Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Had Stuff Stolen At Coachella?

Default Ever Had Stuff Stolen At Coachella?

I'm still iffy on bringing my shower tent to Coachella...I've had my tent cleaned out before at other festivals, and I've heard of entire tents just getting lifted too...

Anyone ever had problems at Coachella?

The crowd there is very different than any other festivals, and they seem to be happy with what they have...but there always are a few who make careers out of stealing at festivals.

Never had a problem with Coachella, but I've also never brought a shower tent/something so easy to steal.

Default Re: Ever Had Stuff Stolen At Coachella?

Depends. What kind of soap are you using?
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Posted b4 but I lost my backpack with tons of stuff in it during the NIN show at Coachella. After they closed out the fest, everyone left and the field was bare, except for my lonely backpack. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Yes, my heart. I last left it at the Polo Fields, and only get to visit it once a year.

But it is always a glorious and worthwhile reunion.

I think your shower will be safe. Besides, how much is it really worth?

In general the Coachella crowd is a cut above the normal concert draw. That said, better safe than sorry. Lock up your valuables.

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    Depends. What kind of soap are you using?
    Soap?

I just use axe and rinse.

We had lots of stuff people would have wanted in our camp spot last year and nothing ever got touched. Stereo, speakers, beer, alcohol...all safe!

Quote Originally Posted by _John View Post
    Soap?

I just use axe and rinse.
    Just say NO to Axe...please! My roommate used to use that nasty shite all the time. Get up early, take a shower, apply baby powder to your undercarriage, use deodorant (Axe brand is o-k) and you will be fine. Don't smell like a bad car air freshener all day. Think of the childrens!

EDIT: On topic, I never had anything stolen. Make good friends with your neighbors and they will watch your stuff for you when you are away (and they are there).
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched moonbeams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...

Quote Originally Posted by higgybaby23 View Post
    I think your shower will be safe. Besides, how much is it really worth?

In general the Coachella crowd is a cut above the normal concert draw. That said, better safe than sorry. Lock up your valuables.
    Every other person I've spoken to has said that putting a lock on your tent or cooler is pretty much an open invitation for thieves. It lets them know you have something really valuable you don't want getting stolen.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiDC View Post
    Just say NO to Axe...please! My roommate used to use that nasty shite all the time. Get up early, take a shower, apply baby powder to your undercarriage, use deodorant (Axe brand is o-k) and you will be fine. Don't smell like a bad car air freshener all day. Think of the childrens!

EDIT: On topic, I never had anything stolen. Make good friends with your neighbors and they will watch your stuff for you when you are away (and they are there).
    Haha, jk about the axe. Can't stand the smell of the stuff...If baffles me how many people use that stuff past middle school.

I wouldn't consider locking up a tent or a cooler. That seems rather ridiculous.

I was talking about locking stuff up in a car or locker. And only something of real value like a laptop or ipod.

Actually a few people in our camping group left their ipods sitting out and had no problems.

Yeah, I've had stuff stolen. I walk into the fields was pockets full of drugs. By the end of the day, they're all fucking gone.

I think the Polo Goblin of Debauchery is responsible. Need more evidence though.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

I walk into the fields was pockets full of drugs.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

never had anything stolen but last year in car camping someone stashed a near full 18 pack of beer under my car. Thanks, whoever that was!

whops.... obviously I had a chance to take a few of those drugs before the rest were stolen.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Nothing was ever stolen from me, not that I remember. I was drunk most of the time though.

Probably the worst thing that happened was on the first night, someone wrote "cunt" on my car in permanent marker while we were all asleep. It came out, so I thought it was pretty funny afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by comedeysal View Post
    never had anything stolen but last year in car camping someone stashed a near full 18 pack of beer under my car. Thanks, whoever that was!
    Ha!!! If it was High Life, that might have been us. We ended up with too much beer (me fail English!?!? unpossible!!!) and because we flew out shortly after Monday we decided to give away all of our leftover brew to nearby campers.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

some one stole my wallet that was in my shoes as i was napping during Willie Nelson in '07.

