Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Have a Footwear Idea....will this make me an asshole?

Default I Have a Footwear Idea....will this make me an asshole?

I know it's probably been done before, but I'd like to strap some thick industrial foam to the bottom of my shoes which will make me 4-5 inches taller, so that I won't have any problems with tall people standing in front of me and I'll be able to see every band perfectly. The only problem is, I'm already 5'10 so this will make me pretty tall and will suck for whoever is behind me.

Has anyone ever done this and will this make me a total asshole if I go through with it?

Default Re: I Have a Footwear Idea....will this make me an asshole?

its fine if your in front of me i'll just kick you in the knees
    eat sleep dab repeat

You'd be less of an asshole if you just wore 5 inch platform shoes instead.

Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by SUSHIXXXXX View Post
    I know it's probably been done before, but I'd like to strap some thick industrial foam to the bottom of my shoes which will make me 4-5 inches taller, so that I won't have any problems with tall people standing in front of me and I'll be able to see every band perfectly. The only problem is, I'm already 5'10 so this will make me pretty tall and will suck for whoever is behind me.

Has anyone ever done this and will this make me a total asshole if I go through with it?
    why not just move? i don't get it, i'm not very tall and i just move when taller people are in front of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    You'd be less of an asshole if you just wore 5 inch platform shoes instead.

True, but I also want to go for comfort. I'd be wearing some running shoes with the foam.

IF you want to see any given set perfectly, get there early. This is the only solution as there will always be someone taller than you(with or without foam lifts) blocking your veiw, and someone shorter than you complaining that you are blocking theirs. This is just the way it is with GA shows.

I say this as someone who is 5'11'' barefoot and always wears flats to shows. For the shorter peeps, I cannot help how tall I am naturally, you should get to any show before me if you have an issue with that, but I too occasionally get stuck behind a wall of sweaty dudes who are taller than myself and have to peep over their shoulders to see, or move.... it is just the nature of the beast. Deal.

That makes you a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

This is a pretty amazing question.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Also, I'll still be an inch or two taller than you, so knock yourself out.
    last.fm

You may not think so, but sometimes it sucks being a tall guy at a show. I'm 6'4" and always feel like an a-hole anytime I try to get anywhere near the stage. For this reason I usually hang back these days so as not to block people.
    If we're lucky something will happen. Some adversity will happen and something unexpected will happen and you'll get tired and you'll get hungry, you'll have trouble going to the bathroom, and you'll lose your car keys, and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now we'll say "We lived, we lived." - Wayne Coyne on Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Harrisment View Post
    You may not think so, but sometimes it sucks being a tall guy at a show. I'm 6'4" and always feel like an a-hole anytime I try to get anywhere near the stage. For this reason I usually hang back these days so as not to block people.
    Yep. I'm also 6'4" and this is totally true.
    last.fm

I agree with the above 2 posts. I am 6'6" and I sometimes feel bad for blocking people. And unless I am really trying to get to some friends, I never push past people in a crowd. Never.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

haha why do people act like you need to see the stage at all times to hear and enjoy the music?

<---- 6'7 I win

Now that I think about it, this would really only apply to the tents. Sometimes they get so packed that you really can't maneuver your way in through the front sides, so you are forced to watch from the back and being a few inches taller would really help. As for getting to a stage early, I see so many bands there is hardly any downtime for me so I rarely get to a stage early.

Those foam blocks would last 45 min, tops. I don't care how industrially strong they are. You've got a couple months till the festival so learn how to use stilts.

Running shoes with foam? Dude, if you can make that not look ridiculous ANd they last a whole day, I will give you ten dollars. You have to wear them the whole day.

TEN DOLLARS

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Kiss boots imo

You'd be asking for a sprained ankle. Forget about it if you're inebriated, you wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

I mean, hilarity could potentially ensue for those around you, so I don't want to dissuade you. Just inform you.

You are so nice.Thanks cuz i am 5'1" and always end up trying to see on my tip toes. But if I really want to see someone up close I just make an effort to be at the show early enough to be up front.

Aww, thanks. But you shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I agree with the above 2 posts. I am 6'6" and I sometimes feel bad for blocking people. And unless I am really trying to get to some friends, I never push past people in a crowd. Never.
    Hah, I sympathize, indirectly. I'm 5'10, but my best friend is a hair under 7ft tall. Makes for a great concert buddy at places like Coachella, cause anytime I lose my group I just have to look for the guy towering a foot above the rest of the crowd and I'm good. He's very conscientious about his size, never gets too close to the stages, and it's a riot to look behind him during a set - there's always this huge vacant area behind him.

Remember how your parents used to tell you there are no stupid questions?

Thumbs down Re: I Have a Footwear Idea....will this make me an asshole?

If you have to ask.....

If you're really this into being taller than everyone, use stilts. You'll be really tall, and everyone will think of you as a novelty, so they won't be annoyed when you get in front of them. You'll still be a huge douche, though.

6'4" as well and I, too, just hang back and enjoy the music aspect. Let the hardcore kiddos fight for the front.

6'5". All us tall people should get together and make a Tall Wall and get to the front of all the good shows so nobody can see.