Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phone Orders recieved tickets already?

Default Phone Orders recieved tickets already?

Yes, I know they don't ship out till 3 week prior to the event, but according to a ticketmaster rep on the phone they have actually started to ship out some of them.

I am asking because I recently purchased a ticket for $450 for my girlfriend off craigslist (too good to be true?) and the guy showed up with an actual ticket. He told me he got it shipped to him because ticketmaster was shipping already to all of the people who specifically ordered on the phone. I bought it, which might've been a bad idea.

Despite his and the ticketmaster rep's explanations I am still sketched out even though the ticket looks very legitimate and idenitical in everyway to other real ticketmaster tickets... but has anyone actually received their coachella ticket yet?? This is my 4th coachella and my girlfriends first and we'd be flying all the way from New York, so I'd like to be as sure as I can before we book everything.

If you have please let me know!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuI3Q5VY598

Default Re: Phone Orders recieved tickets already?

Sounds sketchy as HELL. I've heard they're sending out Wristbands and not tickets this year too, can anyone confirm or deny this?

there are no festival pass "tickets" this year. only wristbands. They have not even been produced yet. and wont start shipping out until aprox 3 weeks prior to the festival.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

i think you got ripped off. condolences to you once the girlfriend hears about this.
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Lurkerchella!

OP, are you in the city?

The city is known to have LOADS of counterfeit tickets.

The people who make them actually have the real blank tickets from TicketMaster and they end up just printing them off. The people who think they are getting wristbands are really far off though.

Is there a way to trace the guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Banned

You've been bamboozled champ!

*cringe
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.1, 2013.1, 2014.1
    -----
    http://www.last.fm/user/djoz187

8.23 & 8.24 FYF Fest
    10.21-25 CMJ 2014

Quote Originally Posted by _John View Post
    The people who think they are getting wristbands are really far off though.
    Umm... What? You do realize Psychic Friend is about as offical of a Coachella representative as you're going to get on these boards, and just said there are ONLY wristbands... right?

Assuming you still have this guy's contact info, file a police report and see if they'll work with you to have your girlfriend or someone who has a different voice/email call him up to buy another pass. As stupid as it sounds, these guys pull this crap multiple times in the same geographic area and get caught. Happened with the BCS game this year as well as some of the MLB playoffs.

Agreed - Psychic Friend is as official as it gets here.

Best bet to get the guy is to call him up and let them know you want to buy another one....don't tell him that you know it's a scam or he'll stop and you'll never find him again.

Tell him you want one more and offer another $450 per ticket. Tell him to meet you. Next call the police and have them meet you at the same place to report a crime...you may want to meet the police 30 minutes earlier as on a reg. call they take a long time and this dude isn't going to wait. Tell them what's going on and make sure you meet the cops in advance...set him up and let the cops drag him down.

You may want to make it 2 or 3 tickets for a larger value making it a felony transaction for him. Keep the emails for your record. Being a theft of under $500 the cops will assist, but they'll do a lot more if it is at the $500+ range making it a felony (some states vary on value).

You can then sue him in small claims court...that is the ONLY way you'll see a dime of your money back.

If not..he's going to say "F off" and leave. There is NO CHANCE he hands you back one penny.

Then post all over Craigslist in all areas his name and SCAM all over it...to help others.

Take a copy of this thread or the official statement from GV stating that there are no such things as tickets for this festival only wristbands as the cop may not believe you...as he cries and say's, 'I didn't know...my friend gave them to me." The cop then can at least ticket him...or get his info for you so that you may sue him in Small Claims court.

Also bring a camera to the meet up so to take pictures of him with the fake ticket. In court they'll want to see the photo. It gives you credibility.

follow my advice and you will succeed.
    Last edited by baily; 02-01-2011 at 07:39 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    follow my advice and you will succeed.
    lol, guaranteed success!

or you could just get his licence plate, not pay, and bounce. You can't play police chief in the real world.

Also, I'm pretty sure that's called entrapment if the police allow you to make someone break the law so that they can arrest them for it.

I'm not giving you your money back. I've already spent it on printing up more fake tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

vinylmartyr

"You do realize Psychic Friend is about as offical of a Coachella representative as you're going to get on these boards,"

"Psychic Friend is as official as it gets"

Umm yeah I would say so considering she works for GV and mods this board.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

damn that sux ass!!

i dont have a wristband yet and wont even think of looking to buy until mid march. the price will settle but then again the wristband thing is making me think more and more of just skipping this year and see how it all works out. gonna then learn from it and get on it early for next year.

i still have Bonnaroo and outside lands so gonna have a blast but still want to go to coachella.

I want to hear that the person who gave you a ticket also gave you the phone number for the Ticketmaster rep so that you could verify its validity.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Get ready for your girl to dump you!
    '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10.

Quote Originally Posted by mix_tape View Post
    Yes, I know they don't ship out till 3 week prior to the event, but according to a ticketmaster rep on the phone they have actually started to ship out some of them.

I am asking because I recently purchased a ticket for $450 for my girlfriend off craigslist (too good to be true?) and the guy showed up with an actual ticket. He told me he got it shipped to him because ticketmaster was shipping already to all of the people who specifically ordered on the phone. I bought it, which might've been a bad idea.

Despite his and the ticketmaster rep's explanations I am still sketched out even though the ticket looks very legitimate and idenitical in everyway to other real ticketmaster tickets... but has anyone actually received their coachella ticket yet?? This is my 4th coachella and my girlfriends first and we'd be flying all the way from New York, so I'd like to be as sure as I can before we book everything.

When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

Pobrecito

you are out 450 my friend, gg.

ay, not so good to hear but thanks for the responses. i'll be filing a police report... why the fuck did it have to sell out like this this year?

Does anyone think the ticket prices will actually settle or should i just buy one off a prof ticket website for $650? damn expensivchella thus far

I would suggest waiting. It hasn't even been a week since it sold out. Final selling prices on ebay have already dropped dramatically. Just be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Does anyone think the ticket prices will actually settle or should i just buy one off a prof ticket website for $650? damn expensivchella thus far
    For fucks sake wait til the wristbands get sent out, then see how much they're going for. Haven't you been plundered enough already?