Thread: Safari Tents

Default Safari Tents

I am hoping to hear from people who had a safari tent last year, or any other year. This is my fourth Coachella. Usually we rent a house in Indian Palms and walk in. (My first Coachella in '99 we just drove in each day and parked with no hassles). This year we decided to kick it up a notch and I am staying in a safari tent. Can anyone give me first hand experiences? What was it like in the safari lounge? Was the food good? What was the best part? How easy was it to get around using the artist bands they give out? How often did you get shut out of going backstage when you felt like it? Any tips?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Default Re: Safari Tents

last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I appreciate the non-snarky heads up about the other thread. I read it and there is only one or two posts from anyone who stayed in one recently. I know that is probably just a reflection of not many people have done it, but I would love to hear from anyone who may have.
    Coachella 99, 09, 10, 11
    ACL 2002-2011
    Bonnaroo 2002 (need to get back)
    SXSW 1993-2011 (missed a few years in there)
    Lolla '91
    Jazz Fest (too many to count)
    Last LCD Show

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeo View Post
    I appreciate the non-snarky heads up about the other thread. I read it and there is only one or two posts from anyone who stayed in one recently. I know that is probably just a reflection of not many people have done it, but I would love to hear from anyone who may have.
    yeah, i don't think a ton of people who can afford a safari tent actually peruse/post on the message board. I'd totally do it if I had that kind of cash. Sounds awesome.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

The artist wrist band sold it for me. I will be taking pictures and I will post a wrap up of the experience after it is all over. Maybe I can have the definitive safari tent thread.
    Coachella 99, 09, 10, 11
    ACL 2002-2011
    Bonnaroo 2002 (need to get back)
    SXSW 1993-2011 (missed a few years in there)
    Lolla '91
    Jazz Fest (too many to count)
    Last LCD Show

I had a buddy who bought a Safari tent and then saw how much fun the actual camping was, went out and bought a tent and came back to camp near us that night but after that first night he went back to his Safari tent. He was able to bring us back there..its nice...very quiet..good breakfast...hamocks in the trees to hang out in the morning. I didn't use his pass to go backstage but he spent a lot of time back there and seemed to have no problems. Have fun! oo ya seperate showers and bathrooms for Safari tenters is worth a lot of the price alone