Thread: M.A.N.D.Y. @ Sutra, Costa Mesa, CA 2/17/11

Default M.A.N.D.Y. @ Sutra, Costa Mesa, CA 2/17/11

http://soundcloud.com/m-a-n-d-y/sets...te-11-12-2010/

WARNING: watching this video may cause motion sickness, I recommend just listening

effin' love these guys' groovy, minimal beats......come out and 'Get Physical' with me!

tickets currently $17!

http://www.sutrabar.com/
    Last edited by discobotica; 02-08-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Default Re: M.A.N.D.Y. @ Sutra, Costa Mesa, CA 2/17/11

nowhere in LA tho? weird

I thought this was a Barry Manilow thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Dubfire is a week later.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Have you been to this club, Ben? I am greatly opposed to spending any more time than is absolutely necessary, in Orange County, with Orange County people. They seem to be booking half talent/half electro shit.
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Sutra fucking blows. They put elevated tables right in front of the DJ so that VIP OC crowds can impress their bros. Regular folk that are there to see the DJ and dance are relegated to a lower platform further away from the decks where all you can see is the people at the VIP tables pouring shots of vodka and fist bumping each other. The sound is puny too, its a terrible club.

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    Have you been to this club, Ben? I am greatly opposed to spending any more time than is absolutely necessary, in Orange County, with Orange County people. They seem to be booking half talent/half electro shit.
    No Devin, I have not been to this club, and I completely agree w/ your sentiment.........I would personally file seeing M.A.N.D.Y. under the "absolutely necessary" category, but not everyone has a massive hard-on for this Berlin duo like me......you heard it here first:

Dj Donaldj:High Contrast::discobotica:M.A.N.D.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Sutra fucking blows. They put elevated tables right in front of the DJ so that VIP OC crowds can impress their bros. Regular folk that are there to see the DJ and dance are relegated to a lower platform further away from the decks where all you can see is the people at the VIP tables pouring shots of vodka and fist bumping each other. The sound is puny too, its a terrible club.
    EF.EM.EL.

would honestly not go to this piece of shit venue if one of my favorite DJ's in the world was not going to be spinning there.......dragon, you just completely validated all of my fears........gonna just have to close my eyes and let Patrick take me to a happier place

I do not know why they aren't playing an LA date........I saw Phillipp at the Vanguard last Spring and that was the perfect setting for their set (well, isn't it for just about everyone?)
    Last edited by discobotica; 02-03-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Dubfire needs to be added to Beyond Wonderland. Richie Hawtin, Dubfire & Locodice b2b would pretty much destroy any brains within a mile of the event.
    LOL! <33

Not to highjack your thread but they're also playing at Voyeur in San Diego

The venue is pretty cool, goth like decorations and a LED wall behind the DJ booth. Crowd is a mix of downtown clubbing bros & hos, and people who can appreciate the DJs..also no douche VIP tables in front of the DJ booth, its on the side el oh el
    Last edited by pewpew87; 02-03-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    I live right down the street so i have gone a good amount of times,its really not that 8ad soundsystem is actually really good,decor and LED wall plus giant laser ouncing off disco 8alls is pretty cool,huge outside patio drinks are not la expensive at all. I have seen sander van doorn here aove and eyond donald glaude crystal method and too many others to list,and actually the VIP ta8les are not in front of the dj 8ooth they are around the side, the setup changes depending on the dj's i have seen plenty wear the stand was literally on the dance floor against the wall

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by pewpew87 View Post
    Not to highjack your thread but they're also playing at Voyeur in San Diego

The venue is pretty cool, goth like decorations and a LED wall behind the DJ booth. Crowd is a mix of downtown clubbing bros & hos, and people who can appreciate the DJs..also no douche VIP tables in front of the DJ booth, its on the side el oh el
    technically, "he" is playing @ Voyeur, he being Phillipp Jung that is pictured...........Patrick Bodmer will be spinning @ Sutra......does it really matter? No. Was I using this as an excuse to bump this thread? Yes.

P.S. don't worry about 'highjacking' my thread......the more support and publicity for these guys the better,

i just got my ticket!
    Last edited by mikebspeedracer; 02-09-2011 at 01:56 AM.
    eat sleep dab repeat

Uhhh didn't happen yet.
    LOL! <33

Sutra is okay... I used to go there a lot on Thursday because it was FREE and good djs occasionally came by and I live within a reasonable distance. It's a pretty small club and gets packed with a shitty crowd but I haven't been there recently.

are there any weird dress code rules I need to be concerned with? like, could I wear the same garb (jeans, fresh sneaks, any decent t-shirt) I would wear at the Avalon and it would be cool?

Quote Originally Posted by discobotica View Post
    are there any weird dress code rules I need to be concerned with? like, could I wear the same garb (jeans, fresh sneaks, any decent t-shirt) I would wear at the Avalon and it would be cool?
    yea that will work no problem,when i know it will be packed i wear a t shirt and jeans

Paul is dead

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Caught M.A.N.D.Y. at a proper club gig here in Roma the other weekend.

Killed it.

^ I am jealous boarder..........

Nobody ever, ever go to this god forsaken club: less than average sound quality + oc douchebags rampant who don't know or give a fuck who's spinning made for a less than spectacular evening

Patrick definitely killed it, per usual, but I never realized how much the ambience and setting can effect the music until now

For instance, there I am, like 5 feet from the decks trying to get down in a high traffic zone because of the poor design of this club (you know what I mean, when people are turning you this way and that) and this atypical oc blonde bitch screams in my ear to her friend, "MY CAR'S BETTER THAN YOUR CAR!!!!!!"

Need I say more?

/THREAD

Sutra is a fake club. It's on top of some outoor mall. Fuck that place.
    LOL! <33

I used to hate Sutra, and still would never go there on a weekend, but Thursday's are a different story and this has definitely become my favorite night/venue in OC. So far this year I've been to Dubfire, Dada Life, Steve Aoki, Chris Lake, and Ferry Corsten. For 17 bucks it's pretty damn tough to beat seeing big time acts like that in a small venue. (free if you RSVP to the guest list but you gotta be one of the first 200 there). And as someone else mentioned, the VIP tables are off to the sides of the dance floor, not in front of the DJ booth. It's a good crowd, packed no doubt so hard to find room to dance, but all in all a good vibe and not the douchebaggery you'd find here on a Friday or Saturday. Can't wait to do Cosmic Gate and EC Twins back to back after Coachella! that's gonna be a rough week lol