Last year someone obtained my cell some how, don't know if they stole it or i dropped it, but how I know it was gone was because me and my friend were hangin and his phone goes off and it says I'm calling him. Obviously I wasn't , but he picked up and the guy who had it tried to extort me for my wristband.
    He says " meet me by the RV port-o-potties, give me your band I'll give your phone".... Right there I knew this kid was dumb as fuck...

1. My phone was 100$, coachella ticket 300$ for all I Care fuckin keep it.
    2. He doesn't even know who he was talkin too or what we look like, we were with 7 dudes ready to just roll up and kick the shit out of him.
    3. With #2 being said the scrawny kid shows up by himself and doesn't know who he's lookin for and we are all standing around him ( he had no clue he could of got jumped)

Well none of us wanted to get kicked out the first day or at all for that matter, so we just told security the situation. We pointed the kid out and they picked him up and threw him out and I got my phone back. The whole situation was completely unnecessary. But we laugh at it now.

TRUE STORY

2 years ago I lost my wallet at the camp grounds and it was in the lost and found

with money (over 200) still in it
    I love Coachella
    Black Rebel Motorcycl Club - 03/16
    Coachella - 04/16-04/18
    Neon Indian - 06/03
    LCD Soundsystem - 06/04
    The XX W/Phantogram - 06/05
    Wild Beasts - 08/13
    Sunset Junction:
    Ghostland Observatory - 08/21
    Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - 08/21
    Culture Collide:
    Klaxons + The Boxer Rebellion - 10/8
    Jenny & Johnny + Tokyo Police Club -10/10
    LCD Soundsystem W Hot Chip & Sleigh Bells - 10/15
    Friendly Fires + Foster The People - 02/09/11
    Lykke Li@SkyBarMondrian Sessions - 3/10/11

I talked to ALOT of people last year that had stuff stolen! Lock your stuff in your car and you wont have to worry about it.

What about us tent camperz!!!1 Oh noes!

Seriously though, I'd hate to have to walk to my car repeatedly to lock my shit away. Unless it's a short walk.

Quote Originally Posted by _John View Post
    Haha, jk about the axe. Can't stand the smell of the stuff...If baffles me how many people use that stuff past middle school.
    It baffles me that Axe existed when you went to middle school.

Besides, it's intended for the ladies.

The Sahara bass stole my lunch.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by COACHILLA View Post
    TRUE STORY

2 years ago I lost my wallet at the camp grounds and it was in the lost and found

with money (over 200) still in it
    I love Coachella
    That's awesome. At least there are still good people out there.
    Last year, I saw this group of guys leave the Sahara tent, and one of them left his cell phone on the ground. I picked up the phone and chased them down.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZERO View Post
    I talked to ALOT of people last year that had stuff stolen! Lock your stuff in your car and you wont have to worry about it.
    I've been kind of wondering about that - last year was the first year the campgrounds were opened up to all festival goers, and that would change the crowd and IMO make theft more likely. It's different when the space is only open to other people who are camping.

That said: mostly people are going to be going after cell phones, laptops, etc - things which have high resale value. A tent, or a tent shower, or a sleeping bag, etc, seem like unlikely targets.

And ... the general rule for this sort of thing is: don't leave things out in the open where they'll tempt fate. But, say, hiding a cell phone inside a sock inside your sleeping bag ... likely has little risk.

Like COACHILLA I lost my wallet with all my cash in it, a credit and debit card and my license... Didn't see anything in the lost and found, went home bummed. My wallet arrived at my parents home a week later (everything still inside) with a note that said "Take care of yourself, and keep the good karma going."

Reason #294295 why I love Festival goers.

i lost my phone a couple years back someone called my friend that i was with and we met up and they brought it back to me awesome people, this also happened my first year to another friend. I dont camp so im not sure about that area.
    Coachella is better than Christmas

I found drugs once in the beer garden. One of the best Coachella moments I've had.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella