So, it's been about two weeks since the lineup was released, and I'm sure you're all deep into your research like myself. I've found over the years that there are bands that I've heard of, but never really given them an in depth listen too until they are on the Coachella lineup. My question is this... Which five bands have you gotten into the most, that you had never really listened to before, since the lineup was announced?
My top 5 (so far) are...
1) Broken Social Scene- Had always heard great things, but I never realized how strong they really are!! Love their stage presence as well. Forgiveness Rock Record is amazing.
2) The National- Have always dug The Boxer and High Violet, but I had no idea how amazing they are live. The clips I've seen of them remind me of the energy Arcade Fire puts forth on stage. They are a must see for me.
3) PJ Harvey- Yes, I admit it's embarrassing that I have never given Polly Jean a proper listen. Now that I have, I am digging her. Stories from the City is amazing. How is she live?
4) Trentemoller- Worried about conflicts on Sunday with them. Have a bad feeling they will conflict with DFA 1979 or The National.
5) Tame Impala- These guys are right up my alley. Spacey rock with an excellent rhythm section.
I could name another 10 that I'm really digging, but let's hold it to 5 or so. Curious what you guys are enjoying so far as well.