Thread: Mr. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Default Mr. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Releasing Telesterion a double CD collection with 37-songs, its a compilation of Omar's work that showcases the variety and explorative artistry spread across his 25 (and counting) solo albums. Stoked to see this guy

R.I.P.
    T.F.O.T.
    F.C.P.S.I.T.S.G.E.P.G.E.P.G.E.P.

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Hipsters for days, count on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Don't tell me my business, devil woman.

Default Re: Mr. Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Rad. I still need to catch a Mars Volta set though.
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

im ready to smoke some weed and space out to this, maybe punch a few people in the face idk though i might save that for one day as a lion
    eat sleep dab repeat

My brother lost his miiiinnndd when he read Omar's name on the bill,I'm really pumped too/fingers crossed he just does a huge ultra jam

Does anyone know what we can expect from Omar's show? Seen him twice with ATDI and three times with TMV, and he always brings it live, but I'm not sure what his solo shows look like or who to expect with him. Normally I'd say it'd be silly to expect a Cedric appearance, but it seems like he makes an appearance on just about every one of Omar's albums, and has even played drums for him with Defacto before. Toss in the whole besties thing, seems like there's at least a shot. Anyone here that's seen a solo Omar show that can shed some light?

You can get Cryptomnesia (which is fucking awesome by the way) here:
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4852...2009)_%5Bmp3_V

I think I'm more excited to see this than I would be an TMV show. Was allowing myself to secretly hope for a 10-year ATDI reunion (I know that's foolish), but this will certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by chopperdave934 View Post
    Does anyone know what we can expect from Omar's show? Seen him twice with ATDI and three times with TMV, and he always brings it live, but I'm not sure what his solo shows look like or who to expect with him. Normally I'd say it'd be silly to expect a Cedric appearance, but it seems like he makes an appearance on just about every one of Omar's albums, and has even played drums for him with Defacto before. Toss in the whole besties thing, seems like there's at least a shot. Anyone here that's seen a solo Omar show that can shed some light?

You can get Cryptomnesia (which is fucking awesome by the way) here:
    http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4852...2009)_%5Bmp3_V

I think I'm more excited to see this than I would be an TMV show. Was allowing myself to secretly hope for a 10-year ATDI reunion (I know that's foolish), but this will certainly do.
    He talks a lot. I mean a LOT. It's nothing like Volta or ATDI, its more acid rock. Its cool but can get kinda boring at times when he just goes off the rocker and starts trying to make something new live and it doesn't turn out well.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

That's crazy, I'm not sure I know what his voice even sounds like. And ya, I've listened to enough of his solo stuff to expect something different musically, and I can definitely see him getting too wonky for his own good, but when he's focused he's one of the most insane performers I've ever seen. Does he stay behind a guitar the whole time or does he show off some of his versatility ever?

Telesterio, how typical.
    WHAT DOES IT MEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

He has 25 albums? Whoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    It almost makes you think you might actually want to know what you are talking about before you tell people things.

I'm extremely, extremely excited for this. Definitely who I'm looking forward to most that weekend. I've seen him play outside of the Mars Volta many times and I've never been disappointed, so I look forward to this a lot.