Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Layaway Payments

Default Re: Layaway Payments

Got my confirmation email last night. Never been so glad to see money vanish from my checking account.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Dread View Post
    no i simply implied that his post reeked of idiocy
    Uh oh...Dissing PF.....Dread is dead to us:-)

I got my confirmation email last night also.

Thumbs down Re: Layaway Payments

Just a heads up, I bought my tickets using the layaway plan, and I noticed the second payment had not been charged on Feb 1st., then I called them today (512.389.0315), and was told that my card was declined for no apparent reason, I asked the customer support to try and charge again, and the payment went through, no problem.

If I had not called, I'd have simply lost my ticket. If you didn't receive an email confirmation for the second payment, make sure you call them.

I must say that the organization for Coachella is on a serious decline, the ticket sales was very disorganized and hijacked by scalpers, even the website looks like crap, very outdated, normally every year they have a new website, the lineup is definitely not what used to be, something is up, as a Coachella veteran I must say we have had better years.
    Success has a simple formula: do your best, and people may like it.
    Sam Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Truta View Post
    I must say that the organization for Coachella is on a serious decline, the ticket sales was very disorganized and hijacked by scalpers, even the website looks like crap, very outdated, normally every year they have a new website, the lineup is definitely not what used to be, something is up, as a Coachella veteran I must say we have had better years.
    I disagree. Nothing has changed with the way GV sells tickets. The website is fine. Line-up is fine too. You just aren't used to it being the new thing to do for tons of first timers (and second timers) and thus why it sold out so quickly.

The Coachella circa 20006 and previous is gone. Adjust, adapt or find something new to do!

Lightbulb Re: Layaway Payments

Quote Originally Posted by Viision View Post
    I disagree. Nothing has changed with the way GV sells tickets. The website is fine. Line-up is fine too. You just aren't used to it being the new thing to do for tons of first timers (and second timers) and thus why it sold out so quickly.

The Coachella circa 20006 and previous is gone. Adjust, adapt or find something new to do!
    Yep, just like you said, it's all fine. It used to be awesome, beyond my expectations, no comparison to any other place on earth, but right now it's just fine, I agree.

So it's clear there was a decline, we'll see how the 3 days actually go... anyway I always have a good time.
    Sam Ewing

I panicked when I saw this thread, until I remembered that I bought camping through Layaway and tickets through Ticketmaster. Whew.

Next year I'll buy both through Layaway. We've been warned!

Just a heads up, I bought my tickets using the layaway plan, and I noticed the second payment had not been charged on Feb 1st., then I called them today (512.389.0315), and was told that my card was declined for no apparent reason, I asked the customer support to try and charge again, and the payment went through, no problem.

If I had not called, I'd have simply lost my ticket. If you didn't receive an email confirmation for the second payment, make sure you call them.

Thanks for the heads up, I just realized I didn't get my confirmation!

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Yep, just like you said, it's all fine. It used to be awesome, beyond my expectations, no comparison to any other place on earth, but right now it's just fine, I agree.

So it's clear there was a decline, we'll see how the 3 days actually go... anyway I always have a good time.
    My first Coachella was a decade ago and I still find it awesome.

The same thing happened to me with the February 1st payment.

I checked my Front Gate account on the 1st and it said that my payment was declined. I immediately called and the CSR informed that it was declined "for no apparent reason". He ran it again and it went through. I asked him if they would have tried to run it again later, to which he replied "no, that's why we send you an email". I never received and email about it being declined.

To be on the safe side I checked with my credit card company and they said there was no record of a charge in that amount being declined, they only had the approved charge listed.

The moral of my long winded story is that they run a lot of charges on the same day and shit happens; just make sure you check your account. It's not rocket science.

You've all had me freaking out but I checked my receipt and it says I won't be charged again until March 1st (same with camping pass). I guess that's because I did the 50% instead of the 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by MistaGlitch View Post
    You've all had me freaking out but I checked my receipt and it says I won't be charged again until March 1st (same with camping pass). I guess that's because I did the 50% instead of the 10%?
    Yeah 50% doesn't get charged until March. All these folks did the 10% plus equal payments.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    My first Coachella was a decade ago and I still find it awesome.
    Yep this is going to be my 8th Coachella and it's usually the best thing I do during the whole year. I simply can't miss it, I'd never forgive myself if I was at home while Coachella is happening. It's a must go no matter what.

My comment above was just about that it seems to me like things are getting a bit more disorganized along the years, until we reached this caos with tickets in 2011.

It's really ridiculous that people are selling/offering tickets online by the "bunches" (there are pages on Ebay and StubHub) for whatever price they want, and the company that is supposed to manage the festival, does not have any tickets to sell. With all the technology available these days, they still allow this to happen with a festival of this category, it's really puzzling. I'm sure they are not amateurs, they can't be, they simply should have predicted that scalpers would try to hijack the tickets, as they successfully did.

Whatever, I got my ticket, don't really care, I had a few friends that wanted to go, but they won't pay 1K each, like a lot of other people, bummer.
    Sam Ewing

Yep this is going to be my 8th Coachella and it's usually the best thing I do during the whole year. I simply can't miss it, I'd never forgive myself if I was at home while Coachella is happening. It's a must go no matter what.

My comment above was just about that it seems to me like things are getting a bit more disorganized along the years, until we reached this caos with tickets in 2011.

It's really ridiculous that people are selling/offering tickets online by the "bunches" (there are pages on Ebay and StubHub) for whatever price they want, and the company that is supposed to manage the festival, does not have any tickets to sell. With all the technology available these days, they still allow this to happen with a festival of this category, it's really puzzling. I'm sure they are not amateurs, they can't be, they simply should have predicted that scalpers would try to hijack the tickets, as they successfully did.

Whatever, I got my ticket, don't really care, I had a few friends that wanted to go, but they won't pay 1K each, like a lot of other people, bummer.

Just take a step back and breathe. Everything evolves over time. In order for Coachella to be able to sustain itself going forward, it's going to have to appeal to the masses with a few acts. Anything that is a great product will eventually find its way to the masses.

Can the way things now be a bit frustrating? Absolutely. They changed things up to help control some of the problems from last year. Did it create issues this year? It seems it has, but GV always tries to fix its problems and appeeal to its attendees. I have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Just take a step back and breathe. Everything evolves over time. In order for Coachella to be able to sustain itself going forward, it's going to have to appeal to the masses with a few acts. Anything that is a great product will eventually find its way to the masses.

Can the way things now be a bit frustrating? Absolutely. They changed things up to help control some of the problems from last year. Did it create issues this year? It seems it has, but GV always tries to fix its problems and appeeal to its attendees. I have faith.
    stop with the logic and sensible outlook, already!