Thread: Shadow Hills RV Resort CREW

Default Shadow Hills RV Resort CREW

Ok my reservation charges have gone through... anyone else RV'ing here? It will be my first Coachella with a 40' beast!

Default Re: Shadow Hills RV Resort CREW

We put in camping reservations but waiting to hear back. is there any one else camping and still waiting? There not much help but I imagine there crazy swamped right now. All though it relives me to hear people are still waiting to hear from them.

The first time I called about a week ago they said that they didnt have my name down and I was probably on the wait list and to call back in a few days. I called again today and they told me I had a spot. I made my reservation on the 19th. I hope this helps. The staff is older but very helpful when they have everything put together, lol
    COACHELLA 2004-2013!

I placed my reservation and it took over a week for them to finally charge my card and send me the invoice. I did sweat it for a bit.. ugh

-bump- getting closer anyone else staying here? i have to go take a damn RV course so I don't run over any kids with this thing haha.

Does anyone know if biking is a viable option??? With bumper to bumper the entire way out I wouldn't be too worried, but just want to make sure the roads are legit enough (i.e. a little bit of a shoulder) to bike it from the Shadow Hills.

Also, anyone know a good place to rent a tent? I'm flying in from Italy and don't want to struggle with bringing mine on that trek!

Pumped, my first Coachella and festival in the states (been to Glasto twice), can't wait to party with everyone!!

Hell I run, but I might rent a bike myself if the roads are ok.. I am going to google map this again and see what street view looks like..

Looks like a straight shot down Jefferson from Shadow Hills and then you cut right on 50th Ave.. 7-8Miles def doable on a bike during daylight. I might be a bit weary at night though with people coming FROM the event.
    Last edited by rivetbutt; 03-31-2011 at 04:00 AM.

If you are a regular biker then this probably won't be a problem but if you don't bike on a regular basis I wouldn't recommend it. The road isn't flat, it is uphill a bit the way there. It is also hot during the day, so yeah just thought I would let you know.
    COACHELLA 2004-2013!

Good point.. I am a runner, not a biker.. I do 5K and 15Ks but haven't really biked in years. I still might try it at least on day 1. I am just worried about visibility.. can you rent scooters anywhere out there? lol

Another option is the shuttle service. Shadow Hills Rv Resort has a shuttle that will drop you off at Coachella. Go to http://www.shadowhillsrvresort.com/coachella.php and reserve.

I dont think you need to worry about visibility. Sorry I dont know of any scooter rental places... but I do know that in CA you need to have a valid license and helmet to use a motorized scooter on a public street. I bought the shuttle that Shadow Hills is offering on there website...
    COACHELLA 2004-2013!

Damn the link goes to no where now for me. Not sure how I missed that

I would just check back again later. One day the link was broken and then next day the link worked....
    COACHELLA 2004-2013!

Superb, will do.

Smile Re: Shadow Hills RV Resort CREW

Hello!!

I am camping here with my friend.. two Northern California girls making the trek down for an awesome weekend! I just found out that the shuttle is sold out. Is anyone planning on carpooling to the festival?

I'd like to find out who's staying at the campgrounds and "meet" online before getting there. We're showing up on Thursday around 4-5pm.

If you would like to get in touch, my email address is nikkiwc78@gmail.com

Looking forward to this! And, let me know if you have 2 spots in your car to carpool to the fest each day..

Hi Nikki I would love to hang out and get to know you and your friend. I am kinda friendless this year, none of my friends got tickets in time. I will be going out early on thursday. I will send you an email later, I am at work right now and it is a little difficult to send emails from my phone. I ended up buying a shuttle pass so I wont be taking my car. But if the shuttle thing doesnt work out or for some reason I dont get my shuttle pass I will have room in my car.
    COACHELLA 2004-2013!

I missed out on the shuttle too, if you guys don't have any luck I'll even do a cab split at least one way each day or back (all depends on what time people want to come and go)..
    ->Coachella '05/'11/'13<- @popnwave on twitter.

Lurker

me and my group of 4 others will be tent camping there! 7 more days! can not wait! see you all there

More tickets just became avail for 1pm/4pm.. get em while you can!
    ->Coachella '05/'11/'13<- @popnwave on twitter.

Smile Re: Shadow Hills RV Resort CREW

Valley Music just released another 100 shuttle passes. Go to the website to reserve. The tickets will be available when you check in. See you in a few days!

they are offering Shuttle Service, Pink Line to and from the Festival all wkend until 2am [fri / sat] and until 1am [Sun]...

check it out dude:
    http://coachella-weekend2.frontgatet...om/choose.php?

MORE info here:
    http://valleymusictravel.com/coachel...2_weekend2.php

peace yo!
    JoeB

Quote Originally Posted by rivetbutt View Post
    Good point.. I am a runner, not a biker.. I do 5K and 15Ks but haven't really biked in years. I still might try it at least on day 1. I am just worried about visibility.. can you rent scooters anywhere out there? lol
    Peace y'all!
    joeB

Anybody still have difficulty getting a response from them? I got my tent spot in and charged and whatnot, but it's been over a week for my friends now.

I've found e-mail with them to be pretty ineffective. A phone call gets someone every time though.