by scamming someone.
    Agreed on all points except for the very good feedback scores. I agree that most do, but in the last couple of days I've seen sellers with zero feedback and buyers with zero feedback bidding. But, as you say, with the Buyer Protection I think you are pretty well covered under eBay even in the worst case scenario.

Craigslist is notorious for scammers and I personally would not buy my pass (not that I'm looking) through CL. There are honest sellers there too, but telling them apart can be hit/miss.

I expect prices for 3-day passes to level off around $500 at some point. For $557 I say go for it. I'm not sure if that was the point of the OP, but that's about as low a price as I've seen for a single ($1010/pair notwithstanding). I seriously doubt you will find face value again unless you get really, really lucky. That window closed the moment it sold out.

I'm betting the prices will go up as the event gets closer. I bet they'll stay low all of February, but in March they'll go right back up to where they were.

I bet they'll easily get back up in the 800's when people start getting excited again.

Oh I'm certainly not looking for face, but I'm local, and have lodging if I get a ticket, so I'm not in any rush to book travel, hotel, etc. Once the wristbands are delivered, if I still need one at that point, I'll start looking at cl for a potential in-person exchange. No way would I ever send money to a cl seller.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

Ive managed to find 2 tickets on Craigslist for $500 a piece and each seller is willing to wait until March. Just gotta keep an eye on craigslist and eventually you'll find a good person. Just use your common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda421 View Post
    Ive managed to find 2 tickets on Craigslist for $500 a piece and each seller is willing to wait until March. Just gotta keep an eye on craigslist and eventually you'll find a good person. Just use your common sense.
    They are going to change their minds when they see prices go UPUPUP

I have faith in them. I also will have their addresses by then. So [insert you gunna get raped pic here]
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

I saw the $550 one too NO BIDS,it didn't sell that's so weird there are some with like twelve bids that are going up to like 800+/retards

got a pair yesterday for 1125. I hope the market doesn't go way down or I'll feel like an even bigger shlub. (Or is it shmoe? Maybe it's shmuck)

THATS CAPITALISM FOLKS

Low point is most likely going to be when people have wristbands in hand. Despite conspiracy theories, a significant number of tickets are being sold by amateurs/other concert goers who bought to supplement the cost of their tickets. Newbie ticket sellers are often hesitant to list until they have tickets in hand, especially on places like StubHub where, if they fail to deliver the goods they get charged for the difference between their sales price and the price StubHub has to pay to cover the sale.

My best educated guess is that you'll have maybe 3-7 days after the first person gets their wristbands to buy at the low point. Week of the show, however, inventory is going to fall and prices will be upwards of 700. Based on the speed of the sell out, demand is there and there will always be last minute buyers with more money than common sense to drive prices up